MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Thinking of u ruby ... worked from home today was so much more relaxing ...

i had pain in my legs last night while sleeping i woke up crying and my dh had to help me massage my legs ... i have been forcing myself to eat a banana today ... hope it doesnt happen tonight again ... second night in a row though

Ella glad hubby got called in for work ...

Blessedbaby, I just got my first Charley horse in years today! Owwww!!! I feel you, those suckers hurt! Now my calf is sore, boo!!! :( I don't like bananas, but if I have another, I may just buy some and force myself to eat them. I also hear low calcium can be a cause, so maybe drink more milk too? :shrug: It can't hurt.

Hi I have not posted for a while but I have been keeping up. all is well but totally exhausted. I have most of my hospital bag stuff but for some reason it just seems to real to put it in a case. One thing that was recommended to me last time which I got today is cheap flip flops so you can wear them in the shower.

am 34 weeks now , finish work on Monday, baby is breach and have a scan on Wednesday followed by a consultant appointment

feeling really tired and irritated by everyone and everything :-(

Thinking of u ruby ... worked from home today was so much more relaxing ...

i had pain in my legs last night while sleeping i woke up crying and my dh had to help me massage my legs ... i have been forcing myself to eat a banana today ... hope it doesnt happen tonight again ... second night in a row though

Ella glad hubby got called in for work ...

If it's in your calves, you just flex your feet upward (toes toward your head) and it'll get rid of it. I had that happen A LOT in the beginning/middle of the pregnancy and it usually happened while I was asleep. So it would wake me up, I'd be writing in pain and forget to flex my toes upward and just start punching my pillow, frustrated with the pain lol. It usually took 2 minutes before I remembered just flexing my toes up would help.

However if it's in your thighs, I have no suggestions lol.

Whenever I stretch myself out in bed I try not to stretch with my toes pointing down! Cause that tends to cause leg cramps.... And I agree, flex your feet, pointing your toes up definitely helps to get rid of the cramps!

Thanks girls. Will defo try and spend time on all fours lol..

He's so cute ella ! :) bless him..
I've ordered a birthing ball of ebay today only £6.50 midwife said that could help turn him also if I stay activate during labour he shud turn quickly . I was on abed with cj so porbz why took so long ..

If he stays back to back I probz won't go into labour myself apartly x :(
He wasn't back to back on monday. As consultant said his back was to the left of my belly , so he's obv turned since .. X

thanks ladies I will remember that next time I get these awful leg cramps again and yes they are in my calves ... I have a headache today and its a rainy day in SA so blessed to be working from home...

34 weeks today and feeling very tired in my chest dont know if its normal or my lungs are just working extra hard ...

hope everyone else is good

My last baby was back to back. I had a membrane sweep but went into labor myself otherwise and had her 13 days early. She was born sunny-side-up.

Oh noway ! :) bless . Nice to no that I cud stil go on my own then .. I hope so I don't want to be inducded .
Hope ur all ok girls x next see midwife in 2 weeks . 13th feb.. Ill be 38 weeks then ! And its my sons 2nd birthday, she wanted to see me next week but there fully booked.. She sed that it shudnt be a problem to give me a sweep on my due date x
My last baby was back to back. I had a membrane sweep but went into labor myself otherwise and had her 13 days early. She was born sunny-side-up.

I've ordered a birthing ball of ebay today only £6.50 midwife said that could help turn him also if I stay activate during labour he shud turn quickly . I was on abed with cj so porbz why took so long ..

He wasn't back to back on monday. As consultant said his back was to the left of my belly , so he's obv turned since .. X

My daughter was back to back and I went into labour naturally and had a back to back labour she turned last minute and came out the ' right' way

Aww thanks 4 sharing hun. Cj was back to back in labour and he turned b4 he was born . But I didn't even no he was back to back til my consultant told me the ova day .. I hope I stil go into labour myself :) x

My daughter was back to back and I went into labour naturally and had a back to back labour she turned last minute and came out the ' right' way

My daughter Ava was also back to back...I went into labour naturally and labour was slow had a drip put in to speed things up and an Epi which was heaven! I slept for 2 hours and a doctor came in when I was ready to push and turned her around. I only had to push for around 15 minutes. Hopefully this time for all of us will be easier :winkwink:

I have just had last day at work and they put on a baby shower at work...still have my friends one on Sunday. We got given so much and I got given a beauty therapy voucher for after Max is born. I will not need to buy much clothes wise until Max is over 6 months old :haha: his drawers nearly dont shut! He will be a very lucky lil boy...

I hear you on he painful legs!
Last night I ended up of the sofa (my friend right now) and had cramp in my left calf and the pains in my right shin! I looked really daft going up the stairs this morning. School run helped ease the calf pain and I'm doing heat treatment to my shin. Its annoying.

Got my scan on Monday, seems like I've been waiting forever, well it'll be 16 weeks since they first mentioned it. I hope placenta has moved (well uterus grown, whatever they call it) I really dont want to have a section [-o<

Posted this in the FB group already but figured I'd copy/paste it here just in case...

So I had my 34 week check-up yesterday. I've gained 30lbs so far, baby's HB was 138bpm. She checked my fundal height but didn't comment on it. I was going to ask but we were talking about other things lol. Anyway, she did an internal exam and said I'm already 2cm dilated, didn't mention if I've started to efface at all yet and said Leah's breech. She didn't have to reach far to feel my cervix either. Sent me to L&D for an NST which I/Leah passed.

However she had them do a group B strep swab on me 2 weeks early because (according to the OB at the hospital) she thinks I'll probably deliver early. The swab is only valid for a few weeks so if you do it too early, you'll have to get it redone before the end of your pregnancy which is why most OB's do the swab at 36 weeks. So having mine done at 34 because she thinks I'll deliver early, already being 2cm and having a breech baby... I'm freaked out a little lol. I know anything can happen or not happen still so I'm not going to stress TOO much about it.

I go back next Friday so we'll see.

Wow, 2cm already. Do they offer steroid injections for babies lungs if they think baby may deliver early?

The Midwives dont do internal examinations here (uk) well not that I know of.
Think I'd be scared knowing I was dilated at 34 wks.

I can't believe I'm classed as full term thursday :/ time has gone so fast. Aww I'm sure she wil stay put for a while yet hun, :)

Must be scary tho..
I'm getting so excited now, just can't wait to meet him.. But then can't believe its not gna be just cj anymore! He's my angel ! And I no I will love chad just as much, I can't see how I can right now.. But ino ur heart grows bigger :) so happy . ! This time 4 years ago I fort I'd never get pregnant .. We tried for 3 years b4 falling with cj ! So to have two boys now is amazin! <3 can't wait to c them grow up 2gta.. This time 2 years ago. I was nearly due cj! He was due 2nd feb, altho he made me wait til the 13th lol.. X

I predict chads gna do the same I think I'll be inducded the 9th march & he wil be born the 10th! X

Its crazy how much love you can have.
I posted on a thread a while ago with a prediction for when baby would arrive.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/2066883-guess-your-own-due-date.html
I said 28th of Feb....we shall see.

Am I the only one that doesn't really feel that bonded with this baby yet??? I can't wait to meet him and am really excited about it, but I find it really hard to actually realise there is ACTUALLY gonna be another baby. And also feel like I was much more 'in love' with my baby when I was pregnant with Lucas than I am this time.... It's kinda hard to explain, but I feel like I can't really bond with this baby until he's born!
Hope that's normal.....
Definitely can't wait until he's here though and to see my 2 boys together! Lucas has been mentioning the baby several times lately, he keeps saying: baby's bed when he sees the moses basket in our bedroom and he seems pretty excited and he seems to actually understand that there's gonna be a baby! Ofcourse he won't really realise what it means until he's here but still....

I'm the same Donna, Lucas was due the 7th, so 3 years ago I was 39 weeks pregnant and waiting for him to show his face! But he made us wait until the 20th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->