MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Yay for all the ladies getting closer to being done work :happydance:

In the back of my mind I know taking care of baby will be harder but I love to think about work being done. :haha:

Donna - sorry about the UTI, you can have downright plagued by them!

I only have a break between semesters ( dec 17th-jan 13th) then i go back to work til i deliver lmao, but i guess ican countdown to my month break right?! Only 3 more saturdays ( since thanksgiving break) and then 8 more tues/thurs classes lol... Ill enjoy christmas. New years, my dds 1st b day....then back to work i go for the homestretch!

Im still in my jeans atm, but thinking in the coming weeks it will change. Im trying to get some longer tops/casual dresses that I can wear with leggings so that when I am further on in the pregnancy I am not wearing tight fitting clothes.

I too am smaller then my OH, plus he doesnt own a coat, just a hoodie and then thats tight on me lol. All I know it, I am desparate need of some new knickers!

Well, I just had my ultrasound today! Baby was constantly moving, giving the tech a run for her money! She seemed surprised by the amount of movement! The VERY first thing she saw when starting was the bottom. She asked if we wanted to know what it was, I knew before she said it, it was a clear picture. We are very happy to join team :blue: !

congrats azure!!!! :blue:

love all the countdowns to freedom! I haven't worked outside the home since I was pregnant with #3 but I remember how excited I was to be done :cloud9:

good morning

i really am blessed with the best ... my boss called me this morning to ask me when I plan on going on maternity leave and i told him at 36weeks and then he said when I come back in Jan from annual leave I must come see him again coz if im uncomfy before I go on maternity leave maybe we can look at working from home on most days ... yay

anyways im super tired i hardly slept ... im so hot and uncomfy at night

Morning girls. Congrtz on team :blue: hun :)

I don't feel well today, tired, ill and a sore throat. I've got my flu jab today aswell. And I'm going to sign 4 my new house as were moving :D !

26 weeks today :D ! 3rd tri next week x

Congrats on team :blue: Azure girl!
And congrats on the new house Donna!!

I'm tired aswell today... Think I went to bed a bit late last night :haha: It was like 1am when I finally went to sleep! Got up at 7am with Lucas and am now half falling asleep on the sofa whilst watching tv.
Need to drink lots now, cause I got my midwife appointment at 10.10 so gotta leave in about 50 minutes! She told me off last night for having pretty concentrated wee.... I'm really not good at drinking a lot though, I just forget and don't usually feel very thirsty.... So I'm just trying to cram in as much juice as I can before I leave so hopefully she won't tell me off :winkwink:

Thanks ella. :) aww yeh I don't drink enough either , which is probz why I'm having a lot of utis I don't feel thirsty a lot tho. Bt I do drink a lot thru the night I keep waking with a dry mouth ..

I've got my flu jab today, and got the midwife in 2 weeks. I'm going to have to swap drs and midwifes wen I move x

Congrats on team blue Azure -and sounds like a lovely bouncy baby in there

Woohoo new house Donna how exciting!! Wish it was us lol -this house is driving me insane -woke up this morning to no heating or hot water again :( And -2 here today.
And I am annoyed cos I told hubby not to touch the radiators or the heating system but does he listen NO -Now he is getting all stressed and huffy about it , and I am within my rights to say TOLD YOU SO!!! GGGrrrrrrrrrrr but then that is just mean, and I know he is working really hard to fix it and make it as beautiful as possible but I need heat!!!!! And we cannot afford a new heating system- he says last night 'looks like we 'll need to go pickup a new boiler babe' As if they are cheap !!! and then it is the fitting that will cost even more as we need a Gas Safe Engineer. And we still have Christmas to get through :'( Why does he just not listen!!!!! I suggested not replacing all the walls and ceiling and floor but no he insisted it would be easy enough and be better in the long run (here we are almost a week later and still not finished or even nearly) ; advised him not to change the radiator but again he laughed and said it would be easy (I mean we do have google and youtube!!!! lol silly me :winkwink::wacko:)

Men!!!! Pah!!!!

Donna, can't you make use of that government scheme thingy for getting a new boiler?? Not sure who qualifies for it to be honest!

I just got back from the MW, everything all good, bp good, weight good, belly measured 25cm :thumbup: Gotta have the GTT done though on the 12th of Dec. And then got a mw appointment after that - she said with any luck we'll have the results straight away at the appointment!

good to hear Ella ...

Donna that sucks my DH also never listens to me ... we also have added expenses now and we havent even started on Christmas shopping

You need to earn less than 16k or be on benefits to get the free boiler Ella -I just looked into it lol - I thought even if they were doing a money back scrappage scheme but nothing at the moment apart from the above :(

Oh well! New boiler for my eldest son's Christmas lol -'know you wanted a PS4 son but saw this boiler and thought you'd LOVE it ' lmao ;)

xx

Wannabubba that is terrible to have no heat and have it be so cold! what a nightmare. Our landlord wants us to buy the townhouse that we're in right. Now expect that it's a hot mess and I wouldn't touch it with a 20' pole. I have to write an email back to him that makes 'f*ck no' sound polite. To make it even better, it's my OH's Moms boyfriend. That's why we've sat here for a year with no flooring upstairs and no help with stuff (we are now installing the wood flooring just to have floors in the baby's room) again, no help. We don't own and that shouldn't be the way. Buy it from you??? :growlmad:

Off to the midwife this morning, feel like I'm getting huge and really want to know her opinion.

Donna - glad everything went well at your appointment.

I had the day off work and OH got out of work at 8am. My 8 year old was at school so we took the 18 month old out to breakfast. It's such a smoother outing without the older one there lol. She's a total snot anymore so it was nice to enjoy a meal out without the whining (you'd think the toddler would whine more!)

Then we ventured off to the thrift store and I found some lift-the-flap books for the toddler. I think I'm going to save them for Christmas gifts though, as much as I want to see her enjoy them now. We also got her 2 Sesame Street coloring books because she's obsessed with Sesame Street. I figure I'll give her one now and save one for Christmas.

Then I also picked up the book "The Night Before Christmas" and think I want to start a tradition of reading it with my kids on Christmas Eve night by the tree with hot chocolate :) And finally, inspired by Pinterest, I snagged the book "The Night You Were Born" to take to the hospital (when we have this baby #3) and have maybe her footprints put on the front inside cover and then have any hospital guests sign the book for her. I was so happy when I saw it on the shelf. It was $3.99 which is more than I like to spend on books at the thrift shop but it's cheaper than if I'd bought it new so still a bargain!

We're home, toddler & OH are napping and then at 2:30 I have an appointment to get my hair cut. Tomorrow morning is my next OB appointment. So excited to see how much weight I've gained and hopefully measure my fundal height.

wannabubba-You are so fortunate in terms of maternity leave. I am a nurse in the US, and must remain a full time employee in order to keep my health insurance. I can not start maternity leave any earlier than a week in advance of a scheduled c section and am pretty much expected to work until I go into labor if I try for a VBAC.
From delivery, I get up to 12 weeks time off work without losing my job--6 weeks paid for VBAC and 8 weeks paid for C section. It is nowhere near humane. :(

Do any of you know how dangerous caffeine consumption in pregnancy? I love coffee and espresso and have been having a cup of hot brew or a shot of espresso nearly daily. Any danger of preterm labor?

wannabubba-You are so fortunate in terms of maternity leave. I am a nurse in the US, and must remain a full time employee in order to keep my health insurance. I can not start maternity leave any earlier than a week in advance of a scheduled c section and am pretty much expected to work until I go into labor if I try for a VBAC.
From delivery, I get up to 12 weeks time off work without losing my job--6 weeks paid for VBAC and 8 weeks paid for C section. It is nowhere near humane. :(

____Wow, and I thought I had it bad in Italy. You poor woman!!!!

I think there's a risk of premature birth and light birthweight if you drink too much caffeine... Not sure though!

I was cross stitching earlier and accidentally snapped the eye of the needle so now I can't do any more because the needles I've got are too big so I need to wait until I get a chance to go to the shop to get some new ones!
I'm bored now... feeling tired aswell! I'm just laying on the sofa watching traffic cops :haha: I've really got into watching that, not sure why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->