MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Congrats on all the healthy babies!

Nikki-Sending healing energy towards your lady baby--a sick infant is so scary! :(
Hope she feels better ASAP!

I still haven't felt definite movement--wish I had a Doppler sometimes!

Im dragging today! We were at the ER all night w ella :( she was screaming all night and when we got there she still had a 103 fever, and her throat was so swollen she. Couldnt swallow. They deided to give her a steroid shot that will last a few days. On top of it they also gave her the penicillin shot so we dobt have to give them orally since she was vomiting them up....right now we gave her a tylenol suppository since shes not really eating and i feel like shes on the mend! That steroid shot is serious business.. But she is now playing w her toys and not crying so hopefully she feels a bit better.
so sorry she is still sick. hopefully on a quick mend now with the shots!

Still haven't heard from the midwife! I'm gonna give her until about 1pm tomorrow and if she hasn't rung me I'm gonna ring her - again!! It's really really starting to get annoying now! I'm not sure how long it takes to be booked in for a scan, but I can imagine that it could take about 2 (or more) weeks! So if she isn't gonna do it until she's seen me next week I'm probably gonna be more like 22 weeks by the time we find out!! And we've got my parents coming over next week on the weekend, I was kind of hoping to be able to tell them what we're having!! :dohh:
cant believe you still haven't heard back!!!

I still haven't felt definite movement--wish I had a Doppler sometimes!

I feel the same. maybe a swoosh or turn or poke, but only a handful of times. cant wait for some definite movement :(

Blessedmomma-- How do you already know the gender of your baby? :)
You are lucky. The wait is killing me!

Morning Donna -getting exciting!! I am getting really excited and I have just under a week to go. Hope the heart burn eases up x

How's Ella Nikki ? Hope she is better x

I was at work night before last, and got a rare wee quiet moment to try a Doppler on myself lol- heard peanuts heartbeat, fleetingly because then he/she kicked the Doppler right off me haha -Wow so hard, I was actually afraid I had hurt her. Had another couple of large thumps last night when lying down too. Yay!! Fab feeling!!

xxx

Hi ladies...im 17 weeks today and don't think iv felt any movement as yet...

When did you all feel movement? Anything I can do to encourage it? xx

hi I felt my first def movement at 15w6d but as wavecrash said every pregnancy is different ... I had alot of movements the past weekend on my right and nothing much Monday and Tuesday must be coz baby has changed position as Im feeling movement more to my left now

Lots of people say to drink something cold, like fruit juice, to get baby moving. Never really seems to work for me... It helps to lay down quietly - my pregnancy book said that today also, as when you're moving you could be rocking baby to sleep, so when you lay down quietly they might wake up.... It also said to turn over to your side, which might make them move so they won't be in an awkward position.
I personally lay down quietly and then jiggle my belly a little, just prod it a little - not too hard ofcourse, but just poke a bit on the left and right and that usually seems to work - not always though, and it's not always an instant reaction from baby.

Glad to hear that Ella seems a bit better now Nikki, even if it meant having to spent half the night in the ER! :hugs: Hopefully she'll be on the way up now!!

Drinking something cold also doesnt work for me ... :dohh:

I've heartburn so bad last few days I cud cry x

hope the heartburn eases up for u and Nikki

Nikki hope your little girl gets well soon

One more sleep to my scan ... :happydance:

OMW I had a weird dream last night ... I went to doc and he couldnt tell me the sex of the baby after so many attempts to get the baby in the right position then all of a sudden I was in a dark room full of tv's with my colleague whose wife is also pregnant (2weeks behind me) and his wife was being scanned and then I said to him see its a boy and he picked me up and was swinging me around coz they have 2 girls already and then I started crying because I didnt know the sex of my baby LOL

Hope I get to find out tomorrow :coffee:

Hope your little girl is feeling much better now Nikki, it's so scary when they are poorly.
Ella- thanks for updating the from page :) you do a great job!

I'm getting sick of the the commiserations we're getting, two days in from finding out we're team pink and people are almost sending sympathy cards! I'm happy we have another little princess on the way, DH has his own little cheerleading squad lol
We sat down last night and had a good chat about housing, perhaps moving if somewhere comes up (we rent)

Aww dreams are cruel. Last two nights mine have been of scary c-sections, I've hardly slept :(

Happy home -that is awful!! People are idiots sometimes!
This is maybe partially why we aren't finding out, because I know we would get similar if we announced 'another' boy lol but after the birth they wouldn't be so rude! (Or you would hope lmao; like I said people are idiots)

And I will be delighted with another boy or another girl :D

xx

My little girl is doing much better! She woke up at 11pm last night because her pain med for her throat wore off, but within a half hour of giving her tylenol she passed out until 7am!! She didnt wake up screaming so we assume her throat pain is decreasing.... When we gave her a bottle u could tell she was uncomfortable but we gave her motrin and shes crawling all around getting into everything! :). So happy to have my little girl back... Dont plan on going anywhere with her until tomorrow but yea! Good news!

Being a mommy to a sick child is so tough especially when their inconsolable! I wanted to rip my eyeballs out and i was crying with her at one point! Oh boy!

So I rang my midwife again this morning, left her another message.... heard nothing back. I got fed up with the whole situation so I rang the community midwives office again, they didn't answer and I could only leave a message and they hadn't really been very helpful before so I didn't leave a message, decided I'd ring them again later. I realised that I had a phonenumber on the fridge, which I got from my GP surgery (for the midwife) to refer myself to the midwife. So decided I'd try that - worst they could do was say I had to ring a different number... BUT I spoke to a midwife there, told her I'd been trying to chase up my 20 week scan for a while now and nothing was happening. She said: oh a midwife needs to send a request to the scan department, they won't just make an appointment for you (I thought to myself: yes, I know that, so why isn't anyone booking my appointment??) She asked if I had my 12 wk scan, I said: yes, but that was in London and I've recently moved. So she asked whether I'd seen a mw yet and I told her I'm due to see her next week, but I'll be 19+5 by then. So she took my details and said she'll send it through to the scan department and I should get an appointment letter through the post!!!

Fingers crossed it'll come through soon, with a date that isn't TOO far away! Think I've waited long enough!!

Anyone mind if I join REALLY late?

I was an old babyandbump member. Had my DD April 2009. Then had a really tough struggle with TTC and an account compromise I had my account deleted. Finally after two years of trying and many losses we are just over 16 weeks and I feel comfortable joining again. I am still friends with many of my regular April 2009 moms and we keep in regular touch so one of the first things I did was search for a March 2014 group!

A little about me though in general.

I am from New England in the US. I have been with my DH for 6 years married 2 in December. We just moved into our first HOUSE. I am a SAHM to my daughter but am also in school for Respiratory Therapy. My daughter was born two weeks over due and was born with a birth defect called a lymphangioma. She was in the hospital a lot during her first year but finally had surgery at 9 months old and has been fairly healthy ever since. Hmm what else. Oh my name is Kelly, probably should have put that at the beginning!

I will work hard to catch up as much as I can and get to know everyone!

OH and I am due March 25th :)

Welcome Kelly! And congrats on your pregnancy! I am originally from New England (Boston area). I miss it this time of year. It's so pretty in the fall.

Thanks for the welcomes ladies :) It definitely is gorgeous this time of year the leaves changed fairly early this year so our trees are almost empty already though :( We live in NH but my aunt who I am extremely close to lives in the boston area so we visit there a lot. Its like a second home to us.

Blessedmomma-- How do you already know the gender of your baby? :)
You are lucky. The wait is killing me!

we had a verifi blood test ran to check for genetic issues and one thing it does is give the gender if you want to know it. so we have known since around 14 or 15 weeks :)

happyhome- we were getting a lot of that. we had 2 girls, then 4 boys in a row. people can be so ridiculous! :hugs:

Nikkilewis- so glad your LO is starting to feel better!

Eltjuh- I cant believe how much they have dropped the ball on this! I hope this new midwife comes through :wacko:

familyof42014- welcome! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->