MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Update! Had my scan today!! Little nugget measuring 6w4d, only 2 days ahead of what I thought I was! Not too shabby. Heartbeat was 108
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
Update! Had my scan today!! Little nugget measuring 6w4d, only 2 days ahead of what I thought I was! Not too shabby. Heartbeat was 108

Ahw yay!! Glad to hear everything is ok!!

Hockeywife, didn't you have a scan today???

[/QUOTE]

Your daughters name is Amara? My name is Asmara. It's the closest i've ever seen to someone with a name similar to me besided Samara or Tamara[/QUOTE]

Aww so cute. Ive never come across another Amara, so im really happy we picked out that name. Asmara is beautiful too, not one I have heard before.

Amara and Asamara are such pretty names! I worked a summer camp once and one of the 6 year olds was named Amara. I loved it.

AC1987- I've been getting cramps. Some of them pretty bad if I stretch the wrong way. So far no spotting or bleeding, so I'm hopeful! It is pretty scary though.

My appointment is less than a week away! And DH called last night to tell me he's getting re-routed and won't be home until NEXT weekend. I am so bummed. I cried. He's been gone over 4 weeks already. He hasn't been home since I found out I was pregnant! He is trying his best to be home for the appointment on Thursday.

Ugh that is so heartbreaking you poor thing! One week seems like an eternity when you are already waiting such a long amount of time.....

I've been having increased painful cramping that feels like bad AF cramps, and last night they were really bad. No bleeding or anything else scary and then I wake up today (8 weeks!!!!! Gotta reset my ticker) and my belly has seemed to have appeared! Usually in the morning the bloat is gone but today there is a definite tiny bump! I'm thinking the cramps feeling was my uterus stretching out a little bit? Time will tell!

SimplyCountry - great news on the scan!!!!

Felt pretty good last night but today I threw up first thing upon waking up. Feeling a bit better after some water and crackers. Funny how symptoms really change day to day! Congrats on the great scans ladies! Can't believe we have our first green olive March monkey...time seems to be going slow and fast at the same time!

Hello ladies!

Holy sleep away half the day batman! I knew I felt really tired last night but I didn't expect to sleep for 13 hours! (yay for being a freelance artist... that can't mess around with paint and chemicals now LOL).

I have come to despise the taste of my prenatals, anyone else taking the Nature Made multi prenatal ones? The taste/smell of them didn't bother me until late last week. I have found a trick though, taking them straight after eating something so garlicky that I can't taste them and washing them down with orange and pineapple juice haha, so today they were helped down by the rest of the garlic bread :) that saved me from gagging on them!

I gag on my prenatals sometimes... I've never been good at swallowing pills (especially big ones!!), though I'm alright at it now! But sometimes it doesn't want to go down properly and makes me gag, that's the only time I really taste them and it makes me feel sick! I think it's just the coating mine have.... ugh! :sick:

Hope everyone has been ok today! I felt sick for a while, but felt alright after having my lunch and talking a walk. Am so tired though!! I almost fell asleep several times whilst reading a book on the sofa! (around 4pm!!!) And am now starting to cream in again! It's only 8.30pm here!! :dohh:

Can I ask what you UK ladies are taking atm? I am only taking Folic acid, but feel I should take something more, just to be on the safe side.

Have the constant sick feeling, although I know I wont be, have a terrible cold too.

Can I ask what you UK ladies are taking atm? I am only taking Folic acid, but feel I should take something more, just to be on the safe side.

Have the constant sick feeling, although I know I wont be, have a terrible cold too.

I take 5mg folic acid (high bmi) plus pregnancy vitamins x

Simple country beautiful scan!!

yes had scan. Measured 6w2days so edd has changed for now to march 20.
according to previous early scan at 5w should have been 6+4 so they are doing another viability scan in 2 weeks to make sure the growth is right.
heartbeat measured 115bpm

Currently taking folic acid and vitaminD3. Not sure why but the doctor told me to take it. Waiting for folic acid in liquid forum though as I keep gagging on it! I can't take pregnacare or similar as my bad reacts badly to it due to potassium.

If it makes you feel any better I didn't even take folic acid in my last pregnancy (6 years ago) and he came out fine. He does have autism, but its genetic from my side of the family.

I'm taking the Sanatogen Mum to be vitamins! I took them when I was pregnant with my son (and whilst ttc).

Simple country beautiful scan!!

yes had scan. Measured 6w2days so edd has changed for now to march 20.
according to previous early scan at 5w should have been 6+4 so they are doing another viability scan in 2 weeks to make sure the growth is right.
heartbeat measured 115bpm

Oh yeah, you did post that didn't you?? This thread is hard to keep up with sometimes! :haha: Good to hear everything is ok so far though! I think it's pretty normal for the measurements to be a little off at the early stage, cause they're just so small and it's not totally accurate. Think that's why they don't do the 'dating' scan until 12 weeks in England.

I just had to finish my book, the last part just got really interesting so I HAD to keep reading! :haha: So it's time for bed now (10.35pm) :sleep: Night everyone!!

Hi Ladies,
I'm going to dive right in because I am so emotional and confused. Here is a timeline... If any of you have ideas or answers that would be great. Just so you know I am going in first thing Monday morning to see my doc and get this sorted out. I had a loss in April, so I am just hoping for the best.

June 1st: LMP
July 11th: 1st u/s measuring 5w5d with a heartbeat rate of 107
July 27th: slight spotting (LIGHT pink/brown) for about 2 hours. didn't even come out on a pad, just when I wiped. Decided to go to ER just to double check. Got an ultrasound (abdominal) WITHOUT a completely full bladder. The tech didn't really even dig/push hard. It took about 7 mins.

Doc came in and said "For 10.5 weeks we should see a heartbeat and we don't"....no words...floored...well according to my husband I said..."but I'm only 7 weeks". How did baby grow 4 weeks in 16days???? My first thought after that was....Oh you are reading the wrong report, that must be the report from April. (Miscarried at 13.5 weeks and was measuring at 10.5)

I asked for an vaginal ultrasound to make sure because: I don't believe they got it accurate with the dates so maybe they didn't do a thorough enough job to find heartbeat. He said no and asked if I would like to go ahead and schedule a D/C. I said no thank you...and we left.

So: I realize that I may be in denial and just grasping at straws. I have NEVER not believed everything a doctor has said in my life. I always just assume they know! I have such a strong feeling that they were wrong. The first time I was told no heartbeat at 10.5 weeks and I knew they were right and it was over. I don't necessarily believe that everything is going to be just fine...BUT I guess I should get a second opinion. The spotting has now stopped and I never had any pain or cramping (I did with my last m/c). Does anyone have a clue whats going on?

Oh TT, how scary! And doctors can be so cold sometimes. I for sure think you should get a second opinion. Can you schedule an ultrasound or see your OB? Thinking good thoughts for you!! :hugs:

I'm just taking folic acid and forget that about once a week! Saw the midwife on thursday she said now recommended that all pg women take vit D which i will in the winter but there's no way I'm paying for vit D supplements during a heatwave. I have a better tan now than i did on my honeymoon!! it's bc incidence of rickets are going up but you're only high risk if you rarely go out or cover up all your skin when you're out.

TT that's so hard for you, :hugs: can't offer any insights but keeping fingers crossed that you can get a second opinion from someone more sensitive. my mw won't check for hb until 14 weeks because they don't want to risk a scare over nothing.

TT I would definitely get a second opinion, the external u/s they gave me at 5w6d took forever, at least it felt like it did... it was at least 15-20 mins really though. The internal was about the same, maybe a little longer because she looked closely at my ovaries more than on the external.

My first two miscarriages I had a lot of cramping and bleeding with clots. Painful cramping. My last miscarriage though, no cramping at all... Just bleeding and eventually some clots but nothing like my previous miscarriages.

That being said, I don't think that's what you're dealing with... I'd definitely get a second opinion but just saying my third miscarriage was painless and nothing like my first two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->