March 28th Due Date Buddies?

Glad to hear you are doing well lex!

Porter arrived last night at 1055pm. He was 8lb 10oz, 21.75", and doesnt have much hair but what he has is blonde and strawberry blonde! ZERO idea where this hair came from! Started the induction at 830am and only had an hour and ten minutes of pushing! He threw us a curve ball by deciding to come out transverse, but the doc managed to turn him before forceps had to be used! so happy! He's currently sound asleep on my chest while I type this. So exhausted, but so in bliss!

Wow, that was definitely a curve. But glad everything went well. Congrats on your son. Hmmmm......this is your first.....do I see anymore in your forecast in the farrrrrr future, lol!!!!! Just kidding, enjoy him as long as you can. They grow up so quick. When people used to ask me that question I used to tell them let me get through my pregnancy, labor, and enjoy my LO before you ask me that!!!!!

Haha Lexus, same here.

I did want a third, but I'm still awake at 4am and now thinking I will stop at two kids haha.

haha lex! My husband is always talking about the next one. I have always said "uh...let's get through this one first and then we will talk about another" lol!

We are actually at the hospital again. Porter's bilirubin levels have been high and doing nothing but climbing since Sunday. His pediatrician saw us today and sent us down to the hospital immediately for admission to get him under the bilibulbs because the poor kid is just so jaundice :( We are expecting to be here for about 24 hrs. Our hospital nursery is full up on rooms too so we are being an incredibly cozy family in an incubator room inside the special nursery. P hates not being swaddled and has spent the majority of his time so far screaming. Ive spent the majority of my time feeling totally helpless and fighting back tears. This sucks a lot.

little lady trust me, I know what you mean!!!

Athena, massive and huge hugs to you and yours. Awwww that sucks. I really think it hurts the parents sometimes more than the LO's. Yes, being swaddled in the first days of life and there after means everything. My daughter was pricked on her foot multiple times, I was hurt more than her!!!! Keep us updated.

Athena BIGGGGG hugs , mrs city any news yet ?!xx Islay had a weigh in on Tuesday and she was 9lb11 !!!! :wacko: x she has packed on the weight I can't quite believe it ! We have a few little issues , she has to see the paediatric orthopaedic team as her left foot is twisted in , both were at birth but the right one has straightened up. Then her health visitor noticed that her fontanelle has closed by a third in a week so she has a referral to see our gp and then possibly another hopsital referral to have her skull xrayed and monitored .... I'm so worried but know that it's stuff that can be fixed . But i wouldn't be a normal mama if I didn't panic about my babykins .... Xx

Hope she is okay mrsb, it is a worry but I'm sure all will be well.

Nothing happening for me, having another sweep at half past two so fingers crossed! Xx

9 lb 11, wow! Are you breast or formula? Joel gets weighed again tomorrow, he had lost a bit but hoping he's put it back on plus more.

Sorry to hear you've got referrals etc, you must be so worried but I bet it will all be ok. When you say a twisted foot, is that talipes? My first had that at birth due to positioning in the womb, the h v gave me some exercises to do with her and it had gone by 6 weeks although she still has a curly toe.

9 lb 11, wow! Are you breast or formula? Joel gets weighed again tomorrow, he had lost a bit but hoping he's put it back on plus more.

Sorry to hear you've got referrals etc, you must be so worried but I bet it will all be ok. When you say a twisted foot, is that talipes? My first had that at birth due to positioning in the womb, the h v gave me some exercises to do with her and it had gone by 6 weeks although she still has a curly toe.

Yeah , it's basically because she was so squished bless her her ! The exercises have straightened one foot up , it will just be a soft splint she needs to keep it straight all the time . :thumbup: I'm breastfeeding ! The verdict is I'm producing gold top lol :haha: Islay lost 7oz and was 7lb14 when she came home at 3days. Then was 8lb10 a week later . . . Then another 8days after that 9lb11 !! My little chunky monkey :cloud9:

Cor how much room did she want, seeing as you measured about 100cm by the time she was born lol.

That's amazing milk you must have there! A lb a week, that's fantastic weight gain. I'm breastfeeding too, I have one flat nipple so it takes Joel about 20 mins to latch on that side, bless him. He gets so distressed about it :(

I'm breastfeeding too, I have one flat nipple so it takes Joel about 20 mins to latch on that side, bless him. He gets so distressed about it :(

I have a flat nipple too and this time I have baught Lanisoh Latch Assist, its a tiny pippette pump thing that put it on your nipple and it makes it stick up straight away. I feel it looks promising! Am hoping it may help, maybe worth a google for you if little one is struggling?

Good luck with it all. I love breastfeeding once its established!

Thanks mrscity, will have a Google! I like it too, I enjoyed feeding my daughter and hoping once we solve the latch thing this will feel better too. I keep forgetting to change my breast pads and then catch whiffs of stale cheese... GROSS! lol.

Any signs yet?

Had period pains and strong bh all day but that's it :( baby is just too comfy I guess! Got induction booked for Thursday if all else fails... XXx

Thanks mrscity, will have a Google! I like it too, I enjoyed feeding my daughter and hoping once we solve the latch thing this will feel better too. I keep forgetting to change my breast pads and then catch whiffs of stale cheese... GROSS! lol.

Any signs yet?

:haha:ugh I hate the smell every morning I can't wait to get in the shower and wash off the hot sour milky smell :sick:

I used to have an inverted nipple and my nipples are quite flat , but I've found tat they tend to pop out a little after a few weeks of breastfeeding. They were very sensitive for the first few weeks aswell but now I'm pain free and latching is much easier now :thumbup: :hugs:

Good stuff, hope mine will as well. How is Islay three weeks old already?!

Hi all--hope everyone is doing well! This thread has been so quite! Guess we're just pretty busy ;)

P came home from the hospital about 18 hours after starting the phototherapy. His levels were labeled as "low risk" rather than "high risk" by then so they let us go. His coloring went back to yellow again pretty quickly, and I took him back to have it checked this Tuesday. It was the same as it was the week before when they released us from the hospital, but with bilirubin levels they are supposed to go DOWN with age, and a baby that is over 7 days old should have a level of 10 or under, and his is 13.3. He's too old for it to still be newborn jaundice, as that ends at 1 week of life, and he now has a fancy jaundice called breast milk jaundice--which only happens in up to 2.4% of babies and tends to run in families (we do not have any history of this in our families), and basically means there is an agent in my milk that is blocking certain proteins access to his liver. Because the level is just slightly above normal, nothing is being done. Which is okay with me as long as he doesn't get worse. It's been a long couple weeks around here!

I had to go back to the doctor this week myself as I ended up with an infection...and may have let it go a little too long. Had a good fever and chills and aches so figured I should probably go. Got some antibiotics that I am taking 4 times a day (giant pain!) but am feeling a little better. The fever and chills are gone but still have a decent amount of pain. Have to go back again on Monday for a following up.

Took him in for his 2 week check up today and he has gained a pound and grown an inch since last week! Little chunker :) Nursing is going well, he's eating every 2 hours during the day (even if I have to wake him up for it) and on demand at night, which is usually every 3ish hours. Still waiting for his cord to fall off!

I think that's the full update for us for now ;)

Cool update Athena. I've never heard of breast milk jaundice, glad they aren't too worried though. Joel was a little jaundiced but it must have just been the newborn kind as it went fairly quickly.

Was it mastitis you had? I got it with my eldest, fortunately I managed to catch it before it turned nasty but I remember the chills and fever, I felt so ill!

As for Joel and me, we're doing well. I get him weighed Thursday so not sure where he's at, last week he had put on back up to his birth weight plus an oz so hopefully he should he around the 8lb mark now. Feeding is going ok, he was cluster feeding a lot but that's slowing down now and he's doing better at night too - he just slept a 4 hour block which was nice for me!

Think the baby blues are all done and dusted with, I still feel tired but not panicky like I did last week. Hubby goes back to work today and I feel fine about it. The hardest bit is when toddler and baby are crying at the same time but I've devised a way of holding them both at the same time which is helpful lol.

Ha! I can't imagine two criers! Other than screening for five hours straight the one day we attempted newborn pictures, P hasn't been a crazy crier so far. He's still working in his day/ night situation too so I'm very jealous of your four hours! P seems to sleep 9-1, be awake from 1-5, then sleep until about 8. But I'm not complaining about getting 6 hrs of sleep... Ha!

I have a pretty super UTI from the catheter they put in with the epidural. Stinks :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->