MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I've gained about 4 and a half lbs and I'm almost 18 weeks...I started out a little heavier then I'd liked to have been so I'm working hard to not gain more then 20 total if I can help it...19-20 weeks left, no more then 16 more lbs...think I can do it, we will see. A little scared about Thanksgiving and Christmas, will probably gain 12 of the 16 lbs in those two holidays alone! Lmao!
I felt the baby kick from the outside of my tummy for the first time last night! It was so exciting! First I got a sharp kick to my belly then I instinctively put my hand in the spot I felt the kick and then I got one more good kick in the same spot and felt it on my fingers...I'm sitting there thinking "I must have a really thin uterus," lol, to feel a kick from the outside so early, I don't remember feeling the "outside" kicks until I was about 20-22 weeks with my 3 year old...

I told my husband to put his hand on my belly the other night and to put a little pressure on it. And he said he could feel pressure back against his hand, which was baby moving. Pretty cool!! :thumbup:
No real kicks but still cool!

Felt baby move for the first time last night 😊amazing xxxx

I've suddenly gone and changed my mind on the gender of this baby.... I've been saying it's gonna be another boy... but I've just realised that I've been wanting a lot of chocolate lately!
At the start of my pregnancy I kinda went off chocolate and just wanted to eat savoury things, like crisps.... but the past couple of weeks I've stopped wanting to eat crisps and started wanting chocolate instead!!
When I was pregnant with my son, I totally went off chocolate and only wanted to eat savoury things.... so I'm kinda thinking maybe this IS a girl!

I have to admit though, I can't remember whether I started liking/wanting chocolate again later on in my pregnancy with my son. :shrug:

hmmmm... ok maybe it's another boy! :winkwink:

Pregnant women!! :dohh:

a little scared about thanksgiving and christmas, will probably gain 12 of the 16 lbs in those two holidays alone!

^^^ this!!!! and Halloween for me too. 6 kids trick or treating makes a lot of candy :wacko:

Ugh!! I forgot about Halloween! And my birthday is the 7th of next month...between the candy, Benihana's (always go there for my birthday) Thanksgiving and Christmas I'm going to be living on the treadmill! Lol...

I've suddenly gone and changed my mind on the gender of this baby.... I've been saying it's gonna be another boy... but I've just realised that I've been wanting a lot of chocolate lately!
At the start of my pregnancy I kinda went off chocolate and just wanted to eat savoury things, like crisps.... but the past couple of weeks I've stopped wanting to eat crisps and started wanting chocolate instead!!
When I was pregnant with my son, I totally went off chocolate and only wanted to eat savoury things.... so I'm kinda thinking maybe this IS a girl!

I have to admit though, I can't remember whether I started liking/wanting chocolate again later on in my pregnancy with my son. :shrug:

Are you finding out gender soon or are you staying Team Yellow?

I am losing my patience!! I do not want to wait a day longer to find out the gender!! Grrrrr.

One of my friends had her baby yesterday afternoon and I went up to visit them at the hospital earlier this evening and got to hold the baby. He was born weighing 8lbs 15oz so he was a big boy, so heavy but smelled like a little newborn and was so cute and sweet. These next several months need to fly by so I can hold my own again lol.

:rofl:

a little scared about thanksgiving and christmas, will probably gain 12 of the 16 lbs in those two holidays alone!

^^^ this!!!! and Halloween for me too. 6 kids trick or treating makes a lot of candy :wacko:

Ugh!! I forgot about Halloween! And my birthday is the 7th of next month...between the candy, Benihana's (always go there for my birthday) Thanksgiving and Christmas I'm going to be living on the treadmill! Lol...

YES!!!!! my bday is the 13th of nov... I also have dd bday is oct 15th, DH is dec 10th, ds is dec 16th, our anniv is dec 30th. its gonna be a lot of cake and restaurants to work off :dohh:

You know that's exactly how my cravings and aversions have gone, I completely went off sweet things by 6 weeks and wanted chips and salty savory food, now (well since about 13 weeks) I'm back to wanting sweet. And chocolate omg, I devoured a roll of rolos tonight before I had even gotten to the commercial break in the show I was watching :dohh:

Morning girls. Hope your ok. I can eat the total opposite of the things I could eat with my son!
With him I couldn't care fast foods or most things. I'm starving al the time now .
My son slept better last night. But woke at 6.20am thinking it was time to get up it was stil dark outside . So mommy wasn't happy . I'm praying he's sleeping better by the time baby is born. 19 weeks 2moz! Can't believe it . Baby was going mad last night , felt it loads x

Morning all.
Its turned dark really quickly I think, doesnt help its raining here but I'm not fond of getting up when its dark outside and having to have the lights on more. Although I never sunbathe and tend to hide from the blazing sun I do like sunlight.

https://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/l/lwzi7ydps.png

Aww I love winter and dark nights but I don't like getting up when its dark lol. Its raining and dull her today so even darker x

Hi all, hope everyone is feeling good despite the rubbish weather! I have my 15 week midwife appointment this afternoon and am wishing badly that I had a car or that at the very least it stops raining before I have to set off.

Doing a couple of hours of work this morning, money is so tight this time of year and my sons birthday is at the end of October and I am still stressing over what to buy him... what do you buy for a kid who already seems to have everything??

I think I'm feeling movements the last few days, weird rolling feelings and light kicks/taps... 99% sure its baby...can't wait til its stronger!

Are you finding out gender soon or are you staying Team Yellow?

Oh no definitely finding out, if baby cooperates!! But I haven't got my scandate yet (cause we moved).
Hoping to find out more about that today, but we'll see. At least this way the scanday will just randomly be here suddenly, because I don't know when it is yet.

Actually earlier I was thinking: what if they call me and say, can you come in today! :haha: now that would be awesome!! :haha: but I'm sure that won't happen!!!

Is anyone else swelling? My rings are getting tight and im not even 18 weeks. I didnt swell in my fingers or ankles at all w my dd and wore my wedding rings during delivery!

I dont know if its the insulin pump im on and the changebof insulin or what? Or maybe all the salt im consuming....hmmph..

I'm starting to look puffy in the mornings. My mother-in-law thought it was funny that my butt was getting bigger. I don't necessarily care to hear those comments, but I'm trying not to be sensitive.

MY cravings have taken quite a turn. Used to be pringles and popcorn. Recently, I crave sweets. Today, right before lunch, I got a headache and became nausea. Didn't eat anything really except for black olives! I finished a bowel of them!

I practically lived on crackers from weeks 6-15. the thought of eating meat, sweets, or much of anything else made me so sick. now im starting to crave sweets again. and even craving soda. before soda wasn't even a thought. I still have a hard time in the evening smelling any meat cooking at dinner :sick: I can now eat a little bit after its cooked, but oh the smell before then, ick!

eltjuh- hope its not much longer til your scan. would be lovely if they called and said come in!!!! what a mess you are dealing with just from moving :wacko:

nikki- im not swelling yet. most of my swelling and weight gain is in 3rd tri. a couple pregnancies ago I had my rings sized up though, so I may not notice light swelling. I got tired of not wearing them for 3 mos every time I was pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->