maternity pay question

daisy9

Reaction score
So I had good news today, as of next month my company policy on maternity.pay has changed dramatically and I now get half pay! Hurray! So instead of taking 9 months ( plus one month holiday) I now want to take a year.

But here is my problem....

I currently start annual leave one month before my baby is due, followed by 9 months off. In the case I have my baby early I use the holiday leave at the end instead ( our year runs April to April ). However I may have to have a c section 3 weeks early ( I only find out the week before! ) and so if I extend my maternity leave it will run into April, and I will lose a months holiday pay! Yikes! Any advice? I cant finish any earlier as we haven't got my cover in place yet and they will need training etc....

Help!

Sorry I can't answer but I remember being preg with DD asking for something similar and once baby is born maternity kicks in and holiday pay is lost.

I'd speak go your HR dept

Hmm, see I thought that they had to pay you any holiday if you can't take it.

Check the policy and it should state

For me I accrue holiday while on mat leave, I'm using this to increase my leave from 12 months to 14 months :)

whilst you are on mat leave regardless of when your holiday year runs you accrue holidays as you would if you were not on mat leave. If you are on mat leave when your holiday year ends, your employer has a duty to carry the holiday time over to the next year. If your mat leave finishes 30th April 16 you are allowed to then take your 2 month holiday at full pay from the 2015 entitlement.

I am a teacher and my holiday year runs september to august. My baby is due in June and where I normally will have had 6 weeks holiday I will be on mat leave, this 6 weeks will be added onto the end of my mat leave in 2016 which is in a new holiday year.

ACAS website has a lot of information relating to maternity leave etc. Have a read up on it and if needbe remind HR of what the law states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->