March BFP's sharing the first weeks together!

You are almost there gaboo!

I wish I was a few weeks more, nausea and headaches have been rough!

Hey ladies, Sorry about all the MS but hey - we have our stick babies !! (FX'ed) Anyways, Attached my scan from yesterday - doc drew happy face where the head would be hahahaha

heard baby's heartbeat 152bpm :)

Next Scan - May 31st just shy of 12 wks

Attachments

• BNB1.jpg
    BNB1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2
How cute diamondlove!!
So, ever since my MS started, my house has been having a sick smell to it. Sometimes so bad, that it alone seemed to make to puke. And I can never find what is causing it. Well, I am happy to announce that the last 2 days, my house doesnt stink anymore!! YAY!!
Hopefully this is the start to the subsiding of MS!!

How cute diamondlove!!
So, ever since my MS started, my house has been having a sick smell to it. Sometimes so bad, that it alone seemed to make to puke. And I can never find what is causing it. Well, I am happy to announce that the last 2 days, my house doesnt stink anymore!! YAY!!
Hopefully this is the start to the subsiding of MS!!

It's so funny you said this...I have also had this problem! Nobody but me can smell the mysterious stank in my house!!

Hi ladies,
Gaboo - I am actually a little jealous that you've been sick! I just feel sick all day everyday and I think being sick would be a relief at this point! Also i have gained tonnes of weight already because of grazing all day to keep nausea under control. :-(
I'm 12+4 today, so almost in second trimester. Really hoping it eases up now. I've been a sloth for weeks, no exercise, eating junk, little energy to do stuff round the house!!
But last few days I've found myself sorting stuff around the house and doing extra cleaning etc. so hopefully my energy is on the up and I can start getting stuff done.

Looking after a toddler in the first trimester is hard work! Lol!!

And to make things more complicated we have just bought a puppy!!! Crazy right!!
Miley totally loves dogs (way more than people!!) and we've always wanted a dog. So we figured it was now or we wait for 18 months. So we went for it. We pick her up next week!

With my first pregnancy I felt I was having a girl. But then I second guessed myself and ended up convinced it was a boy! Obviously it was a girl!! :)
I feel like its a girl this time as well. But am second guessing myself again and am just looking at boy stuff all the time!! Can't wait for our 20 week scan so we can find out the sex!!

Is anyone going to keep the sex a surprise???

I was also happy to read its not just me with no libido!!! Poor DH!! ;-)

UGH...I failed my 1 hour and 3 hour glucose tolerance test, so I am a gestational diabetic this time around. So much for that tiny little baby I was looking forward to. Oh well, more than likely mine will just come out a little bigger than most! I will love the chunker all the same!

Anyone else have any experience with this during pregnancy...I didn't have it with DD?

UGH...I failed my 1 hour and 3 hour glucose tolerance test, so I am a gestational diabetic this time around. So much for that tiny little baby I was looking forward to. Oh well, more than likely mine will just come out a little bigger than most! I will love the chunker all the same!

Anyone else have any experience with this during pregnancy...I didn't have it with DD?

Bummer!
I've never had a glucose test. What did it involve?

With DD they kept telling me she would be big but she was 8lb 8oz which I didn't think was too bad.

hey ladies, can anyone give me some thoughts on how to tell if you're having a boy or girl.. obviously there's only one way to tell for sure - but hey, I like to guess at it. And all the wives tales are fun to me!

Secondly, does anyone have some super trick to get rid of this complete exhaustion.. which is the understatement of the century. I don't even have energy to move from one side of my desk to the other! HELP! please!!!!:nope:

Bummer!

With DD they kept telling me she would be big but she was 8lb 8oz which I didn't think was too bad.

I only had the one hour with dd but I had to go into the lab after fasting for a certain number of hours and they gave me what was basically sugar water. It rated like very flat orange soda, you have to sit there for an hour and then have blood drawn to make sure your body is breaking down all the sugar properly. I brought my knitting and worked on my baby's blanket for the hour.

Bummer!

The 1 hour didn't involve any fasting, but I just went in and had to drink this nasty orange stuff and have my blood drawn an hour later. I failed this!

Because I failed the 1 hour, they sent me to the 3 hour...That involves fasting the night before, then going in the morning and having your fasting blood glucose taken. They then have you drink double strength nasty orange stuff, and your blood is drawn every hour after that for 3 hours. (so a total of 4 pokes).

This test normally isn't done until like 28 weeks, but I am high risk with being overweight and strong family history of diabetes, so they had me do it early.

Elt, one of my bnb friends has gd also and is in the medical profession so has tons of info on it in her journal here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...r-1-year-ttc-equally-excited-terrified-4.html

Thanks garden...I'll check it out. Any info will be helpful.

Got my 12 week scan tomorrow at 8am! Lol!
They've said my daughter isn't welcome. But me and DH are going to take her anyway as I don't want to go by myself and we don't have anyone to watch her for us.
Also they've told me if we want to buy any of the scan pictures they will be £10 each (about $16) what a rip off!!
When I was pregnant with Miley I only had to pay £4 each picture!

Why do you have to pay for them at all? Is it a private scan? My dr always prints several for us and had never mentioned charging for them!

Why do you have to pay for them at all? Is it a private scan? My dr always prints several for us and had never mentioned charging for them!

Same here! thank goodness, It's amazing how different things are in different places

It's a UK thing. The NHS charge for the pictures. But £10 is ridiculously high!!!

Bernie- I can not imagine getting a puppy right now!! You are a brave soul! They are exhausting themselves! Plus you have Miley, I dont see how you do it. GO SUPER Mom!! :happydance:

elt- so sorry about the gd. Are they putting you on medication? Does this make you a high risk pregnancy?

So, my cousin sent me this website of a place nearby that does 3D/4D ultrasounds with pictures, heartbeat recording, and gender determination. She found a coupon for $30, it is normally $75. They say you can do it after you are only 14 weeks!! Going to talk to DH to see if he is interested....

As for sickness, ladies, there is hope for those of you that have been sick like me. It has eased off immensely. Starting to feel somewhat normal, still have nausea and fatigue like you wouldnt believe, but I am able to keep my food down and function somewhat more. Emotions have been running rampant as I busted into tears telling DH I was a disgusting slob that doesnt do anything but eat and sleep and huff and puff as I come up the stairs.

There are coupons for 3d/4d ultrasounds on groupon all the time! :)

Bernie- I can not imagine getting a puppy right now!! You are a brave soul! They are exhausting themselves! Plus you have Miley, I dont see how you do it. GO SUPER Mom!! :happydance:

elt- so sorry about the gd. Are they putting you on medication? Does this make you a high risk pregnancy?

So, my cousin sent me this website of a place nearby that does 3D/4D ultrasounds with pictures, heartbeat recording, and gender determination. She found a coupon for $30, it is normally $75. They say you can do it after you are only 14 weeks!! Going to talk to DH to see if he is interested....

As for sickness, ladies, there is hope for those of you that have been sick like me. It has eased off immensely. Starting to feel somewhat normal, still have nausea and fatigue like you wouldnt believe, but I am able to keep my food down and function somewhat more. Emotions have been running rampant as I busted into tears telling DH I was a disgusting slob that doesnt do anything but eat and sleep and huff and puff as I come up the stairs.

I'm not sure yet, as I haven't seen my OB or the dietician since being diagnosed. I'm guessing I probably will be considered high risk, but I'm definitely going to ask!

I had GD with my last pregnancy and figure I will with this one, too. Mine was controlled by diet. I had to do weekly or bi-weekly (can't remember which it was) for labwork to check my blood sugar. DS was born 13 days early (water broke) and was 8 lbs. 3 oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->