MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I have read that hyperemesis is very much linked to girls but general sickness could go either way. My friend was very very sick with her son and not sick at all with her daughter...so it really doesn't specifically indicate one gender over the other.

I think I am also going to ask about prenatal vitamins with less iron as I have read that too much iron can also cause sickness...that happened to a friend of mine and once she started a prescription prenatal her sickness stopped.

You ladies are making me feel so guilty. I'm reading about everyone else being so sick while I chow down an egg salad on toast that I woke up and made this morning because it was what I wanted right away.
I have periods of feeling unwell where it's very close to being very hungover like my stomach doesn't feel settled and I feel nauseous but not like I'd puke and I can't move a muscle I'm so tired...but then I eat something and it usually passes. Every day I want a different food and I'm eating tons of things (in moderation of course) but the craving is different every day.

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon :hugs:

Im 7 weeks today!!!! WOOT! :happydance: AND my first midwife appointment is tomorrow. Woke up feeling so happy this morning, this is further than I ever made it with my first miscarriage and even though it's early, I'm feeling so positive.

Hi all I haven't talked much but been reading. I'm not having symptoms which is worrisome. I'm really concerned because I had a medical procedure done on july 1st where they put me under. I go to the dr today. I'm sure they won't try to check for anything other than a positive. I guess I have a few weeks to wait before I know that the baby is ok.

3 hours until my first appointment and scan!!!!

Someone mentioned asking for prenatals with less iron to prevent some sickness - the only prenatals that don't make me sick are the gummy kind. It's all ill take now because I don't feel even the slightest sickness because of it. I highly recommend them. In use target's Up & Up brand.

As for getting rid of a headache, last pregnancy my ob's office and many ladies on here suggested 2 extra-strength Tylenol (paratacemol in the UK?) taken with a Coke. Worked better than most anything else on a couple headaches I couldn't get rid of.

Hi ladies!
congrats to all the scans that have been happening... and all the ladies moving up the fruit vine :thumbup:

Called the dr this morning for my 3rd round beta testing... now he said he wanted to see it around 2500 for this scan and he'd feel good about it. Well..... 6974!! :haha::happydance: Now I estimated my progress, and when the test was taken on Saturday that I would have been 5w2d which is what the numbers are showing as well. Although I know that numbers don't always show time. But the dr had me estimated about a week and half behind that. But to me those numbers would be really high for only 3 1/2 weeks.
The other funny thing that is SUPER on my mind.... twins. Twins on my mom's side of the family, AND twins and my fiances' dad's AND mom's side of the family. :twingirls::twinboys::oneofeach: Eekkkk what woudl I do?! Hahah.
Anyway, so I was scheduled for my dr visit with my ultrasound on the 31st. Now he's mailing me a script to get an ultrasound. I'm excited about getting it done earlier than I thought, but now I'm worried that I'll get it done and they won't give me results until the 31st. I can't wait that long knowing the scan is done, ya know!? :nope:

Ugh so I'm waiting for the script now and seeing what happens. Soooooo anxious! Really doesn't help the lack of appetite and nausea haha

yay congrats on great scans and brilliant number simplycountry. Still not getting a ticker until 12 weeks so 5 more to go.

I've been feeling nauseous all day today. By far the worse. If I don't eat its worse, if I do its settled for a bit then comes back. I would bet my bottom dollar that this is a girl. Its more or less identical to my cousins pregnancy so far and nothing like my sons.

Congrats on the great beta SimplyCountry! Mine at 5w4d was 8,887 and it is just one but many people with twins had seemingly normal betas so you never know!

I called my OB and they said they will call me back with information on whatever they decide to prescribe. If they give me Zofran I will take that and just switch to the gummy prenatals. This is so brutal...everything makes me feel god awful mostly because everything tastes and smells so weird...I tried having strawberry jelly yesterday and it tasted like licorice...wth? I am kind of craving Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets today but I am sure if I got them they'd just gross me out.

Excited to see some scan pictures, if anyone gets them when they have their scan today!!

I've been feeling horrible today! Ate breakfast and that didn't help... been eating ever since but nothing is helping!!! It's so hot aswell, which really isn't helping me at the moment! Want to go get a fan, but they're probably sold out everywhere... I checked one of the shops online, as it lets you check their stock and it said it was out of stock in all of the 10 nearest stores!!! :dohh:

Congrats on the great beta SimplyCountry! Mine at 5w4d was 8,887 and it is just one but many people with twins had seemingly normal betas so you never know!

I called my OB and they said they will call me back with information on whatever they decide to prescribe. If they give me Zofran I will take that and just switch to the gummy prenatals. This is so brutal...everything makes me feel god awful mostly because everything tastes and smells so weird...I tried having strawberry jelly yesterday and it tasted like licorice...wth? I am kind of craving Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets today but I am sure if I got them they'd just gross me out.

i switched to gummys half way through my pregnancy too! Zofran is amazing!

Excited to see some scan pictures, if anyone gets them when they have their scan today!!

I've been feeling horrible today! Ate breakfast and that didn't help... been eating ever since but nothing is helping!!! It's so hot aswell, which really isn't helping me at the moment! Want to go get a fan, but they're probably sold out everywhere... I checked one of the shops online, as it lets you check their stock and it said it was out of stock in all of the 10 nearest stores!!! :dohh:

Sorry your feeling yucky too. Last week our weather was just awful! 100 degrees F and so so humid. I'm happy for some relief today!!

I can't wait for my next scan. Doctor called me thus morning. They did blood work last week for HCG, progrsterone and vitamin D.
HCG was 9400 which she said is great, progesterone was 11.4 which is also normal and my vitamin d is 15 >.< very low. So I have to take lovely supplements every week now. Grrrrr!

and i was bragging yesterday how i didnt feel sick... well... today is the total opposite lol. i feel like a zombie, and i feel im going to vomit.. bleck..

Omg my fiancée and I go there often to the Mohegan sun! (I love the sushi there)

Small world!!

Ughhhh having so much trouble scheduling my perinatal testing including my NT scan because of my insurance. Glad I am getting started on trying to schedule early so I will hopefully get in on time.

BTW I am in PA also, but I live about ten miles from Philadelphia :)

Ughhhh having so much trouble scheduling my perinatal testing including my NT scan because of my insurance. Glad I am getting started on trying to schedule early so I will hopefully get in on time.

BTW I am in PA also, but I live about ten miles from Philadelphia :)

Im about hour and 20 mins from philly :)

I have had the worst Monday I've had in a long time :( My favorite llama died in the my arms this morning :( My poor baby .... ugh .... and I can't help my husband load him into a trailer, so we can't get an autopsy done to find out what killed him. So now I just have to spend the whole day crying because I miss my baby boy already. He was my best friend out in the pasture. I'm so sad today. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->