March Mummy's - waste time with me

My midwives don't routinely do any checks til labor. I'm kind of curious, but not quite curious enough to request one. Maybe I'll add a cervical peephole when I get my fantasy bellybutton peephole installed ;)

Wow! Yours was much better than mine!

I'm not dilated at all. Only good news is her head is still low!

I would imagine the fact it's my 3rd pregnancy might have something to do with it. Haha. I would think my cervix is a little more easily stretched out than most.

My midwives don't routinely do any checks til labor. I'm kind of curious, but not quite curious enough to request one. Maybe I'll add a cervical peephole when I get my fantasy bellybutton peephole installed ;)

Yeah they're not done that routinely In my clinic either. In my first pregnancy the only internal i had was at 10cm dialated.

In my second pregnancy i had an internal just before my induction to see how favorable i was for the induction (Highly unfavorable being only 33 weeks). They only did it to determine how to proceed with the induction, whether you're favorable or unfavorable changes how they start the induction. The only other internal i had was at 10cm dialated.

Now my 3rd pregnancy. They did yesterday's stretch and sweep in hopes to put me into labour (doesn't look like it worked) amd also again like my 2nd pregnancy to asses how favorable i am for the induction And get my bishops score.

Induction next week. 5 days until induction!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!

Routine internal exams seem a bit silly since it doesn't give you any useful information.

I've had a rough week cramping/braxton hicks wise. I'm hoping they check me tomorrow to see if it has done anything to soften/efface me. Maybe it won't tell me if labour is near but it will make me feel better to know(hopefully) that all of that discomfort wasn't in vain!

I'm not due until the 22nd and I'm feeling so ready to be done. At the same time, I have a number of things to complete before I go on maternity leave. My maternity pants are also all wearing out. Out well, the baby will be here before I know it!

Yeah I'm being induced the week of the 14th. I am DONE with my clothes. Don't even want to go out in public.

Sorry you two are feeling so done (abd any others in here as in sure more are feeling the same!). I'm still enjoying being pregnant. I figure I'll be prett content and patient until about 38 weeks and then I'll hit the done stage!

I've got an appointment on Monday (37 weeks) and I think I'll be getting my GBS test (strep b). Is this a pretty standard test across the board? I've had it done with all my pregnancies here in Canada.

Has anyone gone early?? Any babies born yet??

GBS is standard in the US, I'm not sure if they do it elsewhere.

I'm shocked that I'm not completely miserable at this point. I've had my moments, and it's hard to get off the couch, but I'm doing ok overall. I know it doesn't make any kind of logical sense, but it makes me wonder if it means I'm bound to go way overdue. I don't mind a few days, but I'd rather not go two weeks and face induction.

Why is it not March yet??? :brat:

My maternity clothes don't fit, I live in pjs, I ache everywhere, I'm always tired, and I'm grumpy with everyone. Come onnnn, baby! :dust:

So I went to the OB and she checked me. Baby is fully engaged and my cervix is very soft and she thinks I could go on my own! Those cramps weren't for nothing!

Sorry you two are feeling so done (abd any others in here as in sure more are feeling the same!). I'm still enjoying being pregnant. I figure I'll be prett content and patient until about 38 weeks and then I'll hit the done stage!

I've got an appointment on Monday (37 weeks) and I think I'll be getting my GBS test (strep b). Is this a pretty standard test across the board? I've had it done with all my pregnancies here in Canada.

Has anyone gone early?? Any babies born yet??

Yes it's pretty standard. Had mine done last week and had it done with my first as well.

I'm shocked that I'm not completely miserable at this point. I've had my moments, and it's hard to get off the couch, but I'm doing ok overall. I know it doesn't make any kind of logical sense, but it makes me wonder if it means I'm bound to go way overdue. I don't mind a few days, but I'd rather not go two weeks and face induction.

I didn't get impatient with my last one and she was born before her due date.

I didn't get impatient with my last one and she was born before her due date.

I'm just hoping he'll give me til the end of this week. I'm not even sure why my brain insists that lack of absolute misery will mean an overdue baby, but I think I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like, surely I can't won't get away with a relatively easy pregnancy, and a well timed baby, and a good delivery, and I'd rather go an extra week than have a terrible labor and delivery experience, so that's what my brain is focused on? I don't know...

I got my results for gbs screen at midwife appointment today, in australia we are screened at 36 weeks, all clear thank goodness! Though had abit too much excitement as fundal height had not grown since 35 weeks, and I'm 38 weeks so had to go for growth ultrasound, but baby was ok and growing normally for gestational age. I have a feeling I will be overdue as well, though dh thinks baby will come on my birthday, which will be 39 + 2d we shall see!

Glad the GBS came back negative! I know it's not the end of the world if it's positive, but I'm really hoping to avoid needles as much as possible, so I was really relieved that I wouldn't need an IV during labor. Glad the kiddo is growing well, too :)

I'll get my results Tuesday I think!

I feel like baby is just settled SO deep in my pelvis. Even yesterday when the doctor checked I didn't feel like this.

Northern - You are one of the last ones due in our group....I'll be super jeleous if you end up with a baby in your arms early and I end up late! Haha...Are you all ready or do you have a few things to do yet?

I hope I follow suit with a negative GBS test as is like to about UV during labour as well :)

Haha! We are only 5 days apart! I'm getting our room dug out to set up a play yard and glider because baby will be room sharing with us for the first while. I do only have until the week of March 14th though!

Yay, baby is in the right position! I'm going to continue to work on positioning as I DON'T want to give birth to a posterior baby! The midwife also said that at this point (at almost 37 weeks), the baby feels like he/she is about 6 pounds. We'll see how big at birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->