MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Morning girls. :)
I had a better nights sleep. My son slept much better ! :) didn't hear a peep until 4.45am and he only woke cuz he had wet thru his nappy.. Then he went bk of til 7.30 am ! :)
I can't wait til friday! So excited x 3 more sleeps x

Lovely name Happyhome, Amelia is on our list for first names :thumbup:

Donna glad you and little man had a better night

Nikki -hope Ella is doing much better xxx

xxx

My neice is called amelia. :) lovely name ! So pretty and girly !

We've been talking boys names.. I like blake and bentley but oh doesn't like blake and says bentley will get shortnd to bent and they'll get picked on. We both like chad, and we love bailey but we no sum1 else who has called there child that so that's a no go! Names r hard x

DH liked Amelia for dd3 but I said it was too close to Amy my dd1 so think its perfect for our last child middle name, plus initials spell JAC so in a way I get my boy lol

Donna just a curious question how do u settle ur son to sleep? I'm doing like a rapid return like dd3 and it's working quite well, she's learning to self settle much better lately, might finally get her sorted before baby comes and I start all over again lol

I think boys names are much tougher, think I agree with the Bentley name though, kids are cruel it doesn't take much to have them bully each other.

Aww bless.
Well my son has always just gone in his cot with his bottle of milk and gone 2 sleep just fine on his own. Lately I'm going in and out all the time cuz he's crying . But last night we put him down , he only cried once I tucked him in with his teddy and that ws him fast asleep.. ! I'm praying tonight will be the same x yeh I do agree on bentley2 !

The closer it gets to my scan I'm kinda hoping we have a boy. I love little boys & cj would love a brother & think its a boy so don't wna hope 4 a girl and it not be x
X

I have a feeling its a boy and its just getting stronger will see what Thursday has in store for us.

I am thinking boy for me too, a few days after you ladies - a week today yay!!!
Not that we are planning on finding out, but just to see our little peanut again and check all is well <3

Names are tough!! I remember with my last two having certain names in my head rom ttc and just assuming hubby would love them (or learn to lol ) too.. was gutted when he hated some of them haha... I hated quite a few of his ideas too lol

This time I LOVE Eli (and hubby hasn't vetoed it ), Harvey and Zane we both think are cute too but he wasn't so keen on Gabriel or Dexter which I like too.

For girls we love Abigail (or maybe just Abbie) and Amelie, I l love Lilia and Aimee too And Eden was a favourite of mine but hubby vetoed xxx

my hubby tends to lean on spanish names which all of them I dont like LOL

We've started a name list for both genders just recently. Our game plan is to go in with two or three and see which name fits.
We ran across the name Vala which meas 'chosen' and instantly both like it, so it's on the list for a girl and I LoVe the name Wesley for a boy but he's not sold on it. The name list grows, so we'll see what happens

Nikki I hope your little girl is feeling better!
elutjah. Hope you get your ultrasound date today!!!

My husband once told me he liked the name Freya for a girl... I really really don't like that name (no offence to anyone that does!!)
I only found out a while ago that he wasn't too sure about the name Lucas at first... I always thought he liked it from the start!! :haha:

Still haven't heard from the midwife! I'm gonna give her until about 1pm tomorrow and if she hasn't rung me I'm gonna ring her - again!! It's really really starting to get annoying now! I'm not sure how long it takes to be booked in for a scan, but I can imagine that it could take about 2 (or more) weeks! So if she isn't gonna do it until she's seen me next week I'm probably gonna be more like 22 weeks by the time we find out!! And we've got my parents coming over next week on the weekend, I was kind of hoping to be able to tell them what we're having!! :dohh:

Hi ladies...im 17 weeks today and don't think iv felt any movement as yet...

When did you all feel movement? Anything I can do to encourage it? xx

I first felt it last week and at least once a day since but I have to be laid flat on my back with my hands resting low down on my belly.

Im dragging today! We were at the ER all night w ella :( she was screaming all night and when we got there she still had a 103 fever, and her throat was so swollen she. Couldnt swallow. They deided to give her a steroid shot that will last a few days. On top of it they also gave her the penicillin shot so we dobt have to give them orally since she was vomiting them up....right now we gave her a tylenol suppository since shes not really eating and i feel like shes on the mend! That steroid shot is serious business.. But she is now playing w her toys and not crying so hopefully she feels a bit better.

Hi ladies...im 17 weeks today and don't think iv felt any movement as yet...

When did you all feel movement? Anything I can do to encourage it? xx

I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow with my 3rd and still haven't really felt anything. Maybe a movement here or there but I can't even say with certainty that it was the baby. I felt my first around 19 weeks and my second at 15+5 so every pregnancy is totally different and it's really hard to say when you will start feeling baby.

Lots of people say to drink something cold, like fruit juice, to get baby moving. Never really seems to work for me... It helps to lay down quietly - my pregnancy book said that today also, as when you're moving you could be rocking baby to sleep, so when you lay down quietly they might wake up.... It also said to turn over to your side, which might make them move so they won't be in an awkward position.
I personally lay down quietly and then jiggle my belly a little, just prod it a little - not too hard ofcourse, but just poke a bit on the left and right and that usually seems to work - not always though, and it's not always an instant reaction from baby.

Glad to hear that Ella seems a bit better now Nikki, even if it meant having to spent half the night in the ER! :hugs: Hopefully she'll be on the way up now!!

Aww ur more patient then me I'd be ringing 10 times a day ! Lol x

I would, but I know they're always pretty busy and her voicemail message said she'd ring back on her next working day - obviously I don't know when that is, but I'd say she probably works most days!! So I thought I'd give her today to ring me and part of tomorrow, cause maybe she had the day off yesterday....
I really just wanna know now!!

Ella hope you get it sorted soon -cannot be too long now anyway (I would hope that once she books it will be very soon )
I used to love the name Freya (12 years ago when preggers with number 3) but would probably have not used it as my surname is Fox lol, so any F beginning names make it sound like a carton character haha -anyway there are loads of Freya's here now and I dislike it too now

Nikki glad your little one is feeling a bit better, what a shame x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->