MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

yeah my husband was with me when I tested with my first pregnancy, I did one of those internet cheapies and they're really really faint if you do it before your period is due. So I had already thrown it in the bin thinking it was negative, then found out online (with pictures) that those tests are always really faint, so I dug it out the bin and both me and hubby were like: i THINK there's something there! So I ran out to Asda and got one of their tests and the line came up - I still thought it was faint, but I'd never done one before, when I look back at the picture now I'm like: there's definitely a line there! I don't know why I thought that was faint at the time!! :haha:
This time I only tested when hubby was out cause I had promised him I'd wait until the monday when my period was due, but I couldn't wait!! So I did a sneaky one! :winkwink: And when me and Lucas got home from his swimming lesson I handed him an envelope with a card in that said: 'sorry, I can't go on any rides with you in Legoland' (as we had some tickets from the sun to go there!) and he got the hint straight away, looked at me and went: ARE YOU?!?!?!?!
It was really nice to see him so excited about it!

Aww bless. Well with my son! I was about 5 days late & I was convinced it was gna be negative ! I had had a lap and dye done 2 weeks b4 to c why I wasn't getting pregnant and it showed all was ok bt I fort that was why I was late ! I took the test and put it on the toilet and turned to my oh and said its gna be negative ! Turned round and there was the 2 darkest lines ever! I literally cudnt speak! He said is it postive and I burst into tears! I've never been so happy!
This time I was stil convinced it was negative ! Bt some how I just new I was pregnant ! X

Donna -no I only found out gender with my last baby - with my first and third there wasn't the option, as back then we only got one dating scan and it was before 10weeks so couldn't see much lol. With my second baby, I was deemed high risk for chromosomal abnormality at my 16week bloods and had amniocentesis; I was terrified and when we found out baby was healthy and perfect, I just didn't care whether boy or girl and never found out then either .
With number 4 I wanted to know, I think ONLY because everyone does and because we could lol- it was nice, we got a blue nursery and he got a blue moses basket and lots of blue clothes pre bought etc BUT I missed the anticipation at the birth which I had with previous births. Also, we had a scary delivery when we lost his heart rate and I had a traumatic forceps delivery (with no anaesthesia at all lol) and when he was born I was so relieved he was healthy and gender was insignificant.

It is hard Ella, wish I could help you out xx you are doing a fab job keeping up.

xxx

Aww bless u donna!
Yeh I loved knowing with my son because I felt like I had a proper bond b4 he was even born, I loved callin him by his name etc, not saying ppl who don't no the sex don't bond cuz of course they do but I really liked that I new.. And I think its stil a suprise4 me cuz I don't no now . So wenever I find out I'm gna be suprised! Lol.
And yeh I loved having all his clothes etc and this time I want to no because if there a boy I've got all my sons clothes and stuff , where as for a girl I will need a lot more x it must be amazing to wait tho but I'm defo one for finding out x

Aww ladies - my cousin-in-law who is on the FB page, she was 17 weeks and they went to the dr on Friday and she lost the baby :( there was no heartbeat. My heart is broken for her - we had no idea, my mother in law just told us. Ugh. Nothing been posted on her fb about it and I feel so bad for her :(

j_Lynn how terrible. :nope: your poor cousin in the law....

elutjah I also cheated. I tested with a $ store cheapie and couldn't believe my line after having a miscarriage with only one cycle inbetween. It took nine months the first time so I thought it was too good to be true. I stuck in a ziplock bag and carried it around with me all shift at work and when I'd get a moment I'd take it out and peek at it like, yeah.....that is real :cloud9:

Two days later I told my boyfriend I thought I should test and asked him if he wanted to be there. I sprang for a digital and acted like I didn't know what was coming. He snatched it and ran off with me chasing him around until the Yes + came up :haha: sounds weird but I loved it. It's my little secret I found out first.

Ahw J-Lynn, I'm so sorry!! I can't imagine what she's going through. It's bad enough having to go through a miscarriage early on (mine was at 7 weeks) so to think everything is going well after you've had your scan and knowing the chances of things going wrong are so small you never expect anything to happen!! So sorry!!! :hugs:

I did really like being able to tell my hubby as a little surprise to him! It was nice to find out together aswell, but whenever I heard about people being able to surprise their husband in different ways I really wanted that! - With my mc I tested early in the morning and put a post it on the test saying: I think I'm gonna be a big brother and got my son to wake daddy up and give it to him....
I loved that idea, but considering I'd already used it I had to come up with something else! :haha:

Keeping up with the thread isn't THAT hard, I'm not complaining. I just feel bad if I forget to add people or update things! Cause sometimes I'll be reading all the new posts and think I'll add that later and then forget after I'm done reading all of them!It takes a little bit of effort to try and keep this thread as much up to date with the FB posts about gender scans as possible. It's also a little bit of a bummer that a lot of people seem to have left and moved to FB and never come back on here. Though I know some people are still lurking around, just not posting as much :flower:

Oh no, J-lynn! How horrible!! It's so scary knowing it could happen at anytime, I can't imagine how that feeling of loss must be like! Sending hugs and strength her way!

My husband and I had been trying for 3 years and by the end my husband wouldn't let me test. He said he hated how much it hurt me each time I saw a negative. Then we were told we would have to go through IVF to even have a chance at conception. So we completely stopped trying, we were planning IVF next March. I stopped charting, everything. Then one month came and I felt it had been a while since I had af. I told myself I was just having a long cycle is all. Then my hopes kept getting higher, so I also sneaked a test lol. Dh wouldn't have allowed me to buy one if he had known. The whole time i was waiting I was telling myself how stupid I was, setting myself up for yet another disappointment. Right as I saw my first ever BFP my husband walked in from work. I just jumped into his arms crying! He had no idea what was happening lol. I had never seen him so happy when I showed him that test!

Aww ladies - my cousin-in-law who is on the FB page, she was 17 weeks and they went to the dr on Friday and she lost the baby :( there was no heartbeat. My heart is broken for her - we had no idea, my mother in law just told us. Ugh. Nothing been posted on her fb about it and I feel so bad for her :(

Omg was that kayla? How awful! :(

so sorry j_lynn :hugs: cant imagine what she is going through :(

congrats lis k!! :pink:

love all the :bfp: stories!!!

Omg was that kayla? How awful! :(

No, Kristen - Kayla is my friend here in town, but Kristen is my husbands cousin.

She felt something was wrong and went in to see the doctor, and the cord had wrapped around his neck :( There were some other issues they found as well that would have ended his life in-utero, so if it wouldn't have been one thing it would have been another. It still doesn't change the pain of it all, I can't begin to imagine how she is feeling. I wish she didn't live so far away - but at the same time, another pregnant woman is the last thing she probably wants to be around right now. :cry:

I'm going to find a nice memorial gift and send it up to her - I honestly thought she would have left the group by now, but she's still in the member list.

That is so terrifying to me. It just goes to show that there is no "safe" time in pregnancy (or even beyond). My heart really breaks for her :( I hope they can figure out what happened.

That is so terrifying to me. It just goes to show that there is no "safe" time in pregnancy (or even beyond). My heart really breaks for her :( I hope they can figure out what happened.

They did, I just posted it just a second before you posted - crazy timing!

I don't know the details of what the other problems he had were; but I am not asking right now just waiting to hear from the family as they find out.

The cord wrapping around his neck is all too common, I have had 3 friends this year now that has happened to. My friend Nikki lost her daughter at 31 weeks from that back in April, our friends who were due just a week before us lost their little one at 14 weeks from the cord issue, and now his cousin.

You're so right, there is just really no "safe" time, during and after birth - from the moment we're created, we all have a time to go. But the odds are so slim in pregnancy. It just makes me relish in every single day of pregnancy and the time that I have with her moving around in there. If something was to happen, I at least want to know I spent every single day making sure she knows she's loved in her mommy and that her daddy also loves her very much. It's something that will more than likely not happen - but you never can say 100% that's the case. We just have to take care of ourselves the best we can and hope it all lasts through 40 weeks (hehe or more if some of us aren't lucky and end up having babies that want to cook longer!)

Now I just don't know what to say to her - and I am going to block her from my facebook posts so she can't see all the baby stuff I post about. Just to help it; I know I wouldn't want to see it if I was her.

love all the :bfp: stories!!!

My BFP story is kinda boring ... I pee'd on the stick when he was out mowing - it came out with 2 lines, I freaked out and called my friend up the road and she came over and said, "PEE ON ANOTHER ONE!!!!" so I pee'd on 3 more and they all had that faint BFP, and then hubby came in and she acted like she just came over to help me with something real fast and we played it off like nothing happened; she left about 20 minutes later and she was texting me the whole time saying, "I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARENT GOING TO TELL HIM - THIS IS KILLLING ME!!!" because I was going to wait to tell him - well, right after dinner that night I couldn't hold it anymore and I came into the kitchen while he was putting dinner in tupperware containers and showed him the test and said, "You're gonna be a daddddddy" and he got so shaky he could barely hold the tupperware bowl in his hand :) hahah

So it's not as cool as some of them, but I won't ever forget it that's for sure :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->