MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Morning girls, hope ur all doing well. I've woken up with a sore throat. ! Don't get my flu jab til the end of next month! X

They offered me a flu jab, but don't know whether to get it..... didn't have it with Lucas..... are there any risks to baby if you get flu?

I had the flu jab with cj , I think there is more risk of us getting a bag flu or pnemonia whilst pregnant I don't no what affects flu can have on baby 2bh.
But the flu jab is safe well so I've been told and it didn't make me poorly or nothing wen I had it wen my son x

mornings

hope u feel better soon Donna ...

we went shopping a little yesterday ... got a few toiletries, 2 fleece blankets, 1 receiver blanket, some socks and a diaper bag ...

so exciting to do shopping for baby although we buying neutral colours LOL

Morning girls, hope ur all doing well. I've woken up with a sore throat. ! Don't get my flu jab til the end of next month! X

They offered me a flu jab, but don't know whether to get it..... didn't have it with Lucas..... are there any risks to baby if you get flu?

Hiya...i had my flu jab about two weeks ago...i was really sceptical however spoke to the doctor and midwife, they told me the consequences can be terrible if i dont have it and get the flu and there is no evidence to suggest that it causes harm to the baby...i also did a thread in second trimester section about this...it may be worth taking a look as they were ladies on there who had one with each pregnancy and ladies who knew peple who didn't have them and the consequence of it...the only side effect i got was a sore arm! xx

Well, Chinese gender predictor said that my DD age 5, was supposed to be a boy!
Judging from that track record, this one must be a boy because this go round it predicts a girl! Can't believe I will know in a few short hours!

As for flu vaccines; I am a nurse in a US hospital and I have actually been advised against the vaccine. I will not be taking it.

I booked an appointment to get the flu jab on saturday!
Glad she said the next clinic was after wednesday, cause I wanted to get it done after the scan, just in case I DO get the side effects (they said it could make you a little ill).

Can't believe it's only just over 48 hours until we get to see baby again!! he/she has been a little less active again.... maybe not less active, just less noticeable! Not as strong as before...

I've had a call from the drs I have stil got a uti and have to up maternity ! Now I'm worried ! X

Donna - hope all is okay hun -that is worrying that you still have an UTI despite 2 lots of antibiotics -hope they get it sorted for you xx

waitingfor -GoodLuck, come back and fill us in with the news Interesting to see if your Chinese predictor theory is right (or would that be wrong then lol) xxx

Ella - I am getting my flu jab next Monday, I never get it generally but got it last time I was pregnant and had no ill effects, bar a sore arm lol. I am a nurse UK and we are recommended to get it , especially if pregnant.

I had my flue jab this morning. Didn't have any bad reaction last year when pregnant with my daughter so didn't think twice about it this time.

Chinese gender prediction predicted girl with my daughter, predicts another girl this time, scan in 2 weeks, hoping to find out :)

I had the flu in my last trimester with my daughter. I don't ever get the shot because I don't think it works! I was pretty sick and she was just fine. I think the biggest risk is if you have a high fever which I didn't.

I get the flu shot free at work. I got it last pregnancy - no issues with me feeling sick or harm to the baby and no effects since then (she's 18 months) that we've noticed. She & I both got it last year, same thing - no effects or sickness. I just haven't gotten it yet this year and she currently doesn't have insurance so she hasn't gotten it yet either.

They don't use an active version of the flu virus in the vaccine so there's no way to actually GET the flu from it. If you get sick after receiving the vaccine, you were already exposed to it prior to getting the shot.

I wouldn't personally have the flu jab - I didn't have it last time either

Its a girl!!!!!!!!!!! :pink:

Yayyyy!!!! :happydance: Congrats on team pink!!

I work in LTC but I'm opting out of the flu shot this year as I do every other year. In my job you have to sign a waiver saying that if you've got the flu or we go on an outbreak that you won't work and won't get paid to not work but I've never encountered an issue with doing so. I've got a pretty great immune system and have never come down with the flu.....I think it's just an individual choice for everyone to make for themselves.

I'm home , bellys measuring 22 weeks :) and babies heartbeat was fine . He's been kicking like mad all day.
They don't actuli no why I was there lol. My water sample I did there was clear. But I've gotta go bk 4 antibiotics 2moz cuz it must of been last weeks sample that showed an infection x congrtz on the girl x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->