March Mummas - join us here!

Mrs, I could see that.

And your cup of tea smiley made me Laugh, that's exactly how I feel! And only very brief cramping / shooting pains for me today. Which is lovely! But also a bit paranoia inducing, lol!

For me, am not keen on the muffin one, it makes me think about being fat!

It's love pudge!!! Baby bump fat isn't fat fat :flower: I'm still cramping today but they aren't as sharp and seem more continuous...have had them for most of day. I'm starting to wonder though as I am constipated so maybe it's that!!!! :blush:

Hi lovely ladies! May I please join you? Hubby (38) and I (31) were trying to conceive #2 for 8 cycles. Tested positive on two home pregnancy tests yesterday and am due-according to online due date calc. on march 14th. :)

I cannot believe it's only been a week since I got my BFP. Wow that was slooooooow; and I thought the TWW dragged on!! only 35 more weeks to go!! :dohh:

Other than fatigue and increased hunger, nothing new happening. :coffee:

Mummy3ds - I had some sharp pinching cramps in my lower abs yesterday around 5pm. Very painful! My doc says that if you get cramping to relax and slow down - you're doing too much. So I try to sit for a few minutes and breathe when I get them. Just an idea!

EDIT: Oh my gosh I just realized I'm an Appleseed! Yay :happydance:

lol Imagine how I feel, I got my BFP on the 28th which was 1 day late. I have a 24 day cycle so now technically i'm 4 wks and 2 day pregnant, it's like WHAT!!! 6 days ago felt like FOREVER lol. It gets worse though when you're further in pregnancy. I was going crazy by the 37th week lol.

anyway the real reason why I'm replying to you is because last night I got a few sharp pains on my lower left side that lasted maybe 3 seconds and I got it maybe 5 times last night. Now I remember when my daughter I got that same feeling but it was within my 5th week of pregnancy and my doctor then told me it could just be gas pains.

How is everyone doing? I'm a pea today! That's exciting. I also got my appointment letter for my first meeting with the midwife next Friday at 11am. I fly overseas on the Sunday after, so I'm just getting it in before I leave, which makes me happy. :thumbup:

Ooh, and group names! I like any of the flower ones (daffodils, lilies, tulips, though not sure bluebells actually flower in March, I think it's more May, but I still like it!). I'm not sure March Rainbows is a good idea, simply because of the use of the term in relation to 'rainbow babies'. We might put some people off who think we're a pregnancy after loss group or might just make some people uncomfortable joining in. March is actually kinda a boring month where nothing much happens now that I think about it (the perfect reason to have a baby then I think!). I can't really think of anything related to St. Patrick's Day that doesn't sound weird. I actually don't mind March Shamrock's or March Clovers (we tend to call it a clover in the U.S.), but March Leprechauns or March Guinness's doesn't exactly sound right! So I'm not sure....maybe I don't have my creative hat on today.

MindUptopia, do you know what the thoughts are on us flying Im going to the US on 3rd August and will be 9-10 weeks am feeling a bit nervous :/

MindUptopia, do you know what the thoughts are on us flying Im going to the US on 3rd August and will be 9-10 weeks am feeling a bit nervous :/

I think you'll be fine. I'm flying to Washington DC next weekend (at 7.5 weeks) which is 8 hours, then have to fly again the week after at 9 weeks to San Francisco (another 5 hours) and then back at 10.5 weeks (11 hours to London). Medically it's totally safe, just make sure you stay hydrated and walk lots and stretch (but that's recommended when flying long haul for everyone).

I think the only problem is that usually you feel quite rough around that time so it's a bit unpleasant (as in vomiting in the plane toilet kinda unpleasant). Also, my friend who flew when she was in the first tri said just to be aware of the food/smells situation. You might not want to eat what they serve you if you are having aversions to things, so bring your go-to snacks with you onboard. The smells of the food being served might also make you feel quite ill if you are sensitive to smell, so just make sure you have a sick bag, just in case. Also, I've made sure I have an aisle seat not too far (but not too close either!) to the toilets just in case I need to make a run for it. Someone also recommended trying Sea Bands for nausea, which I might get, depending on how I'm feeling next week. Will you be traveling by yourself? And where are you going? I'll be in DC for a conference and then visiting family who live sorta nearby, and then in San Francisco for some meetings about my research. I actually fly back on the 3rd of August so we'll be passing each other in the air!

Oh, and I also thought of another group name, what about March Blossoms? It's referencing more spring and growing something new rather than a specific flower, so I thought that might be better?

I like march blossoms :)

Is anyone else really tired? I could actually sleep all day and all night long :dohh:

Im shattered, I could quite happily crawl into bed right now!!

We are going to Florida on our familymoon :) me DH and the 3 boys :) we have no luggage to take (just hand luggage) as my folks are taking that with them so in theory it should be a doddle.

We havent paid for meals on the plan as they wanted a rediculous fee for them so it will be a big breakfast in the airport before we board and then a whole bag of sandwiches, crisps and snacks for all :)

What is it you do? x

I'm a flight attendant and I typically do between 3 to 5 flights a day for 3 to 4 days so flying is fine, but again talk to your doctor because it can all depend on YOU and YOUR body. I know I was legally able to fly my last pregnancy up to 36 weeks. But because of severe morning sickness I had to stop working.

I'm a flight attendant and I typically do between 3 to 5 flights a day for 3 to 4 days so flying is fine, but again talk to your doctor because it can all depend on YOU and YOUR body. I know I was legally able to fly my last pregnancy up to 36 weeks. But because of severe morning sickness I had to stop working.

Thank you :)

How is everyone doing? I'm a pea today! That's exciting. I also got my appointment letter for my first meeting with the midwife next Friday at 11am. I fly overseas on the Sunday after, so I'm just getting it in before I leave, which makes me happy. :thumbup:

Ooh, and group names! I like any of the flower ones (daffodils, lilies, tulips, though not sure bluebells actually flower in March, I think it's more May, but I still like it!). I'm not sure March Rainbows is a good idea, simply because of the use of the term in relation to 'rainbow babies'. We might put some people off who think we're a pregnancy after loss group or might just make some people uncomfortable joining in. March is actually kinda a boring month where nothing much happens now that I think about it (the perfect reason to have a baby then I think!). I can't really think of anything related to St. Patrick's Day that doesn't sound weird. I actually don't mind March Shamrock's or March Clovers (we tend to call it a clover in the U.S.), but March Leprechauns or March Guinness's doesn't exactly sound right! So I'm not sure....maybe I don't have my creative hat on today.

MindUtopia you worded the bits in bold very well. I like the name rainbows but was aware that on this site rainbow babies is a term used for people who have had angel babies then had rainbow babies. I even typed out a post earlier about it but I wasn't sure I worded it correctly so deleted it.

Hopping in as my LO is a March Blossom too! Due date is March 7th.

I am 27 and le husband is 33. This is our first.

My story is short and simple. Came off the BCP (like Mrs Chezek from our thread here) in December of 11'. Had 2 cycles and then nothing.... Longest cycle was 99 days brought to an end thanks to Prometrium. Found out I wasn't ovulating. Put on first round Clomid, 100mg, and taaah-daaaaah - here I am. : )

Progesterone was found to be low when I had my beta's done.. and now I am on Prometrium for my first tri. Huge improvement in levels though as they went from 8 to 21! :> Viability scan set for July 19th (wanted to delay it to make sure I gave enough time to hear something!!!).

How are all of you doing today?? For those in the States, have anything fun planned for the 4th today???

:hugs: Nice to meet you all!

*** Proof-reading is your friend... this I have learned! Hahaha!

I like March Blossoms. I don't like the rainbows because of the same reason as MindUtopia posted...even though this is actually my rainbow baby :haha:

But I think March Blossoms is cute! Can't wait to be 6 weeks on Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->