March Mummy's - waste time with me

Nipple stimulation won't bring on labor if your body isn't ready - it just boosts things if you're already on the edge. I hope you can get some relief from the pain, it sounds awful :(

I think I need to just be on bed rest not doing anything, but that is basically impossible. I have to work at least part time.

I asked my OB today and she told me not to use a breast pump until 36 weeks, but if I wanted to try to hand express then to go ahead. I'm not getting anything out with hand expression at this point.

Had a check up today. BP has gone up so started on a low dose labetalol. Kinda lame :-( I'm so late in the game it hardly matters if i get PE now because they'll just induce me. But i was really excited that I'd skipped any BP, PIH or PE problems this pregnancy which would raise my chances for having a successful 4th pregnancy.

Um I have all sorts of pain. My entire back feels like its going to break I suppose because all my weight is out front, my pubic bone feels like its splitting in half at every point of the day whether is standing, sitting, laying, putting clothes on, and like you said its almost impossible to roll over in bed at night it hurts so bad, but then my hip starts hurting from laying on it too long. I did have some episodes of thinking my hip was going to pop out of place the other day. I get some shooting pains in my hoohaa I think its her head hitting my cervix maybe? I also have a weird pain a night idk how to explain. Its like she's all bunched up down there trying to get out when I move. Sorta feels like round ligament pains.. Haven't had much of any pain shooting down my legs though.

Is it safe to start trying to pump this early? Can't it bring on labor?

Definitely no issue with pumping. My 2 year old is still nursing. It will cause contractions, but you won't go into labor until your body is ready. If induction was that easy, they wouldn't use all kinds of funky drugs in the hospital to induce labor ;)

good point!

so at my appointment today..

we discussed my pain and he said he didn't think that I had to worry about my pubic bones separating too far, but he did check me today just to be on the safe side (more on that in a sec)
he said he knows I'm hurting and if he could give me something to take away the pain he would but obviously theres not much more I can do besides Tylenol, baths, heating pad and some Benadryl to help me sleep some. He said I'm not a very big person and with having a small torso and small pelvic area it makes it tough carrying a baby and he said I'm definitely all baby and sticking out front which will cause the back pain because im trying to accommodate the weight out front so I'm leaning back more and the weight does put stress on your back. He said he also believes I might have a bigger baby. Maybe not necessarily 9+ lbs, but for my size he thinks she may be on the bigger side. (we already have an ultrasound scheduled for the 19th)

her heartbeat was in the 140s which was normal, my blood pressure was 112/68 which was good and I've gained 33 pounds which is normal.

He measured my belly and I'm measuring at 36 weeks!! (according to their ultrasound they have me at a due date of march 15th which I would be 34+4 today, but I go by my LMP and due date of March 12th and 35 weeks today)

He checked me for infection and there is no infection so that is good and then he checked my pubic bone area and its fine. He did feel her head and said she is very low and that was definitely her head down there causing me some pain. I am not dilated any.

We scheduled the induction for March 16th, but he said he is hoping she will come on her own early. We were going to move up the ultrasound from the 19th to the 12th but decided just to wait because I would be further along and more accurate with size (meaning closer to due date we know the weight can be off by a pound of so both ways) an it would be easier to decide based on that if he thinks we should move up the induction date a week or if we can leave it for the 16th. He said he has to look at the ultrasound and take into consideration not only her size and what is best for her, but also what is safe for me. He knows my fear for C-section so he is trying to make sure we can avoid that! However, I do not believe he wants me to go any further than the 16th which would be 40+4 (especially if I'm measuring a week ahead still)

so.. I think that about covers that!

Also, I decided to come home and break out the breast pump and play with it to see how it works and whatnot.. so I tried it out for about 20 minutes just for fun and actually got some "something" out of both breasts... I did one side and was shocked to see stuff and so did the other side and had some there too! I was like omg how freaking weird is this! haha.. and then I started getting a little nauseous -probably from realizing that she will be here soon!

so.. that about sums up my day!

Anyone else not peeing super frequently at night? Last pregnancy I was up every hour to pee at this point. For a while this pregnancy, I was peeing twice at night, but lately it hasn't been more than once a night.

I'm usually peeing once a night, and I spend a lot of time in bed - the insomnia means that it takes 10ish hours in bed to get 8 hours of sleep. Every now and then I don't have to get up, but I wake up really having to go, and it generally means I should have had more to drink the day before. I've only had to get up more than once a few times.

Daytime is another story. It's not unusual for me to pee, exit the bathroom, and immediately want to pee again...

I'm not weeing frequently at all :shrug:

It feels like the baby may not be posterior anymore. Not exactly sure what position the baby is in, but it feels like my attempts at turning the baby have at least been partially successful.

That's great! Hope baby gets into a good position and stays there.

I could definitely feel the baby's back. I'm pretty certain the baby is anterior now, woohoo! Have another appointment next week. We'll see what the midwife has to say then. It will also likely be a home appointment this time around.

I'm pretty sure I've felt my guy's butt sticking out, too. He's been head down for a few weeks, hopefully he decides to cooperate in general. I've heard there's a higher chance of a sunny side up baby with an anterior placenta.

I'm feeling a little more prepared. The nursery still isn't ready, but we're getting there, and most of the essentials have been bought. He won't be sleeping in there right away anyway, but I don't want to deal with painting and decorating with a little baby in the house, and I'll at least want the changing table and dresser and shelving and such set up. Once we're done hauling stuff home (I had some supplies and the crib shipped to his work because I can't get the off the porch alone), we can install the carseat. I took inventory on all my clothes and diapers so far, and I'm in better shape than I thought. I just need some odds and ends, maybe 6-12 newborn prefolds, and a few diaper covers, and I'll be able to get everything washed and prepped.

Urgh my baby is such a floater. One day the head is fixed and engaged, next day it's definitely floating and not engaged.

Baby generally sits LOA (anterior) or LOL/LOT (babies back along left side). But I've woken this morning and baby is most definitely posterior! And what's worse is babies head is most definitely fixed and engaged so it's going to be harder to turn baby while baby isn't floating.

I had my 34 week check yesterday and all is well. Baby is still head down but not yet engaged. I didn't gain any weight in the last 4 weeks! I was surprised by that as I feel like I have gained. BP was nice and low. I go in next at 37 weeks at which time I'll have my GBS swab done. Only weird thing going on is a numb spot on the top, right dude of my bump. I pulled a muscle there a few weeks back while coughing and once the pain subsided it just went numb?!?! Doctor figures something has been pinched and should heal up soon or after baby comes.

Hi ladies!

I am a bit late to this party and I hope you don't mind me intruding! I am really excited but have a barrage of symptoms this time around that I did not have with DS1. How are you all doing? How prepared are you? I have NOT done anything yet and I am starting to panic a little bit. Hope to get some stuff done this week.

Hello and welcome! I'm pretty well prepared as this is my second and we saved stuff from the first. The only real NEED was a car seat which my in-laws bought for us. I made a freezer meal last weekend and plan to make one every weekend this month. That was THE MOST helpful thing that we did last time around. We should still grab some newborn sized diapers, but could get by with the cloth we have, if we needed to.

Hey Mumma bears

So i had my big check up today. 2cm dialated 1/2cm effaced which she said equates to about 75%. She said cervix is very very soft and stretchy. So had a good stretch and sweep (super painful) . Bishops score was 8 and am booked in for an induction in 6 days.

Whoop whoop! Will be holding baby before i know it.

Wow! Yours was much better than mine!

I'm not dilated at all. Only good news is her head is still low!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->