MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I'm home , bellys measuring 22 weeks :) and babies heartbeat was fine . He's been kicking like mad all day.
They don't actuli no why I was there lol. My water sample I did there was clear. But I've gotta go bk 4 antibiotics 2moz cuz it must of been last weeks sample that showed an infection x congrtz on the girl x

I have been having the same issue with needing multiple rounds of antibiotics in order to fight this UTI. I have been told its probably due to how baby is sitting. My midwife suggested taking cranberry pills along with my antibiotics this time and to drink water to the point I can't stand it. I am so tired of it not going away. They have me on a really strong antibiotic this time and for 14 days instead of 7. They said if it doesn't go away after this one they will have to do IV antibiotics because there running out of antibiotics they give while pregnant. So hopefully yours goes or has gone this time!

My boobs leaking really badly at 19 weeks with my son. Nothing yet this time tho which I'm glad about as I hated them leaking !

And thanks hun yeh they've said if it doesn't go ill be in hospital 4 an iv! I'm hoping its gone or goes this time x

i hate it too when I wake up to go to the loo it looks like someone threw my chest wet with a glass of sticky fluid ...

Question for you ladies:
Have any of you had a VBAC? After my ultrasound yesterday, I met with my MD to review the ultrasound report--which was perfect, baby is well and all seems correctly formed and healthy.
I had a csection after an induction at 41w3d with my daughter. I was on at Pitocin drip for 24 hours! My body did not go into labor on its own; my daughter was posterior. I did fully dilate to 10 cm, but Stella did not descend into my pelvis. There are two possible reasons for this: (1)inadequate pelvic outlet and (2) posterior position of baby not allowing her to descend.
After some decelerations of the babys heartrate which took a while to recover after contractions, they prepped me for a csection! I was told at the time that my pelvic outlet was adequate for a 6 lb baby and nothing bigger.

Anyways, my MD asked me yesterday, "We will be doing a tubal on you after the birth since we will be in there anyways?" I replied "What do you mean, I never agreed to a scheduled csection!" He seemed shocked! Last appt, he was pushing me roughly towards a csection; guess he thought he had won that battle. What I would prefer is to try my hardest for a VBAC and if I fail, then have a csection if there is legit danger.

I am so saddened by the lack of support from this doctor--and annoyed that he expects me to make a choice now! :(
I am bringing my DH next visit so we can stomp the doctor's plan into the dust.

I am not even really feeling joy from yesterday at all after the stress of that awful delivery options conversation with that doctor.
Any thoughts?

I had a vaginal birth last time so can't really comment/help much... But I'd definitely push for what you want! You should be able to have whatever you want! A doctor can't make you do something you don't want - unless it's safer or there are medical reasons to do it a certain way - but you seem smart enough to realize that!

AFM, my boobs aren't leaking yet...I can't remember when they started with my son, I think it was quite late, more around 30 weeks or so! Fingers crossed it'll be the same this time!

Can't wait for tomorrow! Our scan is at 3.15pm!!! Hopefully time will go fast tomorrow!!!

Ella not long at all! So exciitng :) !
I'm tired .. Been and got my prescrpition bt the chemist has had to order them in so not got them yet . X

I've had two VBAC's hun, fight your corner to at least let you try a VBAC, ask your MW to refer you to a VBAC clinic and explore every option. Do not let them force you into a decision you are not happy with if there is no medical reason to you or baby.

congrats on your girl waitingfor <3

Donna -if your urine sample yesterday was clear, maybe the antibiotics worked last time, do you have nay symptoms?

xxx

Nope no symptoms. Ino she said she cudnt understand why it was clear yday. But giiving me antibitoics newai x

Waitingfordamon - Is there any way you can switch doctors? It would be easier to do a VBAC with a supportive doctor.

My friend wanted a VBAC and her doctor was not supportive at all. He pushed her to get a csection at 7 days overdue. She scheduled it but then decided that she just wasn't going to cooperate because she really wanted a VBAC. The morning of her scheduled csection she ate a huge breakfast before going in to the hospital so they couldn't operate on her and negotiated another few days to wait for labor. She went into labor on her own at 10 days overdue and waited until the last minute to get to the hospital. She pushed the almost 10 pound baby out with the help of a nurse (her doc was performing a csection at the time on someone else) a few minutes after getting to the hospital.

She got what she wanted, but she wouldn't have had to jump through so many hoops if she had a supportive doctor!

Thats a really inspiring story, LisK! Thanks for sharing!

I am bringing my husband with me to the next appointment so I can put my foot down regarding my desire for VBAC. All I said to my doctor yesterday was that either delivery option terrified me right now; that it was too early for me to choose--but in my heart I've wanted a VBAC!

That surgery is TERRIBLE! My body never went into labor before they induced me last time; I think if my body initiates the energy, I have more than a fighting chance.

I am bringing my husband because he is very strong willed, more so than myself sometimes, and will gladly "come out swinging" in a verbal sense to defend what I want if this doctor insists on treating me like a doormat.

I mean, seriously--despite the fact that he has seen thousands of births, how many were not influenced by a myriad of unnatural interventions (like my last delivery was). How can he say I will not succeed when NOTHING about my last delivery was natural and body driven?!

I'd be pretty terrified of having a c-section! I've never been to hospital for anything other than bloodtests (which really don't bother me), scans and giving birth.... never had any operations so I'm pretty scared about any operations....
I've got a dermatologist appointment in the hospital on saturday for a mole and I'm kinda freaking out about that! Don't know why.... hospitals just intimidate me I think! I'm not even worried about the mole but I thought I'd just get it checked out as it seemed to have changed.

Hello ladies! Been a while since I've been on! Nothing much to update here, just that dh changed the baby's name. He went from not caring what the name was to choosing the whole thing lol. It's now Noah Randall....I love the name Noah, just think it's an odd combo with Randall. Ah well...dh likes it, so I'll just call dibs on the next baby's name ;)

Also think little man doesn't like cheese. There I was, snacking on some cheese cubes...he gives me a good kick and up comes the cheese. Nice to know I have a strongly opinionated man on the way lol.

I like the name Noah!! We have that as an option for a boys name.... Not sure on other names, we thought about Justin but I'm not so sure anymore.... And we'll use Bryan as a middle name, as that's hubby's (step)dad's name and he's done a lot for hubby's family and been a great dad to all of the kids even though he's not biologically their dad (to none of them!)

Anyway we will hopefully find out tomorrow, so if it's a boy then we'll have to start thinking about some more boy names, but we've already settled on the girls name!

I like the name Noah!! We have that as an option for a boys name.... Not sure on other names, we thought about Justin but I'm not so sure anymore.... And we'll use Bryan as a middle name, as that's hubby's (step)dad's name and he's done a lot for hubby's family and been a great dad to all of the kids even though he's not biologically their dad (to none of them!)

Anyway we will hopefully find out tomorrow, so if it's a boy then we'll have to start thinking about some more boy names, but we've already settled on the girls name!

Girls' names always seem the easiest, don't they?? Good luck tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->