march lambs 2010 come on ladies

Kel - glad Connor seems OK just keep an eye on him :thumbup:

Cocoa - Flora pretty much only does about 5-10 minutes as well :shrug: guess we're lucky that it doesn't take long (altho it is every 1.5-2 hours in the day)

Seity - Good for you for breastfeeding in the bar!

My celebrity crush is Johnny Depp, since I was a teenager and he just gets better with age IMO (and I kind of like the weird gothic-ness of him!)

Had a great night out with the girls last night! Felt so human, I even wore tights and heels! Got home at 11:30, DH and F were fast asleep and she didn't wake up until 3am (after going down at 7), so I was very happy with that.

I also love matthew mcconaughey - his voice drives me wild! :haha:

GL - glad you had a good night. I was excited about my night out until today - went to visit my mum and M cried everytime my mum looked at her! I think she's developing that thing where they only like their parents (stranger anxiety?) Hope it goes soon!

I need some advice/opinions please girls.

M has been in a semi-routine for a while, feeding every 3 hours, sleeping after 1.5hr awake time (even though her naps were short) and she'd be tired again by 7-8, which was then bedtime

But now she's started being awake longer, and it's thrown me! Here's what's been happening the last couple of days:

Up at 7
Feed, play
Nap 9-10
Feed, play
Nap 12-1
Feed, play
Nap 3-4
Feed, play
Ready for sleep at 6:30 - so I put her down as if it's bedtime. She still wakes after 40-60 mins
Try to get her back to sleep, she cries a lot, Feed, cry, try to wind down
Bed at 20:30/9/9:30pm

But she'll still wake at 7am, so is only getting 10hrs maximum at night (more like 8 or 9 due to feeding/farting and settling back to sleep) This wouldn't be a problem but she's cranky most of the day, which is probably because she's tired. When she was awake less, she'd catnap at 5:30-6 and then be ready for bed by 7:30/8

Apart from the fact she's tired, it also means I only get a maximum of 1hr 'me' time in the evenings, where I have to shower/clean/sort out cloth nappies etc

Earlier I left her to whinge in her cot to see if she'd fall asleep. I noticed she'd started properly crying and by the time I got upstairs she was choking and had made herself sick :cry: I feel like such a bad mum

How do all of you work naps/bedtimes etc into your days?

Hmm, dont know. Maybe by 6:30 if she last woke up at 4 she's getting overtired? Don't know what to suggest hun F always goes to bed at 7 without fail pretty much. My napping situation is similar to yours but the timings just depends when she's woken up because its slightly different every day, and also depends what I'm doing that day if I'm out or whatever. I am much better at noticing her tired signals now and so I check the clock and if she's been awake about 1.5 hours then I try putting her down for a nap. But she often has a nap at 5-5:30 and is still totally ready for bed at 6:30-7. :shrug:

So that's not much help at all really is it? :dohh:

Cheers Hun - it's definitely like she knows that she needs 4/5 naps a day, regardless of how long they are. There's no chance of getting her to sleep unless she's properly tired, she just screams if I put her down before 'dozy eyes' appear!

I wish I could stay unstressed about the whole napping thing!

Cocoa - I hope M settles better for you. I wonder if she is going through a growth spurt? Our babies are very similar in weight! how heavy was she at birth again?

Ella's is pretty much-
Wake about 6am,
feed sleep till about 10-11am, (with mum coz i love sleeping in lol)
fruit, breastfeed, play,
12ish (lunchtime) nap for about an hour
1is- BF, play,
3ish- nap for about an hour,
4ish- Bfeed, play,
4.30- daddy home from work. more BF more play,
5.30ish- vege, play (usually jolly jumper, tummy time etc,
6.30ish- bottle, big burp,
7ish- A little BF for abit of quiet time,
7.30ish- Bed.

I just give her a bath or shower randomly maybe when OH gets home from work, or just during the day, depends how i feel lol

GL- I am glad you had a lovely girls night! I'm having a few wines with my friend tonight. her daughter is 2 days younger than Ella, i'll pick her up when El's in bed and OH will drop her home. I'm very excited lol!

Vegas- Being due in march again would be nice as I miss March coz that was the time I was most looking foward to. I got a teeny bit jealous how a friend of mine well 2 actually are due March next year and she is using my midwife. I'm happy for them, but can't help being abit sad lol y did she have to use my midwife :dohh: Oh well. I'm an egg :haha:

Seity: Nice to see that both you and Gabriel got to enjoy a drink at the bar :thumbup:.

GL: I forgot about Johnny Depp! Can we share?

Cocoa: Don't even get me started on stranger anxiety. I try to get her out, but it must not be enough. Every time she meets someone she is nice at first and then within 30 seconds her bottom lip comes out and the tears start flowing. I am not sure how to remedy this before it gets out of hand :shrug:. I've been thinking about starting a thread to ask what I can do.

Just when you think you've got naps all figured out your LO changes. Charlotte will now only nap twice a day (if I am lucky) where she had been on an up two hours/down 30-60 min schedule. She now has a smallish nap in the morning and a two hour nap around 2 or 3 pm. In our case as she started to go to bed earlier and sleep in longer the fewer naps she would take during the day. I don't really have any advice other than look for her tired cues and get her to her nap spot. Try to remember what times a day she is the sleepiest and repeat naps at those times. Also, in our case, now that she is so super alert she will not nap in the same room where I am located. She needs dark and quiet.

MM: Enjoy your wine.

Vegas - I don't think there's much you can do about stranger anxiety, they just grow out if it. Quickly I hope!

Had another awful nights sleep. She literally tossed and turned and squirmed for 3 hours between 2-5. She's a bit windy again so possibly that's why. Anyone else's LO do this? She has her eyes shut but can't be asleep, she's moving too much - even though she's swaddled! If an arm gets out, she repeatedly hits me! Lol

OMG I cant believe you can write down your LOs routines... we STILL dont have any routine whatsoever!! He just doesnt really sleep in the day and if he does it can be anytime really. My plan with the summer holidays is to try and get him into a routine though so that I can spend some QT with Livvie when he is asleep.

I dont know if we are starting with the 4-month sleep regression but he was awake at 445am for a feed last night so am on the espresso this morning! Its soo much harder when you start to get used to them sleeping thru and then they regress again hey!

I was talking to my mum about weaning yesterday and I was saying that my friend Kel whose little boy is 3 days older than Roman is talking about weaning her boy in 3/4 weeks and I couldnt get my head round it! we had to wean livvie at 4 months cos she was such a hungry baby, but with Roman, cos he is my last baby, I want to leave it as long as possible!!!

EJs routine starts when he wakes lol

most days now its
7.30ish wake up and feed
play
nap
9ish offered boob normally short top up feed
nap
play
12 wake up, feed
play
mabye 45 min nap
3pm feed
play
Nap 1.5 hrs
6pm feed
play
8pm feed
8.30/9pm bedtime

hun they can be asleep but moving alot alot , i used to beat up whoever was in the bed with me in my sleep lol ( thankfully outgrew that one but nobody wanted to sleep near me at sleepovers )
EJ has nights where he is sooooooo noisy but never seems any more tired the next day its just me thats awake

Lynn - maybe she is asleep. She seems wide awake this morning. Very weird - and I'm shattered.

Dee - I wish I could have espresso but she'd probably get hyper from the caffeine :haha:
Does Roman get tired in the day though?

M quite often gets cranky but won't nap, so I have to force her to sleep or she just gets worse and worse and has a breakdown!

MM - you lucky thing, sleeping in til 10/11!! M was 7lb 12oz at birth. Can't believe she's nearly 16 weeks already.

oh yeah he gets dead tired, but he wont drop off unless I am cuddling him and then he will wake within 10 mins of me putting him down. he is up in his cot and the moment - I have the mobile on and just keep going up, putting his dummy in and the mobile back on.. who needs the gym when you are up and down the stairs 20 times a day!!

arrgh i have a load of people coming between 11 -12 for vieiwngs today, and cant take the boys into the garden as Nate will pull the washing off the line so got to keep them inside without having him trash the living room i think we will do some colouring in when the veiwings are happening to keep Nate quiet and inside,

oh hope you can entertain him lynn!!

SUCCESS here - Roman has finally gone to sleep on his own in the daytime, hurrah!!!!!

It's a pain in the arse! Lol

Why can't they sleep when they need to! I'm hoping M stays in a good mood as we've got a party/BBQ to go to this afternoon and it's so embarrassing when she screams because she's overtired

omg i jst got a call from the agents and they have cancelled all the viewings as the guys they brought last night have said they will take the place so we are free from having to keep the place tidy while packing and i can just chill out and have a nap when i put Nate down for his soon if EJ is still asleep

Boll*cks! Only got half an hour from him!

Good news about the sale Lynn!

Ah rubbish Dee - does he wake himself up by his arms & legs jolting? Sometimes I can get an extra 30-40 mins out of M if I go in at about 25 mins & wait til she starts stirring - gently rest my hands on her arm & leg (she sleeps on her side) and she drifts right off. Sometimes it doesn't help though!

Great news Lynn! Have a fun day with the boys x

Got M to sleep in her crib, we'll see how long she stays down for!

i hope your LO's sleep for you, ej has had about an hours sleep on his playmat, woken nicely by his brother lol whos off to bed in amin for his nap

I got an hour. Woo! Feel slightly more human after a shower. M has been bathed and will hopefully nap from 1-2 then we're off to the party x.

Hope everyones having a good weekend so far x

Lynn: Congrats on the sale. I'm sure this is a huge relief (especially not having to keep the house tidy while you are trying to move)

Cocoa: Have fun at the BBQ

Dee: If he has gone to sleep once on his own it means he will be able to do it again. That's great progress!

My house is a wreck and I need to clean up for the sitter tonight. It's as good an excuse as any to clean. DH is home so I am hoping he will help. He's usually pretty good about that. Keeping my fingers crossed that Charlotte will behave for the sitter (again, concern about stranger anxiety). Last time we left her (with friends) she was already asleep when we left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->