• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

March IUI Thread!

Hi Ladies,

I havent' posted much other than a quick hello earlier in the month, but i have been "Stalking" the post because we haven't had much going on our selves besides waiting and not in the Tww way. this was my first month ever taking clomid, and we were just waiting to see if 50mg would work so... it did, well sort of. we had an u/s this morning cd14 and we have 1 follicle. it is not as much as i would have liked to see, but 1 follicle could be enough right? it measured 13mm and my lining was good. the dr didn't seem concerned about the size even though i have read about some people having much larger follicles. we go for another us on thursday and if all is still well we will have our first iui on Sat or sunday! yay. this is the first time in a very long time i feel like we are actually making progress!

good luck ladies, my fingers are crossed for all of us!

This is my second iui. Hopefully we will be bump buddies! I'm sure your follies will be fine. They only did the scan on me one time, the month before my first iui. They wanted to make sure my opks were reading me right and that everything was looking like it should. I totally thought the u/s was gonna be worse than what it wad cause of the whole "internal" thing but it was actually easier and better than a pap smear...thank goodness. Then I was wondering all day what all was going on and just knew it wasn't going to be good but everything was great. All of my hormones were really high...way above what they wanted, and my lining was good. I ended up having 4 follies at 22, 27, 28, and 29. So I was pleasantly surprised. So don't worry. I'm sure you will have good result too. They haven't scanned me since, but all of my O symptoms are the same, just getting stronger every month. So I assume I'm still pumping out lots of juice...lol. The iui is easy too, again way worse in my mind. I thought it was gonna be like an hsg which I hated having done. But they didn't have to blow open my cervix with a balloon like the hsg either. I have a tendency to just let my mind run away from me...lol. Believe it or not I'm very optimistic...about everyone else...lol. Still working on that.

Jessesgirl, I think your follicle is making good progress as long as O isn't here yet. My fs said a mature follicle is 16, so by this weekend I think you should be there. Were Oing before the clomid?

Hi Ladies,

I havent' posted much other than a quick hello earlier in the month, but i have been "Stalking" the post because we haven't had much going on our selves besides waiting and not in the Tww way. this was my first month ever taking clomid, and we were just waiting to see if 50mg would work so... it did, well sort of. we had an u/s this morning cd14 and we have 1 follicle. it is not as much as i would have liked to see, but 1 follicle could be enough right? it measured 13mm and my lining was good. the dr didn't seem concerned about the size even though i have read about some people having much larger follicles. we go for another us on thursday and if all is still well we will have our first iui on Sat or sunday! yay. this is the first time in a very long time i feel like we are actually making progress!

good luck ladies, my fingers are crossed for all of us!
One of the lovely ladies on her ( and i googled it) said follies grow 1/2 mm per day so with that info it looks really good!:thumbup:

No Doubt are you doing any meds? I guess I should read your journel and that would tell me:dohh:

Lol...I take clomid. I was Oing by myself but my gyno put me clomid around 11 months in...just the way she does it I guess. And had the sa done on dh. My fs has kept me on clomid because it increases the chances of conception. Hubbys sa was low normal, 23mil, then his second one was 13mil. The first iui was 1.2mik prewash, but we had been bding for the three days prior...everyday cause no one told us not to. So we figure this cycle with abstaining a couple of days will help. So this turnout she be better than the first iui, which will hopefully mean conception...fxd. But luckily his swimmers are strong.

Thats great! They told us to bd before the IUI but DH swimmers are aparently mega swimmers. I dont O so thats are issue. The IUI is more to make sure there getting where they need to go and the timeing thing. Do you go for an u/s?

No...they only did the u/s the cycle before we did the first iui. It was a "test" cycle to make sure everything looked good, and also so that the insurance will cover as much as possible...lol. So all we have to pay for is the iui itself which is great. My body is like me...lives on a schedule...same every month so I'm pretty sure everything is doing what it's supposed to. Its weird cause I used to have really irregular cycles. I remember when I was maybe 20 I had skipped 5 cycles and thought I was pregnant for sure and that the stupid sticks were wrong...lol...what I wouldn't give to have that "problem" now. I finally saw a gyno who knew what she was doing and she diagnosed me with pcos and put me on birth control...GREAT!...kill two birds with one stone. But when I swore off sex I quit taking it and the irregular cycles returned. Weird thing is when I got married it all stopped and I've been like clockwork ever since. My fs said dh cured me...lol. I figure it was just my body getting ready for this journey and the ones to follow.

Well, I'm trying to stay positive, but I got a call today from my little brother, his wife is pregnant. This has sent me in a tail spin, I'm honestly devastated

I knowing hearing others stories can be difficult so I won't tell you to not have feelings about that. Just try to stay up beat and positive though. Just because she's preggo doesn't mean that you aren't. You never know, maybe you and your brother and gonna have little ones around the same time, who will grow up to be like siblings.

I know it's hard espectially when you are talking about family cause you don't want to turn away from them or separate yourself, but it is hard. My brother has popped out three kids in the time that we've been trying. He had a set of twins, and little girl with another woman he was not in a relationship with. This is on top of the 11 year old he already has. So I COMPLETELY understand. But I always make sure to ask him how this kids are and listen to all the stories he tells me. Honestly now that they're here and I hear about the things they do that he used to do, or even that I used to do, it melts my heart a bit.

Hopefully you will be able to pick yourself back up and get your pma back. Who knows maybe they've passed the dust along to you ;)

aww...aintlifegrand....so sorry I know how hard it is. My brother has 5 kids by 4 diff women. He finally got fixed or lord knows what # he would be at! Its so hard to understand sometimes. Its hard to be happy for them when your trying so hard and not getting there as fast as you want. I am w No Doubt, dont give up...maybe your bro and yours will be like siblings instead of cousins :) And maybe sil will have morning sickness all day and you wont:haha: Sorry....thats my evil side coming out:blush: Wish I could say something to make all the hurt go away but just know all us girls here on BNB understand! Have all been there with those feelings ourselves at one point or another.....and are here for you!:hugs:

thanks for the responses! it would we great if we could me bump buddies fingers crossed as tight as they can, hopefully it is all of our month!

As for meds... I was diagnosised with PCOS in october and have been on 1500mg of metformin/day since then. I don't ovulate on my own usually, or I tend to have very long cycles ovulating only a few times a year. this is the first round with clomid and it is our 18th month of trying.

aintlifegrand i am sorry for your situation. I think most of us here can realate either thru a close friend or family member being pregnant or having babies. it is so hard to watch and stay positive. most days it doesn't seem fair. you want to be happy for them, but it is so hard when you are not getting the result you want. keep your chin up :)

Aintlifegrand, I think we all can relate to your feelings. The longer it takes us to reach our goal of parenthood the harder it becomes to feel happy when we hear baby news from friends and family. Just a week ago, my sister-in-law mentioned that she was ready to start trying and my heart sank. All I could think about was how will I manage to be happy and supportive for her. But I know that all of us going through this are strong women and we will handle it with grace! That's not to say we won't have our moments, but that's what the support system here is for.

Not to mention you are in the midst of your tww and could very well get that elusive bfp!
Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Thanks girls, I'm supposed to be trying to stay positive right now, but this sent me into a tailspin, I'm just so upset, and then I feel bad for being upset.

just thought id pop in and update... IUI didn't work. I am now going to do a couple natural cycles and try forget about it for a couple months. Can't handle another month of clomid crazies and all the rest of it.

Good luck ladies

So sorry trying hard! Keep your chin up! Sometimes after a fertility med it kick starts thing and gets you natural cycle on track!

Sorry trying. I agree with babywishes. Who knows maybe this break will bring you a bfp.

Trying hard, I'm so sorry to hear your IUI didn't work. It's so hard having these regimented cycles, hormones, ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc.. I completely understand wanting to take a break for a couple months. And like the other ladies said, maybe it will be just what you need to get your bfp! Good luck!!

back with an update. we are officially having our first iui tomorrow. we had our 2nd scan of this cycle today (CD17). our 1 follicle is now 20mm (yay!) and i had a natural LH surge, no need for the trigger shot! which was shocking because i haven't O'd on my own in many many months. I am trying not to get my hopes too high, but it is actually looking positive/possible for the first time in a really long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->