March BFP's sharing the first weeks together!

Oh and the eating constantly to keep the morning sickness under control...UGH!!! So sick of it!!!

I'm with both of you...I have all of the above! I am wearing my stretchy pants these days as all my others are uncomfortable! I don't know if it has to with being heavy to begin with, but the bloating is out of control and makes me look and feel huge!! And I swear my tummy is feeling a little harder than usual (DH mentioned it too), even though everyone keeps telling me it must all be in my head this early!

Well for what it's worth I DONT think it's all in your head! But I know how you feel people keep telling me I can't even have symptoms yet and here I am with symptoms lol It's so frustrating, maybe we just notice them more b/c we have tried so hard!

Thanks...I know it isn't because DH has noticed too and he doesn't notice anything that isn't blatantly obvious like most men, lol!!

And I had symptoms at 4w4d...heck I had symptoms at 3w4d! Oh well...pregnancy is one of those things that a lot of people have gone through, therefore, it seems to make everyone an expert on pregnancy in their minds! I just smile and nod like I'm listening, :winkwink: .

I'm having to eat every 3 hours to keep my nausea at bay, too. And I'm definitely wearing more comfy pants. Eating so often hasn't made me gain any weight yet, but I'm feeling bloated and my regular pants just are too tight.

I'm with both of you...I have all of the above! I am wearing my stretchy pants these days as all my others are uncomfortable! I don't know if it has to with being heavy to begin with, but the bloating is out of control and makes me look and feel huge!! And I swear my tummy is feeling a little harder than usual (DH mentioned it too), even though everyone keeps telling me it must all be in my head this early!

Well for what it's worth I DONT think it's all in your head! But I know how you feel people keep telling me I can't even have symptoms yet and here I am with symptoms lol It's so frustrating, maybe we just notice them more b/c we have tried so hard!

It's sad that people think you couldn't have symptoms yet. It's sad that so many women are that disconnected from their bodies. A former coworker of mine didn't know she was pregnant until she was almost six months along. My SIL didn't know until five months. You can say you notice them because you were trying but really it's just because you know your body. Maybe trying is what taught you to know your body but dh and I weren't trying. We have an eight month old and didn't go back on bc because the dr said it wasn't likely we would conceive again without help again. And I still knew I was pregnant. I waited to test because I thought I was crazy and imagining things. I finally broke down and tested after a few days of the symptoms not going away. Based on my hcg and the first scan, I found out at 12dpo. Before I even would have missed a period. (my cycles are crazy from breastfeeding so I had no idea when to expect af anyway) Anyway, my point is if you know your body, you will know when you are pregnant even if you haven't been trying.

I am so fed up of eating stodgy foods. But it's all I can stomach! I really want this to pass soon.

I agree about early symptoms. With my DD I knew I was pregnant at 8dpo, I just knew so wasn't surprised when a test confirmed it. (We were trying)
Then a few months ago we weren't trying yet but I woke up one day and knew I was pregnant, so I went and bought a test and sure enough it was positive (again 8dpo) unfortunately that pregnancy didn't stick.
This time we were trying and again I knew, I tested at 10dpo and was positive. I started feeling sick at 4weeks and have been sick since.

My SIL didn't realise she was pregnant until 14 weeks she thought she was just under the weather.

I have no idea how you can get to 6 months pregnant and not realise!

Hi Bernie!!
I agree. I dont see how you can get 6 months and not know. I have never been sick like this in my life. Guess she was one of the lucky ones that didnt get as sick.
I couldnt keep anything down the other day. Started taking some meclizine and it seems to have helped. Dont want to keep taking it if I dont need it though so, waiting to see what today holds.
I have been so tired and sleeping 12 hours a night. I just feel so off and everything has taken the backseat for now.
I have a Drs appointment in the morning. Not sure what they will do..

Hubby works with a lady that didn't know till 6 months. It boggles our minds that she could get that far along and have no idea. I'm like you ladies--how can you not know your body so much that you go for a whole six months without knowing? Blows my mind. lol

In a way though i would love to only find out at 6 months. It feels like this pregnancy is taking forever already, plus you'd skip all the worrying about miscarriage, the sickness, the tiredness :)

I think everyone is right, We on this website are just SUPER in tune to our bodies.. not to mention our cycles if possible. This first trimester is going to take forever but I'm so happy I found out so early so I can start making sure I'm eating and all around as healthy as possible for my little bean - I was only about 3 wks!

When I was preggers with my son 16yrs ago, I didn't find out til I was 5 months along. But I was only 16yrs old so I sure didn't know anything about pregnancy symptoms. I was playing sports and everything. And that's the only reason how I found out I was pregnant because I had to get a sports clearance to run track. I can remember not wanting to eat certain foods and not being able to drink milk in the morning, but like I said I was young so I didn't think anything of it. Plus I still had a flat stomach. I didn't start showing til 6 1/2 months. I feel like as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I was already having my son. That time flew by. I wish that can happen now. lol

So I had a scan yesterday and saw the heartbeat! It was amazing! It was my first "officially pregnant" appointment so most of it was going through medical history and what to expect. Then she just asked me if I wanted to try and find the heartbeat?! Of course I would! So it was quick and unofficial but amazing. I feel so bad though because I told DH he didn't need to come cause we probably won't do anything exciting. So of course when I told him about it he was disappointed that he didn't see it. I felt so bad.
But it was so cool and have been so emotional, I just cried. This is my first baby and all of this is so new and foreign to me.
Just that one glimpse made all this sickness worth it

So I had a scan yesterday and saw the heartbeat! It was amazing! It was my first "officially pregnant" appointment so most of it was going through medical history and what to expect. Then she just asked me if I wanted to try and find the heartbeat?! Of course I would! So it was quick and unofficial but amazing. I feel so bad though because I told DH he didn't need to come cause we probably won't do anything exciting. So of course when I told him about it he was disappointed that he didn't see it. I felt so bad.
But it was so cool and have been so emotional, I just cried. This is my first baby and all of this is so new and foreign to me.

Ah so pleased for you gaboo!!
I remember that feeling of awe when I first saw DD heartbeat on a scan last time I was pregnant. It is like the first real sign that you are beginning on the amazing rollercoaster that is parenthood!!
Your DH will get to see it soon so try not to worry.
Xx

Awwww you just made me get teary eyed!! Maybe all these hormones are making me a little emotional! I can't wait to hear our baby's heartbeat!! Just a few more wks :)

Anyone been taking anything that has been helping with their MS?
So far the only thing that allows me to keep my food down is meclizine which is strange because it is a motion sickness medication. The only thing is it makes me so drowsy. But otherwise, I cant keep anything down. Cant wait until MS is over! .. I hope is does end.. I have heard stories of people being sick til the very end!

The only thing that works for me is zofran. Its a miracle drug. And chewy mints like mentos. I hope this ends soon too. Last time it went to 18 weeks :(

Hmm I might try the chewy mint idea. My mouth is always so dry!!

Fortunately, I've not thrown up. Just the nausea really makes me feel gross. I suck on peppermints a lot and just make sure I'm eating frequently enough. If I don't eat every 3-4 hours, the nausea is really bad.

Nausea bad here too...it peaked last night....had a horrible night...

I am drinking a fruit smoothie I made with fresh ginger and hope it works better than ginger ale and crackers.
I think I need to pick up some mentos, that sounds good.

I haven't gotten on the scale yet, too scared!

Gaboo, how awesome you saw the heartbeat...my appt is the 22nd and hoping to hear the hbeat then. We didn't last pregnancy not holding out too much hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->