March 2018 Testers - Irish luck for a Hoppy Easter! 11 BFP & counting!

Hi everyone,
Its been a while since i posted but now ttc #3. Had my mirena coil taken out in January. AF is due on friday so ill be testing then if no af arrives. Had 4 days of nausea and cramping started today but i read pms symptoms can increase in your late 30’s so could be that.

Sezz - I must have missed your post! I have you added to test Friday! Best of luck!!

Phantom - Oh my that would be such a shock. I'm so happy your partner is so supportive, though! It would be so surreal to me to look at my son after finding something like that. That against all odds you have your little boy with you!

Zoboe - That's definitely a BFP! Let me know if you're ready and I'll mark it!

I'm so sorry about AF ladies. I'd say I'll see you next month, but I'm out until May. I wanted an October or November baby.. wanted to avoid Dec/Jan. So here's hoping for a February!

I think my charts are so messed up due to breastfeeding. I was looking at other breastfeeding charts and they're pretty jagged a lot of the times. My little guy has been pretty needy so I probably didn't ovulate. It's all good. Just going to work on weaning and losing some more weight.

Thankyou so much Alijo your message really cheered me up , i need to stop feeling so negative and remind myself how lucky i already i am x Atleast i know where i stand now and why i wasnt falling x Just gonna take everyday as it comes x research into treatments and if i get pregnant its a bonus if not i my gorgeous boy and my lovely partner x

The surgeon said the walls were thin, like cutting through paper :-( so i guess that includes lining

Blimey, they could have been clearer on that. I just wondered if they meant your lining is really thin, I had a thin lining too and the things I did this time to help thicken it I'm assuming worked because the furthest we got before were chemicals, usually not going past when af would have been due.
I don't know if it will be of any help to you but I drank 200ml of pomegranate juice daily from end of af to just before ovulation, took extra vitamin E, drank fertility tea (red clover, nettle, raspberry leaf & peppermint) from end of af to ovulation. I also took soy isoflavones but a low dose, CD3-CD7. I don't know how much you know about it, but it's definitely not something I would have done without really researching it first, because as much as there are many success stories there are also some whose cycle it messed up.
I also took extra D3 and extra folic acid and used a hot water bottle on my feet and uterus area

Thankyou so much for advice cupcake x im willing to try anything will show my partner your post tonight so hopefully we will come up with a battle plan :) ive heard acupuncture can help , might give that a try as i dont think it could hurt :) project beat the odds!

That's pretty much what I was thinking at that point too. Especially after reading a thin lining isn't as easy to fix as it may sound. But it's definitely doable! Acupuncture can really help, I have had it before but I was concentrating more on my anxiety. If nothing else it will help you feel super relaxed which will only help in ttc

You can mark it Alijo, I think I believe it at last...went to the doctor today, he was pretty useless, but has given me details of midwife at hospital to get in touch with, so I'll do that soon. Finally started feeling symptoms today, makes me really happy, but I'm sure I'll be fed up with it soon enough!!

On a side note, I realised last night that id seen your name before! ...I had a pregnancy scare in 2016 (I was on bcp, and still at uni) and I followed the Jan 17 group for a while! (Was never brave enough to speak up at that point, and it didn't end up being pregnancy anyway!

Phantom, I have heard of women having really thin uterus's. But it being different than the lining. A lady I know was told she had a super thin uterus after her 4th c-section and to not attempt to get pregnant again. Because it may rupture during labor. But she got pregnant again anyway and all was fine thankfully, but was told to not have anymore because it could be dangerous. She hasn't had any more since then. So I'm not sure if that's what you have? I dont think it affected her chances of getting pregnant, just made it more risky but much less so if you have a c-section before you go into labor

Zoboe - That's so neat! I know I recognize a lot of people and I always want to be all "Hey how are you?!" Like we're old time pals :haha:

Thankyou ashley x im not entirely sure i assumed it was all one thing, i wasnt told much , all the surgeon said was how my uterus was paper thin. Wasnt warned of rupture or anything , think im gonna have to have a word with the gp. I wasnt told about it during the pregnancy, wouldnt thin lining of shown on ultrasounds?

Hi! Please add me on March 24th!

Hey everyone, I took a good break from the forum. Missed reading all of your stories, but I needed sometime to not think about TTC for a bit. I am sure you have all been there! Congrats to those with BFP's so far and I am sorry for those moving on to April.

I have a random question...Is it possible to ovulate BEFORE an LH surge is detected on an OPK? OR can I ovulate when my temp is already up, then go back down? I ask because I had a huge BBT spike (2 days in a row) which made FF (and myself) think I had ovulated early. But, I did not get a positive OPK until 4pm (8am was neg) on the DAY OF the first temp spike. Check out my chart, below. I was out of town for work the 5th-9th, hence the lack of BD :growlmad:

This is my first month on Femara. Wondering if it affected things. REALLY hope I didn't actually ovulate until Friday night/Saturday, like normal.

Any advice is appreciated!!

Ashley, that's what I was wondering, did they mean uterine lining or the whole thing. Some clarification would be good. You would think they'd have been clear.

Phantom, I wonder if it depends on what the ultrasound is for. The only reason they looked at my lining was because it was a pelvic scan regarding my fertility to see if there were any obvious problems. There weren't except for a really thin lining, which usually makes it impossible for anything to implant properly.
It sounds like from what Ashley said, if it's a thin uterus, you may not have problems becoming pregnant but it may be risky for you, and I'm guessing baby too, later on. But with a thin lining you will almost definitely have problems becoming or staying pregnant for long

Lulu...this is what my RE told me about bbt: she said that it is no longer the gold standard indicator of ovulation and that a lot of factors can play into a bbt spike. She also told me that OPKs are MUCH better indicators of when ovulation is occurring. It is possible that you had a surge and took the test just before the surge (and therefore not detected) or took the test too late after your surge (and also therefore not detected, though much less likely). I'm pretty sure bbt also has to stay elevated for a minimum of three days to confirm ovulation, but again, it's not a gold standard.

For instance, before I was able to start my first IUI cycle, I was waiting for AF to show up. It was really late and I suspected that I might have ovulated on my own (which is remarkable for me) and when I started temping in the mornings, I thought I had confirmed Ovulation because I had 18 days of higher than normal temperatures after having 2 days of normal pre-o temps. I had not, in fact ovulated, and I certainly wasn't pregnant (my lining was WAY too thin for implantation, though I didn't know it at the time).

Some science to also help answer your question: LH (luteinizing hormone - also why the post-O phase of a cycle is referred to as the Luteal phase) surges in order to trigger ovulation. During the follicular phase (pre-o phase of cycle), typically one follicle matures and grows to be anywhere between 18mm and 24mm in diameter. That is known as the dominant follicle and the one that will release the egg. In order for your follicles to mature, estrogen rises, which also helps renew and grow your uterine lining (necessary for healthy implantation and pregnancy until the 2nd trimester when the placenta takes over nutrition and protection - also why pregnancies are more viable after the 12 week point). If you have a digital OPK, the flashy face (CB digitals), has detected a rise in estrogen, which will cue a rise in luteinizing hormone. When you get the solid face, that means the test has detected the LH surge, indicating that you will ovulate within the next 24-36 hours. When your bbt spikes, ovulation has already occurred. Progesterone is responsible for the temp spike and was released from the follicle along with the mature egg. Progesterone is absolutely necessary for a healthy implantation and pregnancy, again, up to the 12th week, when the placenta takes over. You will not have a post-O bbt spike without the extra progesterone in your system. That being said, progesterone can be low, as was in my case during my first IUI cycle, but when I O'd, I still had a temp spike, which was maintained a week later when my doctor put me on progesterone suppositories because my levels were a bit lower than they'd like to see.

OPKs help women to get pregnant because they detect when the body is within 24-36 hours of ovulation. If you BD up to five days before O, but more particularly on the day of O (before you'll see a bbt spike), you have a chance of getting pregnant (20% per cycle in healthy couples). After you've seen a temp spike, it is officially too late to fertilize an egg, because the egg only lives 12-24 hours. Sperm, however, can live up to five days, which is why OPKs are helpful, because they can help couples time things appropriately. The more sperm there are waiting for a healthy egg, the more likely that egg will be fertilized, but the egg won't wait for the sperm. Of course, a fertilized egg doesn't guarantee pregnancy...it'll take another 6-12 days for that egg (now called a blastocyst), to implant in the uterus. If successful implantation does not occur, the woman will get her period and a new cycle will begin.

That's a super long-winded explanation, but I've been doing this for a really long time now and do really know quite a bit more about the female reproductive system than I ever deigned to imagine once upon a time. Please feel free to ask more questions and I'll see if I can answer them for you!

Making a baby really is a scientific experiment. Our bodies aren't all created the same, either, so what's true for one woman (beyond the science I explained above, as that is true for everyone), might not be true for another woman. I'm sorry this cycle is turning out to be so confusing for you and I hope good things come from it! :hugs:

LuLu, yes it is possible. It's unusual though, but isn't impossible. From what I have read, the older we are, the closer out LH surge is to ovulation and sometimes it can show after ovulation has happened. This tends to be in those 40+, apparently.
I can say that this time whilst the app did pin ovulation on the day I first got a positive OPK, I had a temp increase the following day but that day I also had an even stronger positive OPK and more pains, which hasn't happened before. Sometimes our bodies do random things

Hi everybody! I’m Jenny, I’m currently 12 dpo and anxious to take another test, but I will wait until at least tomorrow. AF due Sunday.
Been symptom spotting since 1 dpo, even though I promised myself I wouldn’t do it this time... ooops 🙈🙈
Anyway, almost everyone of my symptoms are gone today, which is kind of discouraging.. I’m feeling a little bit queasy, but I think that might just be in my head.

Sooo, how are you girls doing? 😊
I so need to talk to people who know about the tww and the agony that comes along 😛

Thankyou ashley x sounds like either scenario isnt very good x im starting to lean towards it being thin uterus walls due to the fact that i have got my son and the issues i had in his pregnancy seem to be symptoms of it (lack of nutrients etc) x gonna go drs 2moz so fingers crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->