MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Hope u enjoy spending time with ur parents ella x

I will :) I don't see them very often, as they don't live in England. So I only see them about twice a year. So it's nice to have them over when they do come over (and we can't afford to go over to theirs at the moment.... )

Aww will be lovely to spend time with them.. Yeh I can imagine , I can just about afford to live .. ! X

No big new years plans here this year! Hubby and i are going to do exactly what we did last year since i was pregnant lao....make crabs, lobster, potatoes and aveggie, sip on a glass of wine and cuddle until the balldrops! My dd will be sleeping ;)

Sounds perfect Nikki - and Ella getting to spend time with your parents must be invaluable with them being so far away .

Sorry it is a sad time of year for you Donna - big hugs to you hun xx

Donna R- sorry its a bad time for you and about your family. :(

Ella- must be lovely to visit with them living so far away:flower:

haven't decided what for new years eve yet. probably same old stuff for the kids. we will probably stay up to see it change. might have a glass of wine, not sure. our anniversary is December 30 so we may go out to dinner that night. :shrug:

Thanks girls. :) I'm fine .. Lots of people worse of then me ! I have my oh, my son and a baby on the way! Very blessed
Hope ur all ok. I'm currently watching tweenies with my son who goes mad when I turn cbeebies of ! Drives me mental lol. I dno y I have sky cuz cbeebies is all I see ! X

lol Donna us too, cbeebies or cartoonito haha :)

Gonna be worse with two little ones fighting over the rights of the tv haha

xx

Hello everyone! Is it too late to join?

I'm 25 and this is my first. My little boy is due March 7th 2014!

Super exhausted. Sleep cycles been all over the place these days.

Lool haa I no!

I miss watching adult tv lol.
He could be playing happily not even watching tv the minute I so much as pick the remote up he's going nuts lol x

Thanks donna!

Lol, I know what you mean about trying to change the channel on the little ones. I used to baby sit my nephew during the summer when I was younger. I'd get sick of watching Nick Jr. while he ignored the TV, but the moment I so much as looked at the remote, he'd wail! It drove me nuts, ha ha!

Welcome Geekie! :flower:

I'm so down in the dumps today. I feel like hormones are insane in the third trimester. I cry almost everyday over something and I'm just so damn tired. I wake up choking on heartburn goodness that is always sitting in my throat and while I've had an easy pregnancy the lack of sleep is killing me. :nope:

OH was laid off so is entitled to EI and there is a program that will cover two years of education and other things which sounds great but in my head I just wish that he would go back to work. I know it's selfish but the idea of two people living on government wage while I'm at home is just mentally freaking me out and exhausting me.

Right now I'm 7 months preggo and working full time and so tired I could die and he gets to stay home and make food and bake and sew (seriously, he's making onesis which is so cute) but I'm super jealous and hormones make it worse. I want to be the homemaker for that year (God Bless Canada) not the Bread Winner. I feel like a petty two year old.

/endrant

Big hugs hunni x

I'm so down in the dumps today. I feel like hormones are insane in the third trimester. I cry almost everyday over something and I'm just so damn tired. I wake up choking on heartburn goodness that is always sitting in my throat and while I've had an easy pregnancy the lack of sleep is killing me. :nope:

OH was laid off so is entitled to EI and there is a program that will cover two years of education and other things which sounds great but in my head I just wish that he would go back to work. I know it's selfish but the idea of two people living on government wage while I'm at home is just mentally freaking me out and exhausting me.

Right now I'm 7 months preggo and working full time and so tired I could die and he gets to stay home and make food and bake and sew (seriously, he's making onesis which is so cute) but I'm super jealous and hormones make it worse. I want to be the homemaker for that year (God Bless Canada) not the Bread Winner. I feel like a petty two year old.

/endrant

I'm glad Lucas isn't like that when I turn the tv over... He usually gets to watch cbeebies in the morning and then we turn it over around 10.30 (cause I like watching this morning) But he also watches videos on youtube on hubby's computer or on the tablet. And he likes watching hubby play computer games aswell .... There also aren't a lot of programs he will actually SIT down long enough for to watch it haha

Bless him. Cj likes watchin my oh play ps3 aswell bt then moans 4 the control pad ha!

He wil sit and watch a film 4 abit , he's stil a bit young I think to get really into it , its funny tho because as soon as cbeebies finishes at 7pm its like he knows and were free to turn the tv over lol x

My 2014 resolutions: https://www.threebythirty.com/2013/12/my-2014-resolutions.html

Are you ladies setting any?

I like the dates-idea.... Me and hubby hardly EVER go out on dates. Hubby is fussy about who looks after Lucas and it's hard when you don't have a lot of money to be able to scramble some together for a date....
Hopefully hubby will get back into work soon so we'll be able to afford it!

I've not really had a thought about new-years resolutions yet, apart from us starting to eat at the dinner table again. We used to always eat on the sofa whilst watching the tv, cause our dining room was cold and we didn't see the point in heating it just for eating dinner. Now in this house our dining room is attached to the living room so it gets heated anyway. We started eating at the table once we moved here but slowly slipped into eating on the sofa again!! :dohh: So we're gonna start going back to the table in the new year! It'll probably be better for Lucas' eating habits aswell, as he's very bad with his dinner at the moment. He has been for a while, but eating in front of the tv probably doesn't help it!

Other than that I don't really have any yet - apart from for hubby to get a job.... but that's not a new-years resolution, that's something we've both been wanting (and he's been trying) ever since he got out the army. He's just been out of 'civi' life for too long so he hasn't got any recent experience in 'normal'/'civi' jobs which probably puts employers off - but he's getting help into work now and those people reckon he'll have a job by the end of january/february. So that's positive!!

[...]

/endrant

I HEAR YOU ON THE SLEEP AND HORMONES! I just woke up from a monstrous sleep that will probably have me up all night. Sometimes its anxiety and heartburn that keep me up. This time, what kept me awake was my little one tap dancing on my bladder...twice in the same night! Going to the bathroom when I'm trying to sleep has the effect of making me wide awake. :/ Hubby (who works nights) lured me back to bed to try and get more sleep, but instead of just catching a few more hours, I slept all day! Now I'm probably going to be up all night. This is not what I wanted... :(

And yesterday I literally went through three emotions within a minute: fury, amusement, then teary depression, and all over...wait for it... A car radio! The silly thing wasn't even broken or anything, I just wasn't using it right, but it was like 0-60 I suddenly went nuts because it wasn't doing what I wanted it too. Hubby just shook his head at me.

I send hugs and good thoughts! I can't imagine what it's like to work full time in the 3rd trimester. I had to go on early maternity leave at the start of mine due to pregnancy-related hip pain. I'm envious your husband is getting so into the pregnancy he's sewing onesies, lol. My hubby is having problems connecting to what's coming. It's something we're BOTH struggling with.

My 2014 resolutions:

Are you ladies setting any?

geez...I got put in a forum timeout for trying to quote your url, even after I took off the bbc code! I didn't know that applied to forum quotes too... :(

So far the only resolution I could think of was to stay strong and do what I have to for my son's well being, even if that means I have to say goodbye to a close friend of mine. We had a falling out when I asked her to take into consideration my condition when she talked to me. She's always having drama and worrying me to the point of not being able to eat or sleep, and her sense of boundaries about what's appropriate to share and when is off (not her fault, it's how our friendship has always worked--it just can't work that way anymore now that I'm going to be a mom and I tried to tell her that.) She took offense, and we haven't spoken since the end of October. It hurts but I know this is what I need to do to protect my son and the special moments we'll have. My friend's feelings and pride aren't more important than my baby boy.

I suppose the other, obvious resolution would be for my hubby and I to have as smooth a transition back into civilian life as possible. He's Air Force and he's getting out shortly after the birth of our son.

Other than that I don't really have any yet - apart from for hubby to get a job.... but that's not a new-years resolution, that's something we've both been wanting (and he's been trying) ever since he got out the army. He's just been out of 'civi' life for too long so he hasn't got any recent experience in 'normal'/'civi' jobs which probably puts employers off

That's what I'm afraid it'll be like for us! Hubby and I both procrastinated on job hunting, so I'm afraid we'll be scraping by on minimum wage (if we can even find anything) and unemployment till one of us finds a solid job. It's really scary...

My dd watches sesame st during breakfast and while im preparing breakfast but after that i switch the channel and she doesnt pay attention...she goes right over to her blocks and toys and books and starts to play...if were having a bad day i will let her watch calliou or sesame or barney for a half hour before daddy gets hoe from work.

You ladies are lucky. We've watched Toy Story about 500 times in the last couple of months. It's mostly on for background noise while she plays but she hasssss to have her Buzz & Woody (and lately she's been begging for Super Why) all the freaking time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->