March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Excited for you Little Lily! Keep us posted! Do you have a gut feeling??

AFM, INSANELY tired!!! I went away with some college (university) girl friends and our kids for the long Columbus Day weekend, and now that I'm home and back at work, I'm just exhausted! I keep feeling like I'm going to fall asleep as I'm teaching in my small groups! It's awful to have trouble keeping my eyes open! I keep just trying to drink more water... now I've resorted to (secretly) chewing gum. Hopefully it will some how keep me up!!!

Thanks Bella, if I had to guess, I'd say girl. We'll soon see!

In other news, mother of all headaches today. All day. Tried drinking loads of water, tried 'for head' balm. Going to have to take some paracetamol but took some last night too. Don't want to take it every day. Any ideas?

How exciting mama fox.Hope all goes well at the scan.
Re headaches just keep trying to stay hydrated and don't worry too much if you have to take paracetamol again tonight. Baby will be fine. I just think headaches are hormone related. Doesn't help really I guess, but feel better soon x

I had an appointment today and when the midwife first used the doppler that woosh woosh sounded and she said, "Oops! That's placenta not the heartbeat."

It's a good thing I don't have a doppler of my own because I couldn't tell the difference between the two at all LOL!

I wouldn't be able to tell either mewolkens lol

Anyone else still constipated? I feel that it has gotten a bit better however. Not going as long between as I was.

Excited for your scan I'm results later mama fox, hope baby behaves so you can see all you want to!

Bombshell, yes, sadly I am. It's not as bad as it was, tends to be in phases now, but still uncomfortable at times.

Can we talk prams for a minute?

I'm going to look at a quinny buzz 3 system today. Has EVERYTHING. $300

Reviews online are mixed but because we need something that will not kill my back to push (I'm almost 6') this and the orbit baby were the only systems I could find with adjustable handles!

I'm in LOVE with the orbit but even second hand it's a bit out of my price range and the quinny seems like a fantastic deal.

Has anyone used quinny/maxi cosi?

Hi ladies, will do a proper reply later but just wanted to post and say my 20 week scan went great today and we stayed team yellow :D I found out that I have an anterior placenta though so quite surprising that I've felt decent movements already. Hope yours goes well too Lily!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 4
Bombshell - OMG funny you say this, because this weekend was AWFUL with that for me! I went three days pretty much without going, and yesterday (at work) had tummy troubles ALL DAY LONG. So done with that!!!

Stuck, I've never heard of either of those - sorry!!! I'd say go to a store and push both around. Try opening it, closing it, lifting it. Make sure it's one you really want before buying! I'm surprised they say those are the only ones with adjustable handles - mine is a Graco & the handle adjusts. GL!

Buttercup - CONGRATS! Beautiful scan :)

AFM - Checkup today - nothing special though. 20 week scan on November 4th!

Stuck- I hope it's a good one! I was looking into Quinny Moodds, but the Buzz looks even better!

Buttercup- great scan pic, and well done for staying Team Yellow! I have an anterior placenta too, or at least I did at my Harmony scan a few weeks ago, but I've been feeling movement since last week.

Bombshell- yes, it's actually been worse lately. In the first tri I was having the opposite problem! I don't think I've been eating as much fruit though.

mewolkens- When I use mine, the foetal one is usually like a galloping horse, where sometimes I get another fast sound that's more wooshy which I assume is the placenta. Glad you had a good appointment!

2 weeks left for me until our 20 week scan!

Buttercup, great scan :) Just back from ours and we are team blue!
A little fella in there! Have to say I was surprised and glad we found out so I can get used to it because I didn't really mind either way but realised that every time I'd imagined us with an older child, it was a girl. Totally subconscious I guess but was suprised!

Looking forward to everyone else's scans!

Lovely scan pics ladies.

Mama fox - when I was pregnant with Isaac I was convinced he was a girl. I saw our future with an older girl child. ..... It was for thus reason we found out what we were having. Dare I say (and don't shoot me down for this) I was momentarily disappointed that he was a he...... I gave myself a kick up the bum, went out and brought a blue toy rabbit, decided on a name and from there my bond with Isaac as my little boy began. I'm. Pleased I found out.
This time I honestly have no feelings either way re gender but hubby wants to find out so we will.

Xxx

A little blue how wonderful :) congratulations to those who have had their scans :) I'm getting very excited and nervous for mine .... 6 th of November counting down he days now !!!!!! After it it will finally begin to feel VERY real :)

Beautiful scan pic buttercup, really clear :)

Littlelily, exciting on your baby boy!

Our scan is next week, so excited to see it again! Still holding my resolve to stick with yellow too.

My anatomy scan is friday! I can't wait to see LO again! I have a cold sore like rash on my belly and it's spreading to my feet and legs...it isn't cholestatis or PUPPS. Not so much fun trying to figure out what it is...

SarahLou or anyone else of course, definitely share nursery ideas/pics on here :thumbup: We're not decorating a room for baby as we only moved into our house last year and decorated every room including the nursery for DD2 who was born in September. It's neutral though with vintage Mickey and Minnie paper on 2 walls and the other 2 are painted cream. The curtains and lampshade are pink so if baby is a boy we'll just replace them with blue ones and that will become his room :)
Mthoodmom, welcome and congrats on your little boy :flower:
Stuckinoki, I don't have a Quinny Buzz but they're very popular over here and seem like sturdy good quality strollers :thumbup:
Lily, congrats on team blue! :D

My friend who is due in 3 weeks said her placenta is anterior too and she's still felt loads of strong movements all the way through, guess it depends on the baby's personality and position as well as the placenta :thumbup:

Congrats on team :blue: Mama Fox and congrats on a beautiful scan and staying team :yellow: Mama Bat. :happydance:

Saturday can't get here fast enough! I'm dying to use one of the banners I made :wacko:

Happy half way point to my wee womb tenant :thumbup: My anatomy scan is next Thursday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->