MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

No birth plans here! You are not alone! I am just focusing on staying warm, 6 °F here currently, that is -14.5 °C for all of you UK folk. Brrr... :cold: maybe it will warm up and snow, we keep getting small dustings of snow, I think it is too cold to get a good few inches.

1 hour til my scan.. very nervous, hope all is well xx

Aww enjoy ur scan hun :) all will be fine x

My backs a bit better today4 now lol. I slept with a pillow between my legs for the best part of the night x
Feel sick today tho x

brrr that sound very cold I dont ever think we experienced more then -2 degree weather ...

good luck with your scan

Donna im glad u feeling better

I havent noticed any new stretch marks still have my old ones though LOL

Loulabump -hope your scan goes well -enjoy seeing your lil bubba <3

Donna glad your back is better, feel your pain with he sickness, I have 2 sick boys already and I am feeling really nauseous this morning, hubby is at work feeling sick too - great!! nice weekend ahead for all of us NOT!

I have loads of stretch marks, none from this time yet though -don't think my stretch marks can stretch anymore lol.
No birth plan written here yet either - I want as little intervention as possible, want the midwives to be as un-intrusive as they can be, want to deliver at home with birthing pool, hubby with me as birthing partner, no VE's unless I particularly request at the time, entenox for pain relief, dull lighting, soft music, no chord cutting until has finished pulsating, will accept injection to help with blood loss or delivery of placenta if required, baby can have IM Vit K, no episiotomy -small tears heal easier and quicker in my experience, I plan on delivering on all fours and I want to lift my baby up onto my chest, or hubby if I am too zoned out or out of it lol - I want me or hubby to check sex of the baby and under no circumstances are the midwives to say what gender baby is before we can get a chance to see. Cannot think of anything else a the moment lol - oh yeah plan to breastfeed as soon as possible after delivery, baby to be left with me for skin to skin - weights etc can all wait <3

xx

I'm petrified of giivng birth again!

I was inducded 10 days over with my son! Had the pessary around 11am it worked quickly & it was took out around 4pm I was around 3 cm wen they took me to delievery at around 9pm that night . They broke my waters at 12am on the monday morning , I had said I might want an epidural as I was so scared the midwife told me I'd be best getting one straight away so I did and regretted it . It was fab wen it worked but it fell out and had to be re done . It slowed mt labour down and stopped working. And now I get the back ache ever from it . I really hope I can cope without once this time . I was pushing 4 about 2 hours wen they finally cut me and he was born in a few pushes. It was sore after tho and my stitches fell out the next day so I was all open and sore :( I hemoraed and needed 3 blood transfuisions . Was badly enemic and generally not well. I just hope its easier . I would like a water birth, and I will let baby have vit k injection, and I don't mind being cut if it means baby comes quickly and safetly altho I would like not be cut , I wil have the injection to deliever placenta . And I don't no anything about delayed cord cutting , my oh had my son for a good while after I had him as I was so tired . X

I used bio-oil twice a day with my first pregnancy and it did absolutely nothing! My belly is full with stretchmarks!! This time though I haven't used anything and I haven't gotten any new stretchmarks (yet) - was a bit worried about how my belly would look once I'd had 2 kids both with stretchmarks :haha: Fingers crossed I don't get any new ones at all!

I didn't use nothing with my 1st didn't get one stretch mark til 29/30 weeks and then got loads. They've faded so much tho I haven't got any new 1s yet . Hoping I don't .. My bellys alredi vile lol x its not the stretch marks that bother me tho its the saggy jelly belly ha x

Donna second labours are MUCH easier (generally)
My first really put me off, surprised I had any more kiddies really , long back to back labour, over 24 hours, hallucinating from pethidine, screaming and crying throughout, have never been so scared or in so much pain ever - pushed for ever, episiotomy to deliver her and then was so sore for days afterwards. I felt like I had gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson - my episiotomy scar was sutured too tightly, the stitches dug into my skin and caused swelling and bleeding Euuurgh!! Horrible experience, I had ragged membranes and bled for ages afterwards and passed huge clots. I was in hospital for 3days on strong painkillers that sent me loopy lol , and affected my milk supply :(

Second baby 8 hrs from onset at home, arrived at hospital already established labour and about 9 cm dilated at about 3:30am - baby was born after a couple of pushes at the back of 5am (was left an hour to see if my waters would go them self which they never so they broke them and he was born instantly lol)Gas and air only, No tear or cut, up about and ready to go home before lunch. Third was even better lol ;)

Please don't be scared, positive mental attitude -your body has done it once before, this time will be a breeze xxxx

Aww gosh u had a hard time with ur 1st as well then, thanks4 ur experience hoping it will be easier this time round
I'm trying to be positbe lol. But its hard lol x

See, I had a great labour last time, so I'm now worried that was my luck done with any this time will go wrong...

Trying not to panic too much about the labour, gotta get through it somehow so keep positive!

Our girl is doing perfectly, both kidneys are a normal size, right is still cystic but left is still fine, plenty of fluid and growth is good. Got some measurements to compare, according to averages I can find online shes weighing in about the size of a baby at 26 weeks which somehow makes me feel better!

FL- 42.8mm
HC- 227.8mm
AC- 209.7mm

Estimated weight 761 grams or google converted it to 1.67 pounds :) xxx

I'm hoping mine will be a lot better! It took forever!!! Started contractions and losing my plug and Lucas wasn't born until 82 hours later - after 2.5 hrs of pushing, a drip to start my contractions up again as they slowed down and them considering 'helping' me.... 2nd degree tear, grazes and stitches!
Just be happy if it didn't take so bloody long this time! Especially the pushing stage, but the pre-labour aswell!!

I had contractions for just over 16 hours. But they counted labour as 9 hours 45 minutes and was pushing for 34 minutes. Waters didn't go until 10 minutes or so before she was born! I'm praying for as much luck this time

I'm scared of actuli going into labour lol. I was inducded with my son so I new it was coming lol x

Don't worry it starts slow.... I remember when I got my first contractions I was like: uhm... pretty sure that was a contraction and they kept coming.... Told my husband who was at work that I was having contractions but told him not to worry and just stay put at work cause it would take forever still.... and it did :haha: Though I didn't anticipate it being THAT long!!

My mother told me her water broke w me in the house but they had no groceries so she went grocery shopping during contractions and just stopped walking until they passed lmao shes crazy!

Have any of you started a nursery yet?

I am suddenly dying to at least set up the crib; but that would require having already purchased one! :)

27 WEEKS as of tonight at midnight! Every week feels like such an accomplishment since I spend 36 hours a week on my feet as a nurse! My job is kicking my ass royally.

I really need to set up my maternity leave which I plan to start at 39 weeks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->