MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Morning girls hope ur all ok. I had a terrible night with my son. All that getting up and down and bending over his cot hurt my belly . It felt like I'd pulled. A muscle I hope babies ok x

Baby will be fine hun - be careful with you though :hugs:

ClaireJ23 -have sent a friend request, once accepted I can send you invite to group hun xxx

Thank you Donna, just accepted :)

Finally got my midwife appointment. Looks like it's just another booking-in appointment though! I'm hoping they've already booked me for a 20 week scan, but I don't know. It didn't mention anything in the letter.
And the appointment isn't until 16th of October!! That's 2 weeks away!!

I'd ring them ask if they've booked ur scan x
Finally got my midwife appointment. Looks like it's just another booking-in appointment though! I'm hoping they've already booked me for a 20 week scan, but I don't know. It didn't mention anything in the letter.

they booked my 20 week scan when I had my 12 week scan at the hospital

oh I see - sorry , could you not go to the old hospital that it was booked with ?

Yeah I did have a 20 week scan booked at the old hospital. But the old hospital is in London and I live on the south coast now. It's about 70 miles away and costs about £30 (and about 2.5hrs there, and then 2.5hrs back) on the train - don't have a car! :dohh: So it's a bit too far! :haha:
So I cancelled my scan there and am waiting for them to get me a scan here.

I think I am gonna ring them, because I need to sort something out for Lucas, as we don't really wanna bring him with us - he got pretty upset last time, doesn't like it when people do things to mummy! :haha: So I need someone to look after him. And also I want to know whether they don't want to see me earlier, because by the time my appointment with the midwife is I'll be almost 20 weeks, so I wouldn't have had a 16 week appointment. Not so bothered about not having the appointment as such, but surely there's a reason they want to see you around that time! What if I have like a urine/bladder infection with no symptoms. Or something else, they wouldn't know about it if they didn't do the routine tests (like BP or urinetests etc.) - I did see the nurse today as a general health check cause we registered with the new gp, so I know my BP was good, but they don't know that!
Or am I just being weird now??? :shrug:

Yeah I did have a 20 week scan booked at the old hospital. But the old hospital is in London and I live on the south coast now. It's about 70 miles away and costs about £30 (and about 2.5hrs there, and then 2.5hrs back) on the train - don't have a car! :dohh: So it's a bit too far! :haha:
So I cancelled my scan there and am waiting for them to get me a scan here.

I think I am gonna ring them, because I need to sort something out for Lucas, as we don't really wanna bring him with us - he got pretty upset last time, doesn't like it when people do things to mummy! :haha: So I need someone to look after him. And also I want to know whether they don't want to see me earlier, because by the time my appointment with the midwife is I'll be almost 20 weeks, so I wouldn't have had a 16 week appointment. Not so bothered about not having the appointment as such, but surely there's a reason they want to see you around that time! What if I have like a urine/bladder infection with no symptoms. Or something else, they wouldn't know about it if they didn't do the routine tests (like BP or urinetests etc.) - I did see the nurse today as a general health check cause we registered with the new gp, so I know my BP was good, but they don't know that!
Or am I just being weird now??? :shrug:

I don't think you're being weird at all. like you said, there is a reason to have these check ups. its all about good prenatal care. if something happened to be wrong, its always best to catch it early :hugs:

Don't know if anyone minds sharing, but how much weight have you all gained? I've gained 8 lbs! Seems a lot for 17 weeks?!

Also, has anyone else NOT felt baby by 17 weeks?
I haven't and am worried about it.

On the 12 week scan, I assume baby was sleeping. Baby was not moving that I could tell-been Doppler with fetal heartrates 145-165 3x since then....Guess I'm just crazy nervous!

I'm mostly concerning about the lack of feeling the baby. This is my second, so I expected to feel something by now. Have you felt anything Nikki?

Yea since about 12 weeks but very faint pops and lutters, around 15 weeks i felt it constsntly and then past week or so only here n there. Not everyday.

According to my booking in notes and the weight that got checked with the nurse today I gained about 17lbs, but I don't believe that, because I used to weigh myself all the time before I got pregnant (naked, so more accurate) cause I was trying to lose weight. But the weight they put down for my booking-in appointment was at least 4lbs less than what I last weighed myself as. And I had weighed myself when I was pregnant aswell!
So I reckon (if the scales with the nurse this morning were accurate) I probably gained more like 13lbs. Still quite a bit I think, but oh well!! We'll get rid of it once baby is born!! :dohh:
My pregnancy book has a little diagram in it as to how much you're supposed to gain at certain points and around 17 weeks (or between 15 and 20) it's about 11lbs so 7lbs is pretty good!! :thumbup:

It also said throughout your pregnancy, with a 'healthy' BMI you should gain 25-32lbs, if you're underweight it should be 27-40lbs and if you're overweight it should be 15-25lbs and if you're classed as obese it should be about 15lbs.

By the looks of it you gain the most weight during the 2nd trimester - "as a guide, ideal weight gain is no more than 5lbs in 1st tri, no more than 12-19lbs in 2nd tri and no more than 8-11lbs in 3rd tri. Remember not all of this weight gain is fat." (That's literally quoted from the book)

My belly is not very big either- some days I think it is bigger than others... I am 17 weeks and haven't felt any movement, however from what I have been reading that is not that uncommon so I am trying not to be concerned!

This is my 3rd pregnancy (well 6th but had 3 miscarriages) and I've gained roughly 5-6 lbs so far and still haven't felt baby move. Every pregnancy is totally different.

I'd gained a lb when I weighed my self a few days ago. But I had lost a stone and half due to sickness and now I'm eating ino it'll all come back lol.
Another bad night 4 me my sons been awake since 1am! Its now half 3! I could cry x

9lbs here although 2 of that was probably from family meals which were huge over my birthday week/weekend (the weekend I got pregnant lol)

flutters here still mostly although he gave me two big thumps earlier, guess he was turning as we saw he likes to go bananas and do some big jumps whilst he has a lot of room in there to turn (at least he did on our last scan)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->