March 28th Due Date Buddies?

Lex I've been thinking about you! Hope your labor went well!

Quiet on this thread! Makes me nervous since we're all either passed or approaching DD!

Went back to the doc yesterday and she did a strip. Still only 1cm. She said "I can stretch it to 2!" and I'm laying there thinking "YEA...I CAN TELL" ;) Had lots of cramping yesterday from the strip and spotting, not much today. And unless my kiddo decides to come on his own beforehand, I am scheduled for an induction on Friday at 730am :) Hopefully we'll have a baby by this weekend! But, since I'm not 42 weeks, they don't consider it an emergent situation (which I suppose it isn't!) so if I call in on Friday morning and they are too busy it may have to wait a couple days.

Either way, I'm super excited :)

Yeah, hope you got on ok Lexus!

Athena - you're being induced 1 day after due date? I guess it's different guidelines in the US, here they wouldn't do so until 12 days after. I've got an induction booked for Tuesday 2nd April, all they will do is break my waters though as I'm now 2 to 3cm dilated, soft and effaced. Midwife said there is no reason why I shouldn't be in labour so it's just a waiting game for me. I would rather go naturally than be induced though, but just my personal preference. Good luck for you, at this rate I will be the last in this thread haha.

Lex I've been thinking about you! Hope your labor went well!

Quiet on this thread! Makes me nervous since we're all either passed or approaching DD!

Went back to the doc yesterday and she did a strip. Still only 1cm. She said "I can stretch it to 2!" and I'm laying there thinking "YEA...I CAN TELL" ;) Had lots of cramping yesterday from the strip and spotting, not much today. And unless my kiddo decides to come on his own beforehand, I am scheduled for an induction on Friday at 730am :) Hopefully we'll have a baby by this weekend! But, since I'm not 42 weeks, they don't consider it an emergent situation (which I suppose it isn't!) so if I call in on Friday morning and they are too busy it may have to wait a couple days.

Either way, I'm super excited :)

Just wondering what a 'strip' is? Is it what they call a sweep here?

xx

yes, strip and sweep are the same thing :) My technical due date is today, so it will be a few days later. I did actually ask for the induction though, as several of my friends in the past few months have had babes a week or two late and every one of them has ended up in the nicu with meconium poisoning and there's no health reason I can't go now and try to avoid that if possible!

yes, strip and sweep are the same thing :) My technical due date is today, so it will be a few days later. I did actually ask for the induction though, as several of my friends in the past few months have had babes a week or two late and every one of them has ended up in the nicu with meconium poisoning and there's no health reason I can't go now and try to avoid that if possible!

Good luck! Hope it all works xxx

I'm stalking this thread like crazy ladies !!! So excited for you all xx

I had baby Joel today at 12 noon :) he weighed 7lb 6 which was a massive surprise as my first was 5 lb 15 and this ne looked even tinier.

Had a forceps delivery after 12 hours of contractions start to finish, had an epidural after 6 hours. So got my vbac! Yay!

Will write full birth story later.

Thanks Athena. How are you getting on?

Had a rough night and almost collapsed from tiredness - fortunately I had a great midwife who recognised I was struggling and took baby for a few hours. He's still asleep now and I've had some rest so feel a lot better again.

He is perfect though and I can't wait to get home today!!

Are you already home, Lady? How long do they keep you at hospital there?

I'm doing fine. So tired and exhausted, but feeling a little different. Still on for the induction tomorrow, but I honestly think even without the induction I would probably be in labor by the end of the weekend.

Sooooo sorry ladies for the long MIA. I have been adjusting to having a newborn again. Not to mention we had so many visitors from out of town. I was so tired I had to stop the visitors, just could not handle it anymore. My water broke on March 19th and I had my LO on March 20th after being in natural labor for 24 LONG hours and 16 minutes. She was 8 pounds and 4 ounces, 18 inches long. She is perfect. We are so happy and complete.

Glad to hear you are doing well lex!

Porter arrived last night at 1055pm. He was 8lb 10oz, 21.75", and doesnt have much hair but what he has is blonde and strawberry blonde! ZERO idea where this hair came from! Started the induction at 830am and only had an hour and ten minutes of pushing! He threw us a curve ball by deciding to come out transverse, but the doc managed to turn him before forceps had to be used! so happy! He's currently sound asleep on my chest while I type this. So exhausted, but so in bliss!

Congrats Athena! And Lexus again.

Athena I came home the day after I had him, I felt ok to be discharged and I get very little rest in hospitals. Having said that I feel extremely sleep deprived at the mo, baby blues are kicking in and milk is coming in too so I feel and look a wreck haha.

Joel is so perfect, I am soooo in love. Lexus I know what you mean about visitors, I had too many yesterday and felt really shattered.

Think we have all had our babies now?

Nope still waiting! Congratulations though, I have baby envy!

Xxxx

I know the feeling... But now he's here time is just zooming past, we can't win either way lol.

:happydance: WOOOOYAAAAAY :happydance: so pleased for you all xx mrs city spreading babydust for you xxx

Thanks Athena. How are you getting on?

Had a rough night and almost collapsed from tiredness - fortunately I had a great midwife who recognised I was struggling and took baby for a few hours. He's still asleep now and I've had some rest so feel a lot better again.

He is perfect though and I can't wait to get home today!!

Super congrats little lady. I don't know how I missed you and Athena's news, interesting. Nevertheless, so glad you and baby are home and doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->