MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Woke up feeling very sick, but its settled down now.

Hi Ladies scan went great today saw our lil bean with its heart beat...was such a relief to see! HB rate 137

We are measuring a few days behind... we'll see I'm still sure my dates are right.

I can totally relate to the boobs thing, they are fine in the day unless someone bumps into me or DH trys to grab them but as soon as I have to take my bra off it is like weights pulling down ouchh!

My nausea was nearly not there this morning (possibly I was so nervous for the scan I did not notice it) then boom in the afternoon it got me. I am also getting so tired I just wanted to sleep as soon as I got to work:sleep::sleep::sleep:

At what stage of the pregnancy did your sickness start and for the ladies who no longer experience it...when did it stop?

With my son I was sick throughout the entire pregnancy...im just hoping its no the same this time round! xx

It started around 6 weeks for me, and only lasted till about 7+4.
It was really weird, last monday i felt awful all day, worst it had been for me! Usually it was just if i was hungry but that time it was all day, no matter how much or what i ate... then i bought some seabands (for travelsickness) and they seemed to work. But ever since that monday i haven't felt sick (and not been needing to wear the bands). So mine didn't last very long at all - if it is indeed gone that is!

Hi Ladies scan went great today saw our lil bean with its heart beat...was such a relief to see! HB rate 137

We are measuring a few days behind... we'll see I'm still sure my dates are right.

I can totally relate to the boobs thing, they are fine in the day unless someone bumps into me or DH trys to grab them but as soon as I have to take my bra off it is like weights pulling down ouchh!

My nausea was nearly not there this morning (possibly I was so nervous for the scan I did not notice it) then boom in the afternoon it got me. I am also getting so tired I just wanted to sleep as soon as I got to work:sleep::sleep::sleep:

awww so happy for you seeing your little bean and that all is well! :thumbup:

I am currently in bed, just woke up an hour ago and am very seriously considering taking a nap right now! I keep getting so tired but this morning I had an appetite and my stomach was feeling good... then I read your comment and now I am like "dang it!!!" I bet thats going to be my day! give it another hour or two and I will be just as nauseous as I have been in the past few days.

as for boobs, last night was the first night in ages that I was able to sleep without a sports bra on, I even slept on my stomach! woohoo!:happydance:

This pregnancy-brain is killing me! I got all the way to work this morning before remembering my 9 am OB appointment (all the way back home). I think I drove at the speed of light, but I was still 10 min late. Doh!

Hi girls. I'm not to sick today. I think if I eat I'm not as sick its just I don't have an appetitie so hard to eat. I kinda hate wen I don't feel sick because even tho I hate it makes me feel pregnant x

My doctor picked up the heartbeat with the Doppler! 160s. :)

Morning ladies,

I had my appt with my primary/gp on wed, found out that the hospital had never sent my records over from either my little ER trip last week, or even longer ago when I had emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed back in Jan :dohh:. The appt went well, she had me take another pregnancy test... I think that's #6 now LOL and she took some bloods just for her records and to reassure us. She even think's my numbers are high enough for twins especially as they jumped 10k+ in two days when the doubling rate should be starting to slow down.

Only downside was that we ended up waiting almost an hour to see our dr and I was ready for a nap lol :sleep:, mind you she is a wonderful dr and she definitely makes up for the wait. She helped fight our insurance company and the silly way neurology appts are booked through UCLA when hubby had Bells Palsy a few years ago. And I think she's awesome because she gave me a repeat prescription for the Zofran for a 60 count with a lot of refills hehe.

On the 31st I should have a scan at our first OB appt too :happydance:

So sorry you're all having such a hard time with ms and appetites!
Can't really relate on the boob thing, but that could be because I refuse to take my bra off!!!! lol. Although, when showering I feel the heaviness!

LisK - how wonderful!!!
Disney - Oooo. Twins?! That would be exciting!!

So, the good news is my mom was ecstatic! She nearly jumped up from the table at dinner to hug us!! :haha::happydance:

The bad news, DF's mom wasn't so happy... She said "What?! How far along?" So we told her and she proceded with "I don't know what else you want me to say." I was devastated. Since her reaction, I haven't even felt excited myself. I just feel terrible. I think her reaction had such a big influence on me because we live with his parents, and if she's not ok with it I'm afraid we'll be out of a place to live. I just don't know. I'm severely depressed after this. :sad1: After we told her, DF continued telling all his close friends and then asked me if I had told anyone else. I haven't. I just don't feel like telling anyone else now. :nope:

Ugh Mindy what a horrible reaction! How rude to rain on your parade like that. I can see why that upset you. :(

:hugs: Mindy, DH's Aunt was like that with his cousins when they lived with her and announced their third pregnancy. She was really vocal on not approving of another baby in the house even though she had pretty much demanded they move in with her after their second. Our cousin ended up moving out with the kids just after she'd had the baby and her DF followed shortly after (once he'd stopped her from throwing all their baby stuff and the kids toys and clothes out). DH's Aunt would force them to have visitors in their tiny little room and constantly complain until it got to be too much. None of ever really understood why she's so mean to them, she calls our cousin a bad mother when she is the complete opposite! Those girls love their mummy :thumbup:

We're thankful that DH's brother and sister-in-law pulled a big hoo-har over nothing at Easter last year. They made DH's sister cry over things they said over the phone and via text. Anyway long and short of it is they tore the family apart in one day... but to be honest DH, SIL, her family and I are kinda glad we don't have to deal with them anymore :blush: The first time I met the one my dad nicknamed Drunkaline, she asked if we were planning on getting married and having kids, we said yes when the time is right. To which she shot off to the kitchen and came back and shoved prenatals at me and said they didn't want any deformed babies in the family :wacko: How else was I supposed to take that other than feeling severely offended and wondering what on earth she thought was wrong with DH or I to immediately shove them in my hands? Thankfully after being around her too much I learned that she's just spiteful and I just caught the tail end of what others have suffered from her over the years. My MIL say's she's just very insecure, I personally think that's a lame excuse. I'm just happy that they avoid talking to us now as I think they're embarrassed over their actions but are too snobbish to ever apologize because I would be getting the fourth degree on this that and the other to do and not do during pregnancy, especially as they seem to have no respect for my nursing training and the fact I did several months of work in an early pregnancy clinic/unit and know a lot more than she does. Good gosh I would knock their heads together if I thought it would do any good!

Everyone else we've told however has been overjoyed for us, I'm kind of ok with DH telling our network of family and friends so early after little bleeding scare. He has it right, tell our little world and be happy, love baby for as long as we have him/her and deal with problems as they happen. He admitted he never knew he would or could feel so attached to baby so early on, his oohh's and ahh's at the ultrasound in the ER were just as awesome to hear as it was seeing the scan <3

Scheduled my 12 week NT scan for August 16. :)

Awe minni that stinks she said that! Maybe shes just kind of shocked? Wouldit be her first grandchild?

I remember my own mother, when i told her ( mind u i was married and we just bought our own house) still said, oh are u ready for that?--- like really mom? Im 27 years old, ave a great job, im married, this was planned.... Not even a congrats! My own mother! I talked to her the next day and told her how upset i was, she apologized, but u could tell she didnt think we were ready, boy did iprove her wrong! She abs loves ella....when i told her about #2, she says...... Ohh, dont u use protection?! Lmao, lets just say sh doesnt think before she speaks, ever! Now my mil, forget it ive never seen a woman so ecstatic or in love w her grandchild!

Hello ladies.....can I join you? Due 29th March.....all still very early days!

My sister was like that... I understood the first time, because she was trying for a long time and kept losing the baby. But now she's had her little girl and when I told everyone I was pregnant she was the only one not to reply! She didn't even say anything at all.... My SIL rang me up cause she wanted to say congrats over the phone (I whatsapped my family about it, cause they all live abroad). And I told her that my sister hadn't even said anything and my SIL said: it's probably cause she wants another... and I was like: She just had one 7 months ago!! And she knew it was coming for us as I had a mc last year (which my sister was quite rude about aswell, she wasn't even happy for us, she just thought we weren't in the right position - financially - to have another).
My sister just is very judgemental and treats me as if I'm still 5 years old, cause I'm the youngest (she's 8 years older than me).
When I was pregnant with Lucas she told me aswell that she didn't like it that I kept posting things on FB about it, but I only did it cause I wanted my family to be able to be involved and know how things were going and stuff, and ofcourse I did think about her and tried not to put too much up! But she sent me a horrible email, it was so bad I didn't even want to be pregnant anymore!!! I cried my eyes out!! Almost crying now, just thinking about it!

Wow to your sister! :hugs:

Welcome meadows, you found us! lol

Oooh and DH's evil SIL had twins back in Jan, she's claiming they're identical :haha: separate sacs, separate yolks on their first scan and every scan afterwards, she seems to think that because they shared a placenta once it'd formed that made them identical. I'm so glad we're not on speaking terms or I'd put her straight. I tried to tell DH's parents there's no way they're identical, it's inevitable that their placentas would merge when they implanted so close to each other. Heck my boy-girl twin cousins shared a placenta and there's no way they could be identical :winkwink:

I think she will literally have a fit if they do find twins on our scan, I'm still not 100% convinced there will be, DH on the other hand has been saying hello babies to my tummy since our dr suggested my hcg was high enough.

P.s. has anyone's other half been talking to your tummy already even if you tell them that baby can't hear them yet? I find it highly comical, our great nephew does it too! He'll come into the apt if we leave the door open (we've got a corner upstairs and downstairs apt, he walks past ours to get to see his friend at the end of the building) and he will pat my tummy gently and say hello!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->