MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

ahw that's really good news!! Bet you feel much more relaxed now!

I do, these last few days have been hellish. No doubt ill panic a bit when the time comes for my next scan in 4 weeks but I'm gonna put it to the back of my mind until then!

Glad everything was explained to you. If you do ever have and questions feel free to ask away and your little girl will be just perfect xx

Morning girls ,
Hope ur all ok. .
Here's my 24+2 bump pic x

Attachments

• IMG-20131109-01017.jpg
    IMG-20131109-01017.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 7
Wow we are all getting proper baby bumps now. I think this week is the first week where I have thought yeah defo preggers lol. Off target and I don't know why im thinking about it now but I have not touched a drop of alcohol since before I found out I was preggers but I have thought Ooo a glass of fizz might be nice on xmas day do you think you might be tempted over the festivities xx

I've been wanting a little bottle of wkd every now and then, but obviously haven't had any! Not for quite a while actually, think I stopped drinking quite a while before I got pregnant cause we were trying and didn't wanna risk anything... so IF I drank anything it was usually during AF so I knew for sure that I wasn't pregnant :haha:
We're not really gonna be having any alcohol in the house at xmas though, cause hubby stopped drinking after xmas last year (totally stopped!) and my in-laws don't really drink very often. And if my BIL is gonna be here he won't be allowed to drink too much considering we have Lucas around!

I hardly drunk b4 I got pregnant , I got all that out my system years ago lol. !
I didn't drink nothing whilst pregnant with cj and won't this time either, ino 1 don't hurt but I'd just rather not drink anything at all.. After all I'm only pregnant for 9 months lol x

Not a big drinker myself either so I don't think I'll be tempted. I'll be the one sober one at my nans house though except for the little kids of course! We have a huge christmas there every year and always have since I was a kid.. now we've all grown up and had our own kids I think this years head count is 18 people for dinner! Its gonna be fun haha so would not want to be the one in charge of the cooking for that many people my word talk about stress!!

Just noticed 21 weeks and baby is a banana! Can actually stop calling her baby now too, after 3 different techs (one being a consultant) we are very confident our princess is a princess and have named her Evie Grace xxx

Ahh lovely loulabump -Evie Grace sounds so pretty <3

I wont be drinking at Christmas at all either probably, I would never drink and drive and feel I may be designated driver for dropping off the in-laws, and although I DO love a tipple when not pregnant, one doesn't do much for me haha xx

Not much of a drinker here, but I had been craving malibu and pineapple juice, hubby purposefully drank all of the bottle we had when we started trying so I couldn't be tempted back then lol, last time I drank was 3-4 days before I got pregnant (it was my 27th birthday :) ). Not going to give into the cravings though I munched on some fresh coconut and it seemed to help but then I got complete aversion to coconut so it's a non-issue now LOL

22 weeks today and I have the start of a sinus cold/infection, can't tell if it's going to give me an ear infection too, I foresee a trip to our dr this week :( Tylenol got rid of the fever I was starting to get, but I feel like I got hit in the face so hard that the tylenol does diddly squat for the migraine. Oh well at least hubby has it too so we can suffer together (pretty sure we caught it at our dentist's office from a patient hacking their lungs up >_<).

I'm not a massive drinker, but I enjoy a bottle of wkd every now and then or a cocktail, but cocktails and malibu and coke are more the type of drink I would drink if we're out, whereas I enjoy the occasional wkd at home (only like once a month, if that!) And ofcourse not when pregnant!
I agree with you Donna, if you're pregnant you don't drink, same goes for driving btw!! not even 1!
When we went bowling with my parents and my brother the other day my dad ordered a beer and my husband said: who's gonna be driving back then? And my dad was like, I can still drive after 1 beer... and both me and hubby were like: Not with our son in the car! (plus I don't think it's legal in the UK!) So I drove back :) Good excuse for me to get to drive anyway :haha: (don't have a car ourselves so any excuse is good for me! I love driving!!!)

I want a BIG glass of sparkling moscato right now. Oh it sounds so delicious!!

Instead, I just have heartburn. :(

Ella I agree, I don't think people should have a drink and drive. Its one thing I truly hate !

Also every1 to their own of course but yeh I wouldn't drink during pregnancy just because if anything happened I'd blame myself even tho ino 1 drink wouldn't hurt . To me 9 months isn't long . And I probally hadn't had a drink for that long b4 I got pregnant anyway. Oh no I'm lying ha , I had a drink on my birthday in january and got pregnant in the june .. So 5 months lol. Drinking doesn't bother me tho. And I prefer spirts to anything , a nice malibu and lemonade or southern comfort and lemonade ha! And noway would I drink anything like that in pregnancy, my cousins girlfriend , drunk vodka and red bull when she was pregnant ! Its not on I don't think. There's a difference having an alcopop or maybe a wine spritzer to a full blown drink!
Obv every1 has different opinions that's just mine x

I would never drink in pregnancy either, even if the risks are low with one once in a while, I just wouldn't do that. I have a friend who reports people to social/child services for drinking whilst pregnant >_< well more of an acquaintance than friend!

My urgh sister-in-law drank whilst she was pregnant, she who claims to know her body inside and out somehow missed the memo on not having af and being 3 months gone with twins before she gave up drinking... and she drinks heavily, the first thing she asked for after they were born was a glass of wine and she wasn't joking :( thankfully the twins are fine, not that we have even seen them yet and they were born in january! Oh families!

I've had white wine in 2 of my pregnancies. Not regularly or anything like that but a couple glasses of moscato. It's all personal choice and how you weigh the risks for your personal comfort.

I also have a glass of red of wine here and there, never more than one in a sitting, and always on a full belly! I did w my dd as well. Heavily drinking, is def a no no, but to each their own!

ive had one glass and that was a spritzer, not something I normally do anyway so no loss to me

I've had a beer a trimester. I make that my rule. As the ladies said I don't drink on an empty stomach and I really take my time and nurse that beer because I know it's the only one I'll have for that three month period. I don't feel that amount would harm the baby but like I said to each their own.

I have a friend who reports people to social/child services for drinking whilst pregnant >_< well more of an acquaintance than friend!

You can't call CPS on an unborn child. Trust me, I wish I could!! I knew someone who was using drugs while pregnant. I had to wait until the baby was born to call.

I don't feel comfortable with drinking while pregnant, but I've decided to have a small glass of wine on Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years. In all honesty I might freak out, take a sip then make DH drink the rest! Haha. My little brother (we are adopted) was born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome so it freaks me out. Now his biological mom was a regular drinker (1-2 drinks a night), so I'm sure it's more to do with the fact she drank consistently during pregnancy.

I sure do miss my wine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->