MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

So odd! I was up all night oeeing buckets!!! My swelling is gone down quite a bit and my bump just feels smaller and more comfortable if that makes sense? However my bump is all sore at the top, under my ribs, and my lower back kills....im so confused!

So midwife has been out , she's refered me to see a consultant on monday, she said there is no way I can give birth In the midwife led unit , which I don't mind but she said with my history & because I hemoraged I probally won't be able to have a water birth :( ! Which is what I really wanted x it all depends what the consultant says x

Sorry to hear that Donna! Maybe you'll still be able to use the pool as pain relief though!
I sat in the pool for a while when I was having Lucas... tried pushing him out in there but I couldn't get in a good position to push in the pool so I got out and had him on the bed instead, but it was lovely for pain relief!
Will definitely be asking for the pool (or a bath) again this time! They've got 2 pools at our hospital, a big one and a smaller one (big one is the same shape as the one I had with Lucas and it was the shape of the pool that made it impossible for me to get into a good position - so hope I can get the small pool) but they also have baths in the ensuite bathrooms in half of the rooms, so I can always use that!

Aww yeh I hope so fingers crossed ! Really want to try spend some time in water defo to help with the pain x

I've been low my whole pregnancy and I think it's funny when people say 'gosh you're low now' because I know I'm no lower....I have very wide hips and abs only up top from my workout days (long gone now :winkwink:) so I think it's just been natural for bumpy to sit down low.

I have the day off so I plan tos tart working on my hospital bag and if or got to tell you ladies I got my travel system finally!! Went to Babies R Us and they had a super cutie Eddie Bauer one that was originally $350 on sale for $190 because it was a floor model and the last one in the store. It's super light (both parts' I was able to lift he collapsed stroller in my car with one arm at eight months preggo. So happy!

That it's lovely Jesse, and great bargain too!

Donna sorry it does not look like you are getting your water birth hun, maybe consultant will say yes still! Fingers crossed xx

Nikki glad your swelling had gone down a bit.

Good luck with all scans, nst's that you ladies are having. And there does seem to be lots of symptom spotting for labour watch lol. I did join the Feb group because I am officially due 28 th Feb lol but don't expect any labor watch going on here until mid March, just wanted to be nosey and well you never know!! Haha this baby could surprise us all and actually be on time lol

I think I overdone things at aqua natal, so sore now. In tears having to go get my son from nursery :'( m maybe not the best thing to do with SPD, although was recommended by midwife xx

I'm so excited to start labour watch on our thread!! Even if I'm probably gonna be the same as Donna, not getting any symptoms until mid-March!

I wish baby would drop, cause he's sitting so high, but I remember from Lucas that he was so long/tall that even when he was engaged his bum was still right under my ribs!! So don't think it would help too much! I'm starting to get a little scared of this baby getting really big though, his movements can really hurt at times and most of them make me feel pretty uncomfortable!! Really hope he isn't gonna be much bigger than Lucas! (8lb 2oz) - haven't gained that much weight (up 8.8kg at the moment) so doing alright, but maybe that's just me losing weight and baby still getting bigger!!

Sorry to hear about the midwife donna. Maybe the consultant will be okay with the water pain relief!

Jesse that stroller looks great!!

So the pics from the gallery are available. Sent them off to family. Very very happy. I have until the first to make my picks (I guess hosting all those images would take up a lot of site storage?) Here's one of my favorites:

https://eighthcirclestudios.com/eikasia/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Screen-Shot-2014-01-20-at-11.34.49-AM.png

My midwife is going to weigh my next thursday! Dreading seeing what I have gained ! X

JessesGirl29- love the stroller!

donna r- hope they approve your water birth :hugs:

geekiemama- you are lovely! beautiful maternity pic <3

to the ladies whose babies are dropping, mine has felt that way for a couple weeks now.

had my u/s scan today and amniotic fluid is low. probably why she is not moving much. this is my 3rd pregnancy I have had low fluid. getting old. baby has lots of hair and is definitely engaged (may be why im losing plug) and weighs about 4 1/2 lbs.

JessesGirl29- love the stroller!

donna r- hope they approve your water birth :hugs:

geekiemama- you are lovely! beautiful maternity pic <3

to the ladies whose babies are dropping, mine has felt that way for a couple weeks now.

had my u/s scan today and amniotic fluid is low. probably why she is not moving much. this is my 3rd pregnancy I have had low fluid. getting old. baby has lots of hair and is definitely engaged (may be why im losing plug) and weighs about 4 1/2 lbs.

So what causes low fluid? Does this have any indication for going early or needing to be induced or anything? xx

ok doc apptmnt update. I am half a cm dilated so nothing to be concerned about. He said at this point he would not stop labor but on Thursday and any day thereafter if he checks me down there and im dilating even more he is going to give me steroids to mature morgans lungs. If my water breaks on its own before 37 weeks he would allow me to try for a vaginal, however, if we make it to 37 weeks and i have the amnio at 37 weeks and she is still big (which will happen and is inevitable at this point) then we will most def have the c section and thats to make sure both mommy and baby are completely healthy. We just do not want to risk it. He said if im nervous about the c section he can give me anxiety drugs to calm me down etc. or if im totally scared about it he can just do it while im out (which i told him i do not want because i still want to see her etc.) I truly do love my new doctor and I feel he really sits down with me and goes over my concerns. Right now we are just taking it a day at a time. Resting as much as possible and taking my meds when im in pain. The end.

hope everyone else is well! what a roller coaster this pregnancy is!

i asked about swelling on my right side and he told me my uterus is shifted towards the right so thats why im getting more swelling there.. agh!

Donna, I'm sorry that your MW brought you bad news, good luck with the consultant appointment.

nikki- that's a lot to take in for one dr apt :hugs2:

donna- apparently there is a lot of reasons why it could be low. could be probs with the babies kidneys or urinary tract obstruction, pre-eclampsia, placental probs, lupus, certain medications, or leaking fluid. think there are other reasons too, just cant think of any off hand. with my ds nathon it was due to his placenta deteriorating and pulling away. with my ds mason they never figured out why. kind of makes me nervous having it again since lupus is a reason and my mom has lupus and I think its genetic.

hi ladies

donnar - hope the consultant approves your water birth

nikki - hope all goes well with your next appointment ... yikes its so close now

geekie - love the pics

blessedmomma - will pray for u ...

just wanted to share a few pics of our DIY photoshoot

Attachments

• 2012-01-01 04.04.15.jpg
    2012-01-01 04.04.15.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2012-01-01 04.08.18.jpg
    2012-01-01 04.08.18.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 2012-01-01 04.21.20.jpg
    2012-01-01 04.21.20.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2012-01-01 04.10.28.jpg
    2012-01-01 04.10.28.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
Lovely pics hun!

Gosh my backs breaking .. :( so sore . Can't believe I'm 35 weeks thursday! Literally flying by x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->