MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

I'm Meg :) Almost 21 years old and have a 14 month old. #2 is due March 8th.

I have had the worst Monday I've had in a long time :( My favorite llama died in the my arms this morning :( My poor baby .... ugh .... and I can't help my husband load him into a trailer, so we can't get an autopsy done to find out what killed him. So now I just have to spend the whole day crying because I miss my baby boy already. He was my best friend out in the pasture. I'm so sad today. :(

So sorry, J_Lynn. Losing a pet is terrible. :(

So I saw my new OB this morning and it was a pretty quick appointment. He did an internal ultrasound and then said he wants me to get blood work done to check my progesterone levels. I had them checked at 14dpo and they were 20.3 so we'll see. I go back in 3 weeks for my first official prenatal appointment with all the boring questions/paperwork and that jazz. Then I go back 2 weeks after that (so 5 weeks from today) for another ultrasound.

He has a little low-quality ultrasound machine in his office and we finally saw the heartbeat. He didn't measure how fast it was beating but I saw the little flicker :) They emailed me some pictures but like I said, it was low quality so they're not the best but I'll share them anyway.

Low quality or not, I love pictures!! Vey awesome you got to see flickers!

U/S went well; baby measuring 7 weeks even! Heart rate 150bpm! I got to hear the heart beat! Couldn't ask for better! <3

Hooray for hearing the heartbeat! How very exciting!!!

AFM- first appointment was today. She drew bloods but I won't get results until tomorrow. Being that I'm 5w6d by lmp she said if hcg is higher than 6500 we'll book an ultrasound but if not we'll have to repeat bloods wednesday. Fxed I get a good high number when I call tomorrow!!!

Sorry if I'm responding to posts 4 pages back but its hard to keep up to this thread (and I LOVE it!)

SimplyCountry - those are AWESOME numbers *air high five*
Waiting4damon - I'm so glad everything went well!!
J-Lynne - My favourite cat Gussie went missing a week before I went on vacation in June and came back the day before we left and we cried with happiness and other than being covered in ticks and limping he seemed fine and we left him in the care of a friend, when we got back his stomach felt weird so we took him right in to the vet expecting him to have a broken leg but the news was horrible. He had broken his pelvis in three places and his stomach had torn and all his insides were out of it (but contained by his skin). I went in thinking it would be fine and an hour later he died in my arms because we couldn't afford the $5,00-$7,000 it would have cost to try to save his life.
I had to talk to a counsellor several times over the next couple of days and still even typing this I'm crying.... I miss him so much everyday and feel so bad that he was in pain so badly but we thought he was fine (he jumped on and off the bed, ate, peed) :nope:. I'm here by PM if you need to talk, losing a pet is like losing one of your family members and it's really tough. Keep your head up and give yourself time :hugs:

J_Lynn: sorry to hear about your pet. I know that can be hard :hug:

Congrats on more great scans everyone! I cannot wait for mine. :happydance:

And small world indeed... I'm from Jersey and about 20-30 minutes out from Philly depending on traffic. And now I want sushi! That was like a staple in my diet pre-baby haha ;) Maybe we should get together for a BnB group sushi date! Sushi and spicy queso dip with chips is about alllll that sounds good to me. No food at all is giving me that "oooo that sounds good, I wanna eat it" vibe. :sick:

Well hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Monday ! :kiss:

Wouldn't that be so much fun!!!?
A sushi date with Bnb girls! Lol mmm and spicy quest dip... What are you doing to me now I'm starving!!!!!

J Lynn I'm so sorry girl....I hope you get some answers you need.

Countrymama...so do you not have the option to do the 12 week IPS screening? I mean I know lots of women who turn it down...but shouldn't you have the option to turn it down??? That's the one where they test for downs and all other abnormalities.

Wavescrash....so adorable. Glad everything is good!!

J_Lynn: sorry to hear about your pet. I know that can be hard :hug:

Congrats on more great scans everyone! I cannot wait for mine. :happydance:

And small world indeed... I'm from Jersey and about 20-30 minutes out from Philly depending on traffic. And now I want sushi! That was like a staple in my diet pre-baby haha ;) Maybe we should get together for a BnB group sushi date! Sushi and spicy queso dip with chips is about alllll that sounds good to me. No food at all is giving me that "oooo that sounds good, I wanna eat it" vibe. :sick:

Well hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Monday ! :kiss:

Wouldn't that be so much fun!!!?
A sushi date with Bnb girls! Lol mmm and spicy quest dip... What are you doing to me now I'm starving!!!!!

Naw Ladies your making me homesick haha
My mother in law etc go to Mohegan frequently. We are all going when we visit in November.
My Husbands cousins also line in Jersey (Morristown)

Mmmmmmmmm shrimp sushi! W avocado and mango dipped in soy sauce and topped w ginger, oh and wrapped in crab meat! Omgggggggg i want it now!

Morning girls. I've woke up heaving so bad . Was sick but didn't have nothing to sick up . So was just bile :( x my son keeps waking b4 6am every morning 2 so I'm so tired x

You ladies all made me crave sushi at work today and i didnt get a chance to get any :cry:

I was all geared up for my first midwife appt today but has been shifted as one of her patients was in labour. Now appt is on thursday and my scan is this friday....i am so so nervous now. Just glad i have such a busy week I dont have a chance to think about it too much!

Aww bless u lol. I've got my midwife on thursday to . Still 4 weeks till my scan tho. X hope ur ok x

Hi ladies,
I need some help as once again, that GP I saw on Sunday is freaking me out again! So, after my symptoms disappearing over w/e I got a blood test on Sunday HCG levels 239852 (7w3d), u/s on Monday showed our baby with heart beat of 156 and the sonographer said everything looked perfect. GP had ordered me to have HCG levels again today (despite my u/s looking good) and they came back as 225482 (7w5d). He rang me "concerned" that they had decreased :-(

From the googling I have been doing, it appears that HCG levels can decrease from 8-12 weeks and given mine were in the high range do you think they may have normally decreased off? I mean it would be strange for them to have doubled as it would mean they would be 500000!!! Argh! I was so happy and relieved yesterday and now I am stressed again!!

I wouldn't pay much attention to ur hcg levels hun, but ino its worrying , why is ur doctor still doing hcg levels when uve had ur scan. ? They say the best way to determine the pregnancy is going by the scan once uve seen a heartbeat. X try not to worry x

Midwife in two days :) bloods taken etc. She will also refer me for my scan which will come in the post . Exciting times x

Thanks hon! I am going to call the midwife tomorrow to chat to her.

Good luck with your appointment and scan!

Ruby, here is some detailed info on hcg: https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

Since your levels are so high I think they are just dropping a bit sooner. Dunno why your Dr is even doing betas anymore after seeing a hb. I'm sure all is well <3

Thanks December for the link. My levels have always been high, even with my first test at 3w6d (763) so maybe you are right. X

December: I just looked more at that website you gave me, and this is what it said:

Pregnancy blood hCG levels are not recommended for testing the viability of the pregnancy when the hCG level is well over 6,000 and/or after 6-7 weeks days of the pregnancy. Instead, to test the health of the pregnancy bette at that timer, a sonogram should be done to confirm the presence of a fetal heart beat. Once a fetal heart beat is seen, it is not recommended to check the pregnancy viability with hCG levels. - See more at: https://www.babymed.com/normal-hcg-levels-pregnancy#sthash.KFeNmEz3.dpuf

Thanks so much for that link, it has made me feel so much better xxxx

Tuesday Morning freak out....

Last night I made some home made chicken parm with pasta... omg it came out so good. I ate a plate and started to feel sick. So went to bed with FDH and watched a movie. Around 11 my tummy was killing me. Just brushed it off as I ate too much or whatever. Woke up this morning and went to the bathroom (TMI sorry) and when I wiped I had brown-ish discharge like I do when I'm at the end of my period. Scared me to death. Imp bleeding? Too late for that? Idk... but my nerves are now through the roof and I have no desire to go to work right now.... :nope:

Last night I made some home made chicken parm with pasta... omg it came out so good. I ate a plate and started to feel sick. So went to bed with FDH and watched a movie. Around 11 my tummy was killing me. Just brushed it off as I ate too much or whatever. Woke up this morning and went to the bathroom (TMI sorry) and when I wiped I had brown-ish discharge like I do when I'm at the end of my period. Scared me to death. Imp bleeding? Too late for that? Idk... but my nerves are now through the roof and I have no desire to go to work right now.... :nope:

Not sure I am much help since I have been having freak outs a plenty! However, from what I have read, it is common to have spotting in early pregnancy and is not an issue provided it is not heavy, with severe cramping or bright red. That being said, I know how worry feels and its not good for you so I suggest you go to your doctor or call the OB/ Midwife. xxx

I had a day of brown spotting at 6 weeks. Went on for a few hours and then stopped. It freaked me out too but if its brown you shouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->