MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Big hugs to all the Mommas having medical issues and feeling sore :hugs:
We're all so close! Well kind of but not really :winkwink:

After being head down for as long as I could tell two nights ago I had horrible pains and now he's shifted and I can't tell where he is anymore :shrug: my bump is even different, less out the front so maybe he's sideways. Midwife tomorrow at 9am so I'm interested in seeing what she says. Bright side for now: my crotch hurts less.

Morning girls. Hope ur all ok.
My next appointment is monday with consultant and then nxt thursday with midwife she wil be doing blood tests to make sure my irons rising , I doubt it v much as I haven't been taking my iron! Naughty ino but I hate them ! :(

I'm 35 Weeks Today! Omg ! 35 days to go ! Eekk'! X

Size of a coconut :D x

Jessegirl my bubs was oblique at my 31 week appointment and I was definitely not in as much pain as when he/she is head down. Hope your appointment with m midwife goes well xx

Donna have you thought about trying alternative iron source, you can buy spatone from Holland and Barratt ! It is liquid form so easier to digest and you get more benefit from it as your body can absorb it easier than the tablet form? I used to take it in orange juice too, to aid in the absorption, iron needs Vit C xxx
Hope your appointments go well too, and woohoo 35 weeks, although bigger than a coconut surely lol? Coconuts are quite small lol :) xx

Hope everyone else has a good day, not too much pain or any thing xxx

Those fruit references make me laugh. My kids thought the banana week was funny.

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon, I feel bad that there's nothing we can do to help each other than offer virtual hugs.

Thankfully dd3 slept all night (that piriton is good stuff!!) her face is looking so much better already, still sore but not to the point of red raw.
Ended up on the sofa at 3pm, leg cramps and generally restlessness keeping me awake so to be kind to DH I left him in bed, rather than suffer my groaning and wriggling.

MW appointment this afternoon. Just done my little sample, no problem doing those at the moment, I could pee for Britain lol.
I dont think this LO is engaged at all, if she's head down I'll be happy though.

I'm looking for a double/twin/tandem pushchair/buggy/stroller (whatever you may call it)
Although dd3 is 2 she still gets tired and if its freezing cold and miserable outside I want to be able to keep her snug on the school runs. I dont want to buy new though so trawling ebay has become an obsession, but I dont really know what I want other than one in front of the other rather than side-by-side.

I hope everyone has a peaceful and good day xx

thanks donna ill have to get some when I go to town because I really don't want to take the tablets I hate them ! But I also don't want to be really poorly after he's born like with cj. Ha ini I thought that . The fruits are stupid !

I'm getting a double my sons 2 in 3 weeks and I also like him snug when its cold and wet plus he stil naps so ino he wud get tired . I'm getting a tandam .. The hauck freerider . Its the only one I like and is one in front of each other its £240 for the double and it also turns to a single , and comes with a carseat for newborn I'm getting it in red ! U can get it cheaper 4 just the pram without carseat / foot muff etc! I like that it turns to single , its not bulky like most x

thanks donna ill have to get some when I go to town because I really don't want to take the tablets I hate them ! But I also don't want to be really poorly after he's born like with cj. Ha ini I thought that . The fruits are stupid !

I'm getting a double my sons 2 in 3 weeks and I also like him snug when its cold and wet plus he stil naps so ino he wud get tired . I'm getting a tandam .. The hauck freerider . Its the only one I like and is one in front of each other its £240 for the double and it also turns to a single , and comes with a carseat for newborn I'm getting it in red ! U can get it cheaper 4 just the pram without carseat / foot muff etc! I like that it turns to single , its not bulky like most x

Thanks, will have a look. I did see a Britax B-dual one that looked pretty nice.

I am getting a double stroller too but not until after the birth i think! Money is tight especially sone the one college i teach at just screwed me over on a class grrr but well get by!

So i decided to take my insulin pump off last night for my diabetes and go back to doing shots. I just felt so much more in control when i was preg w my dd when i was on shots. I also wasnt swollen until after delivery w her due to the shift in fluids. Anyway, i just feel more comfortable today, no swelling, etc. i wonder if it had to do w the diff insulins i use while on shots? I guess time will tell.

Nst today at 1pm at my ob/gyn then i have work tonight, fun!

I can definitely recommend the hauck one - I don't have it, but I do have a travel system from Hauck and it's awesome!! I love it! Had it ever since I was pregnant with Lucas and it's still plenty good enough to use for this baby!

Lucas will be 3 in 4 weeks and he's really good with walking (usually) so I'm not getting a double buggy. He'll just have to walk! And if that causes any problems or too many aggrevations then I'll probably get a buggy board (possibly one with a seat on it) so he doesn't have to walk if he gets tired!

Plus now that hubby is working and we're coming off JSA we can possibly afford a car aswell, just a little run around, so that would make things a lot easier aswell! Just hope this agency job turns into something permanent - he's worked friday and then the whole of this week so far, probably tomorrow aswell so at the moment it's looking good, but it would be nice if he can manage to get a permanent contract! But money is looking so much better already just his wages per week will be about the amount of JSA we get every 2 weeks now! And then ofcourse you get your tax credits on top and we'll still get some housing benefits aswell! I'll be glad when I don't have to wreck my brain to figure out when we get what money and whether we need to save it till the bills come out etc!

I'm glad u reccomend it well I was going to just make him walk but with him just turning 2 I think he wil need a pram 4 a bit and its good because it turns to single so its not like I'm stuck with a double if he wants to walk.. !

I had the silver cross 3D with cj and I love it stil got it now.
So glad things r looking up money wise hun! Its hard to struggle.
I'm always struggling bt u get by don't u. I ordered the rest of chads things . All that I need now is my pram which I'm getting next month & my changing bag & milk.. Oh and some slippers and pjs 4 my hosp bag x
I can definitely recommend the hauck one - I don't have it, but I do have a travel system from Hauck and it's awesome!! I love it! Had it ever since I was pregnant with Lucas and it's still plenty good enough to use for this baby!

Lucas will be 3 in 4 weeks and he's really good with walking (usually) so I'm not getting a double buggy. He'll just have to walk! And if that causes any problems or too many aggrevations then I'll probably get a buggy board (possibly one with a seat on it) so he doesn't have to walk if he gets tired!

Plus now that hubby is working and we're coming off JSA we can possibly afford a car aswell, just a little run around, so that would make things a lot easier aswell! Just hope this agency job turns into something permanent - he's worked friday and then the whole of this week so far, probably tomorrow aswell so at the moment it's looking good, but it would be nice if he can manage to get a permanent contract! But money is looking so much better already just his wages per week will be about the amount of JSA we get every 2 weeks now! And then ofcourse you get your tax credits on top and we'll still get some housing benefits aswell! I'll be glad when I don't have to wreck my brain to figure out when we get what money and whether we need to save it till the bills come out etc!

Yeah, when I was pregnant before this one (had a mc) I was gonna be due in June last year, so Lucas would've only been 2 and 3 months or so, so was looking at getting a double buggy then aswell! I think 2 years old is probably too early to make them walk everywhere.

I'm glad money is looking up aswell!! haha. Whilst we're on benefits I had to literally make a list of when we got what money, cause everything came in at different times of the month (JSA every 2 weeks and then child tax credits and child benefit every 4 weeks, which gradually changes over the months as to whether it comes in at the start or the end of the month, as months are just over 4 weeks) and I'd have to work out how much we'd have on what date and how much would be left after paying the bills and buying food etc. It was a real pain!! I'm so glad we're just gonna get money every week now (topped up by some benefits) - even if he'd get paid once a month it would be a lot easier cause you can see exactly how much you've got and how much you'll have left after all your bills have been paid!
It definitely was a struggle - We've been saying Lucas needs a haircut for a while now but never been able to really clear even that little amount to be able to get it done! Cause something always comes up and money just disappears! It's a good thing our new baby will basically cost nothing cause he'll be breastfed and we've got everything from Lucas still, so all we need to buy is nappies... otherwise we wouldn't have gotten pregnant!

Money worries are the worst thing ever. So I'm glad things are picking up for you.

Had my MW appointment, it was the most disappointing one yet! Actually I'm pretty p!ssed off about it.
I havent felt 100%, had a lot more dampness and cramping in the last two days plus back ache. Generally I'm a bit worried that I may go into labour early (dd2 was 3 wks early). She's written on my notes....." Well but tired and fed up"
On the plus side baby is measuring right, is head down still and generally seems well as far as she could tell. My bp was ok (a little low but alright for me) and NAD in my sample.
I wasnt tired and fed up, but reading that I am now.
Another appointment in 2 weeks, but scan before that.

Sorry to be a dilly downer but it wasnt the support I needed.

I love the money saving expert pages! At least you know they're pretty reliable as it's a website by Martin Lewis! He seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to money (I watch him on This Morning aswell).
And the forums tend to be pretty good, though I only go on there via google, when I search for something.

Ella I totally agree, I get my income support , tax creds and child benefit all at diff times and its hard working everything out . I'm thankfull for the help don't get me wrong .. But it would be nice to see what I'd have left and not have to worry. I have to write things down to and work out things. I did my shopping this morning ! Cost me £120 bt that was with nappies and stuff but now I don't have much left ! I've got gas and electric tho and food in.. Taking cj for a hair cut 2moz and I'll be pretty much broke ! Bt we have the main things.. X

We shop at aldi and Iceland, we spend around £90-£100 a week, that's for 2 adults, 3x 12yo, 7yo, 2yo in nappies and a tortoise (cant forget her lol)
DH is a super shopper, so much better at it than I am. Menu planning has definitely helped.
We're thinking with milk (£9 a tin) and nappies (£4 a pack) shopping will still be in a decent range (I hope)

Money! It is always a stressor, isn't it ladies? For example, DH's paycheck is over 3 weeks late and was mailed locally on the 15th, but we're pretty sure it is lost in the mail :( The university won't issue a stop payment until it is 10 days late, so we have to wait until Monday for them to pay DH since the 25th is a Saturday. All I have to say is I am glad I keep a good amount of food in our apartment! The upside is that we should be able to use some of his January paycheck on baby items since I have been hardcore budgeting this month! :)

Sorry if your seeing this 2xs but amnio is set for feb 17th, c section the 18th/19th..shooting for the 19th its my mommies b day! :)

I shop at Asda - home delivery (cause we don't have a car) and we buy a whole months worth in one go. I tend to spend around £180 for a whole month! We sometimes need some top ups (like bread or drinks or something) but I thin £180 a month for the 3 of us is pretty good! I managed to do it for £150 this month! Though I didn't get any nappies, cause Lucas is only wearing 1 or 2 a day now that he's potty training.
Which is also a great help with money, cause this way we're basically swapping Lucas' nappies for baby's nappies. And ofcourse we'll get an extra £50 a month for child benefit so that would more than cover the nappies (and milk if we need it)

It's funny cause I see that Aldi advert on tv, about swapping to Aldi and people saving like £180 a month or something and I was like: so if we swap we'd get our shopping for free :haha:

Freaking out about money over here too. Waiting to start mat leave and OH is still job searching. We're fine right now but it will be super tight when we drop down to 50% of my pay......ahh well We'll handle it and get through...

Midwife went well, baby is still head down! His butt is just majorly poking out front and his back is facing out so she recommend I spend some time leaned over things into e next couple of weeks to prevent back labour.

Took the day off work because I found out last night my older sister (only 34) has been receiving radiation for thyroid cancer since September and didn't tell me because she didn't want me to stress out while pregnant but she's found out its gone from her thyroid but in her lymph nodes. Now she has to have chemo. She got three boys (9, 5 and 3) and is a single Mom and wants me and OH to get custody if anything happens so you can imagine the past 24 hours I've had. Pretty numb right now and wasn't prepared to go in to work today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->