MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Go to your gp and get them to refer you to a new midwife. Or you could ring the hospital and tell them you're supposed to have a glucose test and growth scans and tell them you recently moved and you don't have a new midwife yet. I'm sure they will be able to help you out! Took me ages to get my 20 wk scan booked when I moved.....(i also moved about 2 hrs away)
good luck!

I haven't done my hospital bag yet either, I'm waiting till the new year to start doing stuff in the nursery and washing baby clothes so I'll probably pack my bag then aswell, as I'll need to wash the clothes before I can put them in the bag ofcourse. Doubt I'll need my hospital bag before march anyway! But always good to have it ready or partially packed at least.

I haven't begun packing my bag, let alone thinking about packing it. Haven't picked out a "going home" outfit for the baby. Haven't purchased a thing actually. Granted, we have a lot from my 19 month old but there's still a lot we need to get/do. Have TONS of clothes that need treated and washed from my toddler when she was a baby. I sent them off to my mom's house since it would cost me $4/load at my apartment complex. She's a procrastinator so no idea when she'll get around to it. A friend bought the baby monitor off my registry and we received that already but that's nothing really. I still have to contact my insurance company to see if I can get a breast pump from them. Have to paint the baby's dresser.

I figure I'll wait until after my baby shower (Feb 1) and tax returns (mid-February) before I start buying anything. Probably won't pack our bags until 36 weeks. Unless she decides to come very early, there's still plenty of time.

I ordered loads of stuff for baby that was needed tonight! Feel like i get a little bit more crossed off my list everyday! Got nipples, bedding set, curtains, bedroom crib furniture set, diapers, wipes, bibs, boppy cover, baby lotion, butt paste, white onesies, paci's, bath towels, changing pad cover, mattress pad...very grateful i have so much left from our first dd! I have yet to paint and set up her furniture and decorate, already have a diaper bag i never used from dd, have all pack n play, swing, bath tub, boppy, bottles, left from her... I plan on getting everything done after dd's 1st b day on jan 4th! Omg this is coming soooo fast!

Hello Ladies!

wavescrash, I haven't packed my bag either . I did buy one going home outfit for the baby. I just haven't felt like doing much lately-it's horrible but I think the lack of sleep contributes.

SarandrewBean: Sorry to hear about your troubles, must be awful! Hopefully you find somebody soon, but perhaps you should contact a midwife in your area and explain the situation.

Pregnancy Blues for me
As for me, I'm doing well physically but emotionally having problems with the husband. He has been here in California for a week now after being apart for 50 days and I feel him more distant than before. He's trying to do some investments here in town and says I've been so out of it-so involved with being"Pregnant" and not wanting to help/give advice but ladies, I've been so tired lately--fuzzy memory and pains everywhere, that at times I don't have energy to deal with decisions. Men just cannot understand what we are growing through. :nope:

So we argued before going to sleep---he is now :sleep: and I am wide awake. Men have an ability to vent and then easily fall asleep!!!!!!:xmas18::xmas18:

Hi everyone, I feel like it has been months since I have been on here! It's been a crazy pregnancy so far for me. Working nights and taking care of my 4 year old dd has not given me much time at all. Anyway, I am getting to the point where I can't sleep for more then 45 min without bladder waking me up, boo!!

Oh and I ended up finding out, I'm having a little boy! Can't wait!
Hope all is well with you ladies and Merry Christmas / happy holidays!!!

Morning girls, hope ur all ok x hope ur ok banvani

I've got quite a bit left over from my son aswell..
Altho I need to buy him some new clothes of his own. .
Matresses 4 crib and moses basket, bedding, bottles, I had a swing bt threw it out so want a new one , and a new bouncer the one I've got its pretty step and don't look suitable for a newborn to me ,
I need nappies also
I have started on wipes, and he has loads of creams,washes etc.
I've got 3 sterlisers, I'm going to give one away to some1 in need or maybe charity ,
I've not got a baby bath, I did have a bath & changing station but I've gave that my cousin , I prefer using the big bath.. X

I thought I was dying last night I was so ill. I lay in bed cudnt sleep, got some paractomol 4 my headache got bk in bed and threw up :( my belly was rock solid I fort I was gna go into labour x feel ok today just tired x

I need to find a going home outfit also ... I have so many ideas, but I just don't want to spend $50 on an outfit. It just seems crazy for me. But this could very well be my only one so I want to make sure that I go all out and do everything I want to do and have the memories for the shadow boxes and things.

I took the last week of January off from my p/t job so I can just sit and do nothing but clean the house from top to bottom so all my spring cleaning is done and I won't have to worry about it after she is here, get the nursery all cleaned and ready - just dusting, all the clothes cleaned, bedding washed, room made for stuff from the shower that is Feb 1, etc.

We have to get the TV wall mounted in the nursery still, and then the changing table moved to where the old tube TV is, then the canvas paintings put up on the wall and a few other things - then that's about it. Phew. I can't wait till it's all done!

Ohhhh I do need to get a cherry wood toy box - my friend who has 5 kids is giving me ALL her newborn-1yr toys because she cleaned out 15 39-gallon bags of toys over the last couple days. lol So she's already going to have more toys than I will ever need, but I have no where to put them!!

You definitely don't wanna spend too much on an outfit J-Lynn, she's not gonna fit in it for very long and imagine buying an outfit for coming home and she's too big or too small to be able to wear it??
I buy all my baby clothes in the cheaper shops, cause they're just as good and there is NO point at all in spending lots of money for something they're gonna wear for only 3 months (or less!)

I've still gotta get a few bits and pieces. We've got everything from my son still, so all we need is the things that you can't save, like nappies, dummies (my son chewed all of his to pieces when he got his molars - great way of getting him off it though!! :haha:) and ofcourse all the bits you need for labour, like maternity pads etc. - I've even still got 1 pack of breastpads :haha:

AllisMommy; CONGRATS! TEAM BLUE--me too :)

UPDATE: Pregnancy blues

So, the only positive that came about from my argument last night was, I stayed awake and felt my baby move SO much. While Hubby snoozed away, baby was kicking and turning and doing the Christmas Rock in my belly. I guess when I'm sleeping I don't realize how active he is at night. So comforting:blush: especially since he sleeps so much during the day--scares me at times.

LAdies have a wonderful Christmas and I hope that at least for the holidays, we are all in great spirits! Peace to you all and May your husbands/partners be extra understanding this Christmas!

Merry Xmas Eve :)

Hope u all have a lovely xmas! I'm going to be cleaning my house today!! And popping to the shops 4 some last bits..

I keep getting sharp pains in my belly and vagina last nite and this morning , x

YAY!! Xmas eve is here!!!

I'm like a big kid, all excited about xmas!! I can't wait to see my little boy unwrap his presents tomorrow!! Last year he kept saying: wow!! He talks a lot more now though so it'll be even more fun now!! He keeps saying: happy christmas!! at the moment cause he's been hearing people say it on cbeebies! :haha:

I'm also getting a few little bits from the shop still today Donna! I made more cookies yesterday but I need some decorations for them as we ran out! Not buying anymore presents though! (or any other food)
Gonna be making some cakes today aswell!

I'm really wanting some brie at xmas (probably boxing day) on crackers, but I'm kinda paranoid about the risks.... I keep thinking I'll be fine - lots of people eat it if it's pasteurized and someone said to me: when's the last time you heard of someone getting listeriosis.... So I thought, I'm sure I'll be fine.... But then read that you're more at risk in the 3rd trimester (not sure why) and what the risks are exactly so now I'm not so sure..... hmpf!! :shrug:

Aww yeh we've finished presents, I've done food shopping I just need odds and ends like bread and stuff..

Aww I'm so excited to my little boy open his, he doesn't really understand still. But its lovely watching them. Mad to think this time next year ill have 2 babies. For xmas X I'm sure ud be fine having some , I'm the same tho I'm a worrier lol x
YAY!! Xmas eve is here!!!

I'm like a big kid, all excited about xmas!! I can't wait to see my little boy unwrap his presents tomorrow!! Last year he kept saying: wow!! He talks a lot more now though so it'll be even more fun now!! He keeps saying: happy christmas!! at the moment cause he's been hearing people say it on cbeebies! :haha:

I'm also getting a few little bits from the shop still today Donna! I made more cookies yesterday but I need some decorations for them as we ran out! Not buying anymore presents though! (or any other food)
Gonna be making some cakes today aswell!

I'm really wanting some brie at xmas (probably boxing day) on crackers, but I'm kinda paranoid about the risks.... I keep thinking I'll be fine - lots of people eat it if it's pasteurized and someone said to me: when's the last time you heard of someone getting listeriosis.... So I thought, I'm sure I'll be fine.... But then read that you're more at risk in the 3rd trimester (not sure why) and what the risks are exactly so now I'm not so sure..... hmpf!! :shrug:

Merry Xmas Eve from me too :D
Wow this month has gone quick!!!

I am so excited, even more so than the bigger kids I think lol, but not the little one , he is SO excited lol -cannot wait to see his wee face tomorrow; and hope my eldest son is not too disappointed there is no PS4 waiting for him.

I bought pate yday for hubby and anyone else that fancies it and I LOVE pate, keep thinking maybe one little bit wont do me any harm...but then imagine it did lol - I suppose I will just go without haha. Think I would give Brie a miss too, if I am honest, although I do LOVE that too, lol will just buy some Brie and pate in for March haha. Am having a Baileys and ice on xmas night though ;)

Ladies all have a super wonderful Xmas and enjoy seeing your little ones open their presents xxx

Aww , I was shopping with my oh yday and he got some jacques for him self and a few other drinks 4 ova xmas and here's me with the pop lol..

I love baileys on ice ! We've got his mom a bottle 4 xmas,

I won't drink though, ino one doesn't hurt , but I didn't drink with my son & won't this time , I'm to much of a worrier and if feel guilty 4 ages lol.

Hope u enjoy xmas hun, and I'm sure he won't be disapointed ! :)

X

Yeah think I'm gonna give the brie a miss :( Bummer, but worth it!!
I'll just get the brie (and also pate!!) in for March like you Donna!!
It's so mean, everytime I open the fridge it's there - looking at me, saying: eat me, please eat me!!! :haha:
I know I'd never forgive myself if something happened - even if it wasn't anything to do with me eating brie or pate or anything like that, I just know I'd be wondering if that was what caused it and blame myself!
Same reason why I never used to drink alcohol whilst we were ttc, just in case I was pregnant and didn't know (yet), the only time I'd drink was when I was on my period, occasionally. So I won't be having any alcoholic drinks at xmas either!

If we have another baby I'm gonna make sure I'm not pregnant at xmas :haha: :winkwink:

I've been pregnant for xmas, new years and my birthday which is in 3 weeks, with both pregnancys lol! I won't be having anymore lol. X

Merry Christmas Eve lovely ladies. I'm heading in to work but have Christmas and Boxing Day off. I also work with seniors so working Christmas Eve is nice so you can spend time with the people who don't have family visits.

I had a single bottle of Guinness last night as my singular holiday drink and savoured every mouthful (after a huge meal and two giant glasses of water before and after). I think I can make it to the finish line now! :winkwink:
I did have to pass up on smoked salmon which is a holiday favourite of mine but that's okay....it's just one Christmas.

We've kept Christmas so low key this year and it makes me feel great bc our focus has shifted from gifts to cards with meaningful messages, and making sure to arrange and get to every single event with family and friends.

I can't believe next year will be my first Christmas with my baby :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->