MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I just watched "what to expect when you're expecting" made me cry twice!
Anyone else seen it?

Oh man I hate to complain so early, but it's sooooo tough to get comfortable to get to sleep now! Anyone have any good tips? :) how is everyone holding up? We're getting to the home stretch!

sorry to hear all the drama blessedbaby :(

donna- yay for 30 wks!!!!!

happyhome- looooove that movie :D

Little bubs being very quiet, not feeling much movement at all :( Anyway went in to see midwife at the hospital for CTG monitoring and heart beat was fine and there was much more movement being picked up than I am feeling. Had me on a trace for 30mins and bubs seems totally healthy, although midwife was kind of freaking me out -she asked me 3 times if I was having another scan -because my placenta is anterior; and because baby is measuring smaller than dates (but = my dates and I told her this) and again when she asked what weight my last baby was and charted this little one as 10% (last one was 75%) - No I don't have another scan date, feel free to offer me one though lol. She also told me that they may not be happy with me having a homebirth if my baby continues to be small (1cm less on fundal height I must add ) and if I continue to have reduced fetal movements :( She is just one of those totally anti homebirth midwifes I think. Have my next appointment in 10 days -she says under other circumstances she would just have me cancel having been seen today but recommends I still go due to reduced movements and she wants my fundal height rechecked. I am measuring 29cm at 29 weeks by my dates, and 30weeks by scan dates -I was always told to not worry unless it was greater or less by more than 2cm - think she was just trying to freak me out -hope she is not on shift when I go into labour :( Dragon lady :(

Also told me that if I go over their dates they can refuse to give me medical care if I refuse induction - I never even mentioned that I wanted expectant management in this case but that is bollocks they cannot refuse me care in UK at least. I never bothered arguing at this point but so hope I don't have to deal with her again if I am overdue xxx

xxx

Aww babys being a lazy bum :) I went to the hospital when chad wasn't moving much and he started kicking away, but I wasn't feel much ,
And as for u measuring small what the hell I've always been told 2cms either was nothing to worry about .. Its not like ur below the bottom centile surely , ! I'm 2 weeks ahead, they aint said nothing , and like u said ur right by ur dates. And as refusing u care she's an idiot!
I think she was on one x

baby is on the 10 percentile line whereas my last born was on the 75th percentile line ,if I was on a standard fundal height measuring chart they would not be concerned but because I have a modified chart taking all my previous pregnancies into account it makes this one look small, but then he was my biggest baby and was 14 days late - so expected to be bigger surely??

But even then, surely measuring 29 weeks at 30 weeks is normal -maybe their chart is wrong??

xxx

Aww yeh I see what u mean,
But yeh I can't see why measuring 1 week behind is cause for any concern :/ but obv I'm not a midwife..

Maybe she's just being over catious, but they could give u a scan maybe ask ur midwife wen u see her..
Say the midwife has worried u now.

I'd presume this baby would be bigger but obv not always the cause.

My son was 9lb 5oz and was on the 91st or 95th centile I can't quite remember , I'm meausring excali the same way as I did with him I'm expecting anuva big baby x

When is every1 starting their hospital bags? I had started mine by now with my 1st I think.. But I haven't even got the things for it yet lol. I'm gna to buy them soon x

My 30 week bump & some dummies I brough4 chad :)
My little boy had the same but they were dark blue then.
I only give them dummy for bed but they look so cute with thm lol x

Attachments

• IMG-20131220-01170.jpg
    IMG-20131220-01170.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20131220-01174.jpg
    IMG-20131220-01174.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
That midwife sounds like a wench.....:nope:
1cm is nothing to worry about and worrying a mother is worse than anything... Why would she do that? I say try yo forget all about that little episode and just go to your scheduled appointment and hope for a less whack job midwife....

I'm struggling so much with having 0 libido....my OH went for a go this morning and I just feel like I've become A-sexual. It feels like a chore and it's uncomfortable. I guess he could sense that and was unable to finish and then I burst in to tears and a still feeling very emotional now. I want him to be happy and fulfilled but I haven't even had an orgasm in months by him or me because I just don't Feel It. :cry: I feel like such a bad partner and that our sex life is going to become extinct.

Aww hope ur ok hun, I don't feel like sex half the time either and I just do it to please him. Don't worry hun, a lot of women go of sex during pregnancy, I'm sure ur sex drive will return x

Donna- sorry for all the worry with the midwife :( hope you get a scan from it anyways

Donna r- your bump is so cute! and what cute dummies. all but one of mine have used them. he just never liked them. they are so cute when they use them :) I have some for this LO just in case she likes them. I have my bag almost completely packed. I think we need a lot less here though. I just have to do some last minute items like my mp3, phone charger, and maybe some pj's/something to wear home.

reduced movements are so worrying! I am still on ctg monitoring nearly every second day because i've stopped being able to feel them at all.
Bag almost packed except for last minute items (charger, hairbrush etc) will also pick up travel size hair shampoo/cond, soap, toothpaste and brush. Need mat pads as well.

I think I should start to pack mine haa! I haven't even got a suitable bag , need to get one ! X

Hi ladies!

So annoyed, its been a month now since moving to a new area and our old midwife said she would transfer us here thats still not happened and with being high risk and meant to have glucose test and two growth scans which have still yet to be booked wondering where we go from here and worse than that in case of emergency who do I contacted as no longer have midwife/consultant or anything?

Xx

I've moved home as well but I've left my doctors the same til after babies born because I new it would takes ages getting a new midwife etc! X maybe ring ur old midwife and ask her to chase it up x

I've moved home as well but I've left my doctors the same til after babies born because I new it would takes ages getting a new midwife etc! X maybe ring ur old midwife and ask her to chase it up x

Would have kept same Dr but nearlly 2 hours away from our old area xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->