MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

wannabubba-You are so fortunate in terms of maternity leave. I am a nurse in the US, and must remain a full time employee in order to keep my health insurance. I can not start maternity leave any earlier than a week in advance of a scheduled c section and am pretty much expected to work until I go into labor if I try for a VBAC.
From delivery, I get up to 12 weeks time off work without losing my job--6 weeks paid for VBAC and 8 weeks paid for C section. It is nowhere near humane. :(

This is harsh! It is such physically demanding and stressful work, I cannot imagine having to work until I give birth. I only work part time and am finding the work so hard just now as it is. :hugs::hugs:

Do any of you know how dangerous caffeine consumption in pregnancy? I love coffee and espresso and have been having a cup of hot brew or a shot of espresso nearly daily. Any danger of preterm labor?

Last pregnancy literally all I drank was soda (Pepsi) and didn't have preterm labor nor was she born at a low birthweight.

Good morning ladies

hope everyone is well ... its my V-day today ... yay so happy another milestone

Morning girls. I've got a busy weekend. Gotta pack my whole house ready2 move 2moz! Stressed! X

Have a lovely weekend x

Blessed woohoo for V day - a milestone I was so pleased to pass too, I am counting down literally days now to third tri and the home straight yeehah!!!!!

Donna -hope your move goes smoothly. Are you moving far?, will it be a bigger house? Do you need to change midwives / hospital etc? Exciting!!! I have stayed in the same house for 16 years lol (bar 6 months when I moved out due to my first marriage breaking up and ex being a dick and refusing to leave -but that is another story lol) , kind of wish at times we could move somewhere lol but then we got this one for a steal at the time, and only have 5 years left on out mortgage, so moving would mean a bigger mortgage and possibly relocating schools and getting new neighbours etc so maybe better off where we are. It is SO exciting moving though, I am a bit jealous of that :D

xx

Moving can be exciting but it's also nice to stay in one place for a while! With hubby in the army we've had to move every 2 years. In 2008 I moved from Holland to the UK, then in 2009 moved from Portsmouth to Canterbury, then 2010 moved Woolwich (London) and then moved from there to our current house (in west sussex) this year. And we're looking at moving again in about 1.5/2 years because this is 'temporary housing'..... :dohh: Would be nice to finally be able to have a house where we can stay as long as we want!

If you've almost paid off your mortgage surely you'd be able to sell the house for a good price and only need a small mortgage on a new place? Because whatever you get for this house will be yours - minus whatever is left to pay on the mortgage?? Right?? Or am I being silly - never bought a house before and not sure how it works exactly.

Waiting4damon - reading that makes me tear up, I think the American healthcare system is so inhumane. I've never been so happy to live in Canada.
:hugs:

Blessed - happy vday! I can't believe we're nearing third trimester. Seems like we just got here.

Donna - hope you have a smooth move with lots of help.

I drink an espresso or coffee every morning, lots of water during the day and one in the afternoon only if it's a really bad day. I'd love to be a perfect pregnancy woman but working full time has drained me and I need that caffiene fix daily to get going in the morning....:coffee:

Moving can be exciting but it's also nice to stay in one place for a while! With hubby in the army we've had to move every 2 years. In 2008 I moved from Holland to the UK, then in 2009 moved from Portsmouth to Canterbury, then 2010 moved Woolwich (London) and then moved from there to our current house (in west sussex) this year. And we're looking at moving again in about 1.5/2 years because this is 'temporary housing'..... :dohh: Would be nice to finally be able to have a house where we can stay as long as we want!

If you've almost paid off your mortgage surely you'd be able to sell the house for a good price and only need a small mortgage on a new place? Because whatever you get for this house will be yours - minus whatever is left to pay on the mortgage?? Right?? Or am I being silly - never bought a house before and not sure how it works exactly.

yeah could do Ella but the prospect of being mortgage free in 5 years is SO appealing and I could not afford anything bigger -we would make a little on the house but not enough to go up to 5bedroom so would be in the same position as now but with the whole house to personalise lol :wacko::wacko: and I love my neighbours (well most of them, there is always one right? haha -and even that one doesn't cause me any complaints of anything, just not the happiest person on the planet lol :haha::haha:) xx

Sorry I've been quiet, hubby and I went to my ob appt on wednesday, I got told off for my weight gain spike, I had been averaging gaining 4lbs a month between appts and she was not happy with this months being 7lbs... it's all that halloween candy that was sitting here as we had non show up and I couldn't let it just sit there lol, added to the last week and a half of being sick with a bad sinus cold so spent most days laying in bed feeling sorry for myself. She has scheduled my fasting 2hr glucose tolerance test for the 11th of Dec so that it's a week before my next appt and told me to exercise more and watch my portion control... I really don't think I eat huge portions though, hubby even said to her that I don't finish half of what I serve myself anyway. My boobs have ballooned recently too, but most say I don't look 5 1/2-6 months pregnant :/

We did have a great maternity unit tour though, it turned out that the lady who runs the classes went to high school with hubby and she runs the classes and tours at the hospital. We loved the tour and learnt so much more from that than the little bits our OB tells us. It was nice having the tour to just us too so we got to ask away and not be embarrassed for asking silly questions in front of a big group lol. I almost cried when hubby swooned over the newborns in the nursery (there was one baby that was just an hour or so old and was so freaking cute!), just amazing to see him so excited :) They also pre-registered us and I have a lovely little slip of paper with my medical info and barcode on it that I now have to take everywhere with me incase I go into labour early, it's made this all seem so much faster now too, I didn't expect to be registering before january!

Oh and I will happily lynch our mailman, he threw my breast pump over the drop wall that's on our side of the apt building at our front door, it's a good thing that it was well packed and that it seems to all be working. it's not a far walk around the wall, he wasn't our usual mail carrier either, just makes me grr but yay for covered pump by our insurance being here, another thing checked off the list!

I love coffee in the morning! In Italy I would always ask for an expresso with about a cup of steamed milk. Now that I'm here in the states...every morning I have a cup of milk with just a few spots of freshly brewed coffee from the good ol' American coffee pot. So, I don't think coffee can do any more harm in small quantities. No more than two cups per day is what my doctor has advised.
:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

I drink iced lattes prob about 2xs a day lol... Caffine never affected my daughter or her birth weight..

Morning girls, I cud cry I'm so tired. My son had my up most the night :( I've had aboutr 3 hours sleeep.

I'm all moved now but still loads 2 do. .

Never again so strsed.
Donna no its not a bigger house , stil a 2 bedroom. But my old house didn't have a bath only a walk in shower and the neighbours werew so loud . This is closer to oh family to. Haven't moved far. 10 mins maybe x hope ur all ok x loads to do 2day x

Congrtz on v day disney x

Congrats Disney woohoo - next stop third tri (and double digits sooner lol)

Donna glad the move went well, enjoy the new home and hope you catch up on sleep tonight or today :)

I was in SO much pain last night with my SPD - OMG !! Don't think I done anything in particular to exacerbate it but I could not move without crying out / wincing it was from my symphus pubis right around my right hip to my back and shooting pains down my right leg. I honestly cried :'(

Codeine and a heated wheat pack and bed seemed to do the trick though, feel okay today and even managed some unbroken sleep (codeine knock me right out lol, I could not take them during the day I would be a zombie haha)

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday xxx

Aww glad ur feeling better now donna.. I've got a load to do and gotta go to the shops.. Need a new sofa 2moz as mine wouldn't fit threw the door! Not happy x

I went to give my LO a bath earlier, I had taken his potty upstairs to the bathroom so we could see if maybe he'd try something on it whilst the bath was filling up. I had taken his clothes and nappy off and went to get him some clean clothes whilst he was still in the bathroom (not in the bath though!) He was standing on his potty so he could see the bath filling up.... when I came back into the bathroom he was sitting on the potty and was doing a wee!!! :happydance: I'm sooooo proud!!! It's the first time he's done anything on the potty and we really wanted him to do something at least once so he would really understand WHAT exactly we wanted from him! So I made a big deal out of it, telling him he did really well and that I'm so proud of him!! And he helped me tip it out in the toilet! Hopefully he'll start using it more now! And hopefully that means we CAN get him potty trained before his little brother comes so we'll only have 1 in nappies!!
Any tips??? I'm gonna make him a little chart that he can put stickers on everytime he does something on the potty, but I'm not sure how to move on now from just doing it once to using it more often!

Ahw Donna! I hope you can get some more sleep today or tonight. Take it easy! The house isn't going anywhere, you've got time to get it all sorted out. Then again, I kinda liked having everything done so quickly when we moved so 2 days later we were all sorted!

I had a crap sleep too due to my spd - every time I tried to turn it killed :-(

Had a busy day sorting baby clothes for charity shop and washing bits to keep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"