MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I remember when Lucas was little.... we'd put cbeebies on and he wasn't interested... the only thing he'd stop for was adverts..... Whatever was on tv he'd be playing.... UNTIL the adverts came on he'd come back and stand there watching them! Everytime!!! :haha: it was so funny!! Guess someone has to like them :winkwink:

feeling really depressed...

gonna be awake all night and alone since hubby has to work....

Geekie welcome and congrats! :flower:

Jesse- sorry your so down. I think I would feel the same if DH was home and I worked :(

Morning girls. Hope ur all ok. ! So my son decided 5am this morning was wake up time ! He had soaked thru his nappy so I had to change him and his clothes! Then he wudnt go bk2sleep. He's in my bad books 2day lol.

I'm so scared I'm gna be a walking zombie when chads born! X

Welcome geekie and congrats on your pregnancy -how have you been keeping?

Ella - Dawson never watched TV at all until a few months ago, now it is cbeebies or cartoonito all day if I would let him lol -funny thing is , if he doesn't see it he doesn't miss it too much -I haven't put any cartoons on this morning and he hasn't noticed yet lol

Donna - oh those early early mornings!! I am not looking forward to them -we have ALL been sleeping in until 10am the past few mornings (bar our 6am Xmas morning start lol) - Need to get the routine started again after the Hogmanay party lol -last year Dawson was in bed as usual and we had a very quiet night, this year he is bigger so we are going to PARTY lol - will be another 3 before I can really party I'd imagine lol xxx

That's like cj, if we get up and I don't put cbeebies on then he's fine lol.
I stil sometimes turn the channel over , he has a paddy and stuff but he soon gives in when he knows I'm not putting it back lol.
Sometimes its anything for a quiet life ha!

Ohh ino . . I was saying to my oh last night least when newborns wake in the night most times its bottle and straight bk to sleep unlike cj hu refuses point blank to go back of lol..

He's asleep at the min I've had an hour bt can't sleep no mur x

Morning girls. Hope ur all well. Another unsettled night 4 my son :(

I have the midwife thursday & then my whooping cough jab friday, it was ment to be the ova week but I had to re arrange can't believe I'm almost 32 weeks ! Where is time going . Its also my birthday in just ova 2weeks! Gosh 26 getting old lol x

Morning girls. Hope ur all well. Another unsettled night 4 my son :(

I have the midwife thursday & then my whooping cough jab friday, it was ment to be the ova week but I had to re arrange can't believe I'm almost 32 weeks ! Where is time going . Its also my birthday in just ova 2weeks! Gosh 26 getting old lol x

I have my31 week appt tomorrow and whooping cough jab too, much easier if Iget appointments together now as my pelvis is so sore and the crutches so cumbersome :shrug: oh well 9 weeks to go won't be too long. I am desperate to get Dawson up the park for a nice long walk, he loves it and rreally misses it just now. We went to the park yday and my daughter came to lift him in out swing etc, and they went foraging through the trees but it is not the same, and we only lasted about 40 mins before I was in real agony and had to go home :growlmad: Really want a home birthbut need to go the duration then, be it 42 weeks whereas if iIask to be seen under consultant care and agree to induction iIcould probably push for 40 weeks :wacko: 2 weeks isn't that long is it?lmao:haha:

Hope e eryone having a great day xxx :flower:

Its a far cry from me turning 18! Lol the years just fly in don't they!

Aww least u managed to get dawson out to the park hun, baby wil be here b4 uno it and u can enjoy going again!
Well I wish they would of gave me my whooping jab 4 the same day because now I have to get taxis to my drs two days in a row because I haven't changed drs over yet with my moving ..

2 weeks isn't a long time but its 4ever wen ur pregnant and over due lol. Imn fully expecting to go over due !
I'm sat watching one born! Gosh imn scared ! Lol x

I was watching one born last night - omg one woman screamed the entire time lol omg - I was like that with my first I think haha, second was a breeze in comparion, number 3 best labour ever and 4 I am trying to forget lol.

I was 26 the year I split from my first hubby, then went in to the millennium with new me, and with having gotten rid of a controlling abusive factor in my life, so 26 was a great year for me - hope it is for you too xxx

Aww bless, yeh I screamed a lot in labour with cj . Cried screamed shouted swore!!
Get him out, ! I' can't do this, give me section lol!
Then I watch some and the. Women don't even make a single peep!!!
I must be a big wuss!
Aww bless u good4u ! Let's hope we all have a fab 2014 x

Welcome geekie and congrats on your pregnancy -how have you been keeping?

Thank you! And I'm doing better than when the weekend started. I was struggling with sleep but I think I'm on the mend now.

Geez you guys are scaring me on giving birth, lol! Did any of you do kegels for your first? That's what I'm trying to do everyday...

Geez you guys are scaring me on giving birth, lol! Did any of you do kegels for your first? That's what I'm trying to do everyday...

LOL no... unless you count holding in my pee until I could get to the bathroom for the millionth time ;)

I recommend taking Red Raspberry Leaf capsules daily starting from 32-34 weeks (start sometime in that time frame and continue up until birth) and then taking or inserting Evening Primrose Oil capsules daily starting at 36 weeks.

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea (you can take it as a drink/tea or capsule) basically helps tone the uterus which is good for laboring. Here's a copy/pasted list of benefits:

-Prevents miscarriage and postpartum hemorrhage by helping to tone the uterus thus creating a relaxed (atonic) uterus.

-Eases morning sickness

-Reduces pain during labor and after birth: By toning the muscles used during labor and delivery RRL eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery. It does not, however, counter the pain of pelvic dilation.

-Assists in the production of plentiful breast milk

-Can help make labor faster: RRL works to encourage the uterus to let go and function without tension. It doesn’t strengthen contractions but it does allow the uterus to work more efficiently

-Studies show that women taking RRL have a reduced incidence of artificial rupture of membranes, forceps delivery or cesarean

And then Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) works with your cervix to help soften and ripen it. You can ingest it or insert the capsule up your lady business, as far as you can do. Recommend doing that right before bed though lol.

I didn't know about these during my first pregnancy but used them with my second and I believe it made a world of difference. Labor sucked because she was back-to-back the entire time (and they didn't realize it until she was born even though I told them I thought she was) but I only pushed for maybe 20 minutes whereas with my first I pushed for about an hour or more. Also when you push, push like you're pooping. With my first I didn't know HOW to push which is why I think it took me so long to get her out but the EPO & RRL coupled with pushing like I was pooping, delivery was a total breeze.

Morning girls. I've been up all night wv a poorly boy. He woke about 1ish I went in and he was covered in sick , soi cleaned him up etc and put him in wv me , he was sick loads mur. Finally settled of to abou5ish thenn we conme down stairs, he seems ok in himself, I don't no what 2do tho do I starve him ? He's never had a sickness bug b4 x

Aww bless, yeh I screamed a lot in labour with cj . Cried screamed shouted swore!!
Get him out, ! I' can't do this, give me section lol!
Then I watch some and the. Women don't even make a single peep!!!
I must be a big wuss!
Aww bless u good4u ! Let's hope we all have a fab 2014 x

I was like that... didn't scream once, or cry (I think).... I did think: just get me a c-section but never said it. The only thing I remember saying - remotely in that direction was I can't do it! And the midwife barked at me: well who else is gonna do it??? And I was like: Ofcourse I know I've gotta do it, but surely as a midwife you know that's what every mum says when they're in labour (the midwife at antenatal classes told us that it's the 'transition stage' which means you're getting ready to push or are almost there and most women then feel like they can't do it anymore!) It really annoyed me that she said that!

But yeah, just cause you screamed doesn't mean you're a wuss, it just means you deal with pain differently then other people. If I'm in a lot of pain I just go really quiet and don't want to talk to anyone....

I was the same w contractions, very quiet and to myself....i didnt yell at anyone but then again i only labored to 5cm without an epi lol...after i got my epi i was fine, then around 8cm it wore off and i felt everything until they gave me more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->