MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I can't wait to be able to drink again honestly...I have plenty of nights where I think "man it'd be great to unwind with a good beer right now." Of course I haven't drank since I was less than four weeks pregnant lol. Sometimes I take a sip of my hubby's beer and spit it out just to get a taste of some of the good stuff, haha. My birthday is April 19th so I have said I'd like to have a few drinks around then. We were/are very into the craft beer scene so my husband still goes to beer events and tastings and wants me to go but he doesn't understand how much it sucks to sit there around people who are drinking when you can't. Oh well, fourish months to go...doesn't seem that long ;)

My husband brews his own craft beers and is into the whole craft beer scene lmao... Im not much of a beer drinker, but ever since getting pregnant i wish i could try them w him! Haha... He wanted me to go to a craft beer festival next weekend and im like...and what would i do there? Watch u drink?! Lol so his brother is going w him! Silly boy!

I looooooooooooove beer. I love my sparkling wine/champagne because of the bubbles, but I would take a beer over almost anything any day. But a good beer - not like a Budweiser or something. Yuck.

good morning fairies

hope u had a great weekend

I had a half glas of beer this weekend and boy was i wasted ... I dont think im gonna be able to drink again after this pregnancy LOL

Donna when did you become a cantaloupe??? lol/ when did I become a cantaloupe??? lol thought it was still papaya haha.

Don't actually know what size a cantaloupe is heehee :haha::haha::haha:

xx

I have no idea donna I was thinking the same I'm sure we have already been a canteloupe tho haven't we :/ haa. Maybe the tickers playing up.. X

I have a friend who reports people to social/child services for drinking whilst pregnant >_< well more of an acquaintance than friend!

You can't call CPS on an unborn child. Trust me, I wish I could!! I knew someone who was using drugs while pregnant. I had to wait until the baby was born to call.

I don't feel comfortable with drinking while pregnant, but I've decided to have a small glass of wine on Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years. In all honesty I might freak out, take a sip then make DH drink the rest! Haha. My little brother (we are adopted) was born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome so it freaks me out. Now his biological mom was a regular drinker (1-2 drinks a night), so I'm sure it's more to do with the fact she drank consistently during pregnancy.

I sure do miss my wine!!

In Canada you can, I had very bad first trimester hormones and asked my midwife to refer me to something I thought was group counselling at the hospital perinatal unit. On my entrance interview they asked me why I'd come and I said I got so angry at OH that I swung a punch, missed him (of course) and left a scratch in my futile attempt. She called CAS on me and I was only about 6-7 weeks pregnant at the time of the fight. The whole situation was a nightmare but we had a case worker come over to the house and see we were normal lovely people and that I'd just lost it a little bit over hormones and now it's all fine.

I looooooooooooove beer. I love my sparkling wine/champagne because of the bubbles, but I would take a beer over almost anything any day. But a good beer - not like a Budweiser or something. Yuck.

I drank delicious craft beer when I had my two beers. No Budweiser here :haha:

Yea those fruit things are goofed up...some fruits are way larger than others and they are saying they are smaller lol.

I had a fruit ticker with Ryan and I don't remember it being so messed up. Maybe at 20 weeks your a small cantaloupe and at 24 your a big one? :haha:

Oh my word now I am a pomegranate?? I was a banana yesterday :S

JessesGirl29 said:
In Canada you can, I had very bad first trimester hormones and asked my midwife to refer me to something I thought was group counselling at the hospital perinatal unit. On my entrance interview they asked me why I'd come and I said I got so angry at OH that I swung a punch, missed him (of course) and left a scratch in my futile attempt. She called CAS on me and I was only about 6-7 weeks pregnant at the time of the fight. The whole situation was a nightmare but we had a case worker come over to the house and see we were normal lovely people and that I'd just lost it a little bit over hormones and now it's all fine.

I am sorry you had to go through that. I mean you were seeking help. I hate when people are so quick to make the call! I understand that child services help (I work as follow up to CPS), but too often the intrude where they should not, when countless children are actually suffering.

I wish we could call on unborn children. The idea is to get the support in BEFORE a child is in a bad situation, you know? We have prenatal services in our county, but it's completely voluntary.

I haven't got the fruit ticker on here, but I've got one on my phone which now says pomegranate for me. It was 20 wks - banana, 21wks - carrot, 22wks - Papaya - 23wks - pomegranate, 24wks - grapefruit
Funny thing is though, that when you're 23 weeks (my book says) baby is about 27cm which is much bigger than a pomegranate! Ofcourse that's stretched out.
But like you said a cantaloupe is bigger than a papaya (as far as I'm aware) and I doubt baby would be the size of a papaya at 22 weeks even if it's all curled up :haha: Oh well!!

The fruits confuse me!! Hahaha. I know part of it is the difference between measuring head to rump vs head to feet, which happens later in pregnancy. I don't get it now though since baby is officially measured head to toe. So confusing!

I have a friend who reports people to social/child services for drinking whilst pregnant >_< well more of an acquaintance than friend!

You can't call CPS on an unborn child. Trust me, I wish I could!! I knew someone who was using drugs while pregnant. I had to wait until the baby was born to call.

That's what I thought too but she sat there and reported a friend of hers at a convention, the lady was sitting opposite her at the table and she boldly called her contact (she works as a family therapist so not sure what connections she has), I was astonished that she did it too! The lady had literally had a sip of her hubby's drink then spat it out just so she could taste it. I had said surely there's more risk of alcohol getting into her system from mouthwash than the brief moment she had a tiny bit of drink in her mouth.

Now my urgh SIL, IF I had known she was pregnant when she caused a huge rift in hubbys family I would have reported her, she was steaming drunk and slurring her words. watched her post over the next few months going out and getting hammered all whilst claiming she didn't know she was pregnant with twins. Same SIL who knew she was pregnant with her youngest daughter because she was late and hadn't even taken a test before they told the whole family... she drank through that pregnancy a lot too.

Hi girls. I got chads swinging crib today :) and his car seat and sterliser , just need a matress 4 the crib x

Oh my word now I am a pomegranate?? I was a banana yesterday :S

That's really strange. They must have changed the ticker.

ETA - yep, they changed it. I was a papaya yesterday. I actually like this better because you get a new fruit every week instead of being stuck with the same fruit for weeks on end in the later part of pregnancy.

Had my anatomy scan today. It went well!
I'm 21 weeks today and she's measuring 20w5d.
Everything looked normal.
She's about 14 ounces.
I have an anterior placenta but it's not covering the cervix so that's good. Yay!

Attachments

• 3-1-1.png
    3-1-1.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 5.png
    5.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 7.png
    7.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online