MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Ruby, I'm glad you found the website helpful <3. I find it very odd that your doctor is still tracking hcg...mine stopped once I got 8,887 on 5w4d.

I am feeling pretty miserable this morning. My mom suggested that I try some veggie/fruit smoothies to try and get some nutrition so I'm going to attempt that today. I realize I can't keep eating the way I am but I am so repulsed by most food. Just thankful I haven't thrown up again, though I felt like it when I first woke up. Really wish I was on Summer vacation like most teachers but I have to work through :(

He is not my normal GP and to be honest, I don't think he knows a great deal about pregnancy and has a poor bedside manner as well.

That sucks you are finding it hard to eat. When I was feeling nauseous, I was juicing carrot, celery, apple and orange. It is sweet but not too sweet and then at least you know you are getting some good vitamins. If you can stomach milk, you could make a smoothie with banana and yoghurt.

I have found melon is very nice for getting fluids and some nutrition. Even if you're feeling a bit nauseous!

Also, for anyone that is feeling sick a lot - I bought some Seabands yesterday (for travelsickness) and it really seemed to work!!

Not wearing them today but feeling great today! (other than being hungry every half hour haha)

Hi ladies,
I need some help as once again, that GP I saw on Sunday is freaking me out again! So, after my symptoms disappearing over w/e I got a blood test on Sunday HCG levels 239852 (7w3d), u/s on Monday showed our baby with heart beat of 156 and the sonographer said everything looked perfect. GP had ordered me to have HCG levels again today (despite my u/s looking good) and they came back as 225482 (7w5d). He rang me "concerned" that they had decreased :-(

From the googling I have been doing, it appears that HCG levels can decrease from 8-12 weeks and given mine were in the high range do you think they may have normally decreased off? I mean it would be strange for them to have doubled as it would mean they would be 500000!!! Argh! I was so happy and relieved yesterday and now I am stressed again!!

I wouldn't be stressed about it tbh. Once you have a hb, you have a viable pregnancy. I don't know why she insists on doing bloodwork...maybe she doesn't know anything? I think the only surge in the beginning and they start leveling off. I've not had mine tracked so wouldn't know but a friend of mine has had hers done and they stopped checking them after they went over 6k. Good luck and try not to stress too much.

I'm back from my first midwife appointment.....it was an hour drive away which kinda sucked but everythine else was great. She took my blood pressure and I dipped my urine for proteins ect and it was all fine. I got a requisition for an ultrasound I can get anytime after 8 weeks and she said my due date was actually estimated at March 10th and not the 8th. :thumbup: Just basically taking down health information. I got a contact for a chiropractor since I'm super concerned about my spine during pregnancy (huge issue in my family and Ive already had issues with my back) and I was honest about another fight my OH and I got in to last night, she connected me with a referral to a mental health clinic for women during pregnancy and as ashamed as it makes me, I think I need it :cry:

It's so depressing to think I may have to go on medication or have psychiatric care during pregnancy but at this point home isn't feeling healthy and that's number one for getting ready to be a great Mom. I'm just not able to control m emotions and its getting out of hand. I didn't sleep much after the fight and I had to get up early to go to the appointment and now I have to go work 12-8 and then 8-4 tomorrow. Ugh, I can do it!

Ah jesse dont be ashamed if u need the help! Itll make u the best mom u can be :)

Pirates day at school was lovely but far to hot. I was trying to act normal but with the nausea it was hard. But he had a great time and a lovely picnic which my mum made. She even put cheese in it!!!! I'm having serious cheese cravings again >.>

Ugh I'm stuck at work for another 3 hours and I just feel so nauseous. I had to throw away half my lunch because I just couldn't finish it. I just want to go home and curl up in bed lol

JessesGirl :flower: keep your head up and do what's best for YOU and YOUR baby.... happy mommy, happy baby :thumbup:

So0o0o I'm slightly more at ease reading about the spotting.. even though I knew it might happen, and I knew I would freak out...
Dr mailed me a script for a dates/viability ultrasound with a transvag! So I'm excited!! I asked for a Saturday appointment so that my FDH could go and they had ONE appointment!!! It's the first one 7:50 in the am, so, bonus for not having to wait alllll day! :happydance: I cannot wait... I am super excited and anxious all at once.

Food.... ughhhh still have absolutely no desire to eat. Nothing "sounds good". Although I did come home and tear into a pint of Haggen Das Peanut Butter and Chocolate hahaha. :blush: Now that that sugar high should be hitting me soon, I'm going to lay down to nap! I'm exhausted! I actually missed the exit on the highway on my way home from work! :sleep::sleep:

Nap time, study time, exam time, pick up step son, cook dinner, then 2 classes tonight... I'm tired! :coffee::sleep:

Absolutely, JessesGirl, do what you need to do! I've been in counseling before, its NOTHING to be ashamed of!!

Had my appointment yesterday and had bloods drawn. She told me to call this am at 11:30 for results which I did but she was busy and said she'd call me back. Here it is 2:15 and I've gotten nothing. I am going crazy. I just want to know my levels!!!

The lab actually has an app which I'd downloaded a few years ago and viewed results on so I figured I'd try that again. So far they're not available there either!! Agghhh!!!! :(

Thanks Ladies, I'm trying not to beat myself up mentally. I just can't believe I tried to concieve for almost a year, made it through a miscarriage and now this is happening. Why can't I control myself like everyone else? :nope:
You guys make me feel better about it all though, so thank you. :flower:

Minni I hope you get your results ASAP.
SimplyCountry that is awesome you were able to nab a Saturday appointment! That will be so exciting to have your partner there.
Ruby I'm sorry you are going around the run-around of emotions. Dr. sounds like they don't know what they are doing, keep your head up!

Well, I know I should feel better knowing that I had an internal U/S yesterday, which can cause internal agitation; but I'm spotting AGAIN. I am so scared with this stupid spotting, its still has the brown appearance of old blood; but I am freaked out!
If any of you pray, please do. I just want there to be an end to this spotting. :(

Jessesgirl- don't feel ashamed, it is so brave to recognise that you are not coping and seeking out help! Take care of yourself! x

Waiting4damon- I will say a prayer for you, but I am sure everything is fine. Try not to stress (as hard as it is) as it is not good for you or bub! x

Work was tough today, 9 long hours without a break. Craving salmon and penne right now which my DH is picking up for me...can't wait to relax on the couch! Not feeling as sick more just averse to anything I'm not specifically craving. I think those gummy prenatals are helping!

Had stuff chicken tonight for dinner! Delish!!!!
Hope everyone is feeling less sick:)

Woo. Finally caught up!

Great news on all of the good scans! And I can't believe how many are coming up. Mine is in just over a week. I cannot wait. I filled out my history today online, since all records are accessible online. I love that. Hopefully I get ultrasound pics online! As far as I know I get one at my first appointment, so I'm excited. DH should be here for the appointment, so that's good. In case I didn't mention it, my husband is a truck driver. He's only home for a few days at a time every few weeks. It's rough! Thank goodness I have a supportive family and most of them live close by. My mom is right around the corner. Bless her.

Sorry about your loss jlynn. :( It's tough!

JessesGirl- It's a lot to deal with, but nothing to feel ashamed of! I am personally SO sensitive to hormones. I am a hot mess during AF now during pregnancy! I get pretty severe anxiety and depression in waves. Hang in there. You're stronger than you know!

Waiting- Sorry about the spotting. Sending warm thoughts.

:hug: to you ladies!

Morning girls. I woke up gagging and boiling hot . Gna wait awhile and try & eat my belly is empty ! Midwifes tomoz :) hope ur all ok x

Wow what a busy thread! Been reading for aaaages now. Congrats to all those who have seen their tiny little ones on scans! Ive been having a look and am still too early to see much, just a 2mm (ish.. its hard to measure something so small!) sac at the moment! Im next in work on saturday and ill be 5+3 so im hoping to see a slightly bigger sac! (fingers crossed).

5 weeks today.. and i told myself before i got pregnant i will really enjoy being pregnant and not rush time along like last time as this will be my very last time (not having another). Today i think... 5 weeks??? this is dragging!!!!!!!! :yawn:

Don't worry, I found past 6 weeks it has been going a bit quicker. I'm gonna be 8 weeks (already!) on friday! Only 4 weeks till my scan!
Can't wait!! :happydance:

Still waiting for the mw to ring me for an appointment though.... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"