• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May BFP - roll up roll up!!

I can add you for the day you expect AF if you'd like and then you can let us know if you get your BFP before then!

Hi all im new to this thread so bare with me...had a tough 4weeks heres a little bit of the story...

I was 5-6wks pregnant and had lower pain/cramps phoned the doctor and was told to attend the EPC at the hospital. on arrival the did urine and blood tests after a wait i had a scan. They said my uterus was empty but saw a lump on my right ovarie...so sure it was an etopic pregnancy i was rushed to theater. (i had a laproscopy was told i would probably lose my right tube)

Woken from surgery and was told my tubes were clear!!! but....they found a ''lump'' on my right ovarie they went to investigate it but it popped so took a biopsy. I was in hospital for 2days...maternity ward!! told i had an etopic pregnancy and that had been removed...lay all night listening to newborns crying it broke my heart. Dr came in the next morning said i could go home!!! was so happy to get out the ward...also said operation was inconclusive could i come back the next day for repeated bloods. I did and they had doubled!!! Everyone was shocked i had a scan and there on front of my eyes was my little miracle i broke down so happy to see our baby :)

The next day i started to bleed attended the EPC and had a further scan they found our baby so sent me home to rest. 2 days later bleeding was stringy like mucusy so attened the clinic again after a scan told me our baby was ''gone'' totally and utterly heartbroken (this was the 21st april this year) well i carried on bleeding from the 21st and passed our baby on the 26th :,( i attended the clinic on the 11th may for urine test to be told it was negative and spoke to the docor who operated on me and he held his hands up it was his fault i misscarried. He told me he was on call that day and was ''told'' of the etopic and operated on what he was told when he opened up and realised my tubes were clear he had the chance to stitch me up but he chose not to. He wanted to investigate what was on my ovarie.

To cut a long story short he told me that it was infact a folicle something we release every month but in early pregnancy it stays a little longer until the placenta takes over to with that gone baby didnt have any chance of survival but to remove the tissue after it poped he had to put a probe into my uterus and wigggle the womb about to get to the ovarie which disclodged the sac. Im utterly devastated i know a miscarriage can happen to anyone but i feel so angry with them. Anyway we are TTC now and im just wondering when will i get a period? When am i fertile this month? I started to bleed on the 16th april i passed our baby on the 26th and stopped bleeding roughly the 1st may/ If anyone could help me this would be much appreciated. So sorry its such a long post.....xxx

Isla27, I'm so sorry about your loss. It is maddening that they caused this to happen! Big hugs to you :hugs:, and I hope next time you get your forever baby.

As far as the next period, I think it depends on the person -- some people have their period 3 weeks later, some 8 weeks. You could ovulate before your next period, but you may need to do OPKs to figure out when that will happen. Otherwise, just start after the next period.

For me, I had my 2nd MC last month and the beta hCG numbers didn't get down to 0 until my period came on the 24th. So I doubt I was fertile at all between bleeding for MC and bleeding for AF. But some people do ovulate and are lucky enough to get pregnant again very quickly.

OMG! What a horrendous story and its so difficult to know what to say to you.

Firstly the scan should have showed the pregnancy in-utero at 5-6 weeks gestation so the sonographer should have noticed that and you might never have ended up in surgery in the first place. They should have also known what a corpus luteum cyst is (on your ovary which you quite rightly said produces progesterone which stops your monthly cycle and maintains the lining of the uterus until the placenta is established and takes over). They should have told the surgeon of this and he should have never have been anywhere near your uterus after finding nothing in your tube.

I am very sorry that you have been through this upsetting situation. You probably would never have found the need to visit this forum without the incompetent treatment you received. Have you complained to the hospital? I say this because I used to work in medical negligence law and it sounds to me that you have a good case here, and deserve at the very least an apology.

You should get your period within 4-6 weeks of your negative pregnancy test, everyone is different but you were quite early in pregnancy so have a good chance of getting back to normal quickly.

Good luck with TTC again, this certainly is a lucky thread are you trying at the moment?

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Morning, this now my third attempt at writing this post!
Hi tweak, think there are about 8 of us left!
Sorry af got you zomo, the ladies have moved to the June thread if you want to join them for support.
Welcome caz, what day is af due? Good luck in the tww.
Isla, welcome and I'm so sorry to hear your heart breaking story. A mc is a terrible thing to deal with, I can only imagine how much harder this is for you knowing the doctor caused it. As for next steps it is great that you already have a negative hcg, that is your first hurdle over. You should get your af within the next few weeks, but like littlebird said it can vary from lady to lady, you may o this cycle, you may not.
I wish you a speedy recovery, physically and emotionally.

Afm-cd31, bfn, no af! I'm almost certain I'm just having a long cycle which means I prob didn't dtd around o as had my op 2 weeks ago and been out if action since! Still got the nausea and cm, no other symptoms. Going to use opks next cycle and take soy along with doing the smep. I'm not feeling too depressed, a little, but not too much. X

I wont be around much, if at all, for the next 1-2 weeks ladies as going to London to be with my brother who is having heart surgery, so just wanted to wish you all lots of luck and hope those still waiting to test, get their BFPs. Look forward to catching up on your news when I get back xx

My thoughts are with you fizzio, hope the op goes well and your brother recovers quickly.xxxx

Ladies, please can you check my sanity!
https://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?testID=12282
All comments welcome.

I see a line there cornish! do a frer could be a nasty evap

Sorry I'm so late, had awful sleep last night because of cramps and kids waking me up so DH gave me a lie in after solidly ignoring all disturbances till 8.30 (he's on holiday for the next 2 weeks :wacko:)

AF is being a right cow to me today after a not so bad start :growlmad: Just had my first Soy 40 mg tablet with my brekkie and my paracetamol!

How is everyone today?

Thanks steph, I'm very unsure. Think I'll buy a test and re do in the morning, or maybe wait as sending urine off to hospital to check hcg levels tmrw so will have that result on wed which will prob be more accurate and free!

I'm doing ok- other than being insane! Sorry af us being so mean. Hope you have some chocolate and a glass of wine.xx

I've had a treatsize bag of buttons I swiped off the kids :haha:

Yeah its a faint line in the pic has it any colour in it or is it just an evap looking line? When did you notice it? X

What does an evaporate line look like??! I've never tested this much before so don't know! Noticed it about half an hour after doing it, I looked after one min, nothing, then set it aside for half hour, I don't know what to think!

They look grey rather than pinky, they can be thin rather than same as control line, best thing to do is holld your wee in a couple of hours and try another, its rare to get two evaps in a row x

Ladies, please can you check my sanity!
https://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?testID=12282
All comments welcome.

I see it. The one I did the day before I got my BFP with the FRER looked a lot like that... FX'd for you!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Steph.... if you get another line buy a FRER. I was soooooo unconvinced by mine and it really was a BFP!

Thanks ladies, I want buttons!!
Will hold wee until 4 and then re test using last ic, if faint line I'll buy a diff one tonight. You ladies are great, but I may be mad!

How exciting, roll on 4pm, cornish we want minute by minute updates, I hope that it is your bfp and not a dodgy ic! Have everything crossed for you :hugs:

How are you today hanskiz and how are the triplets making you feel? :haha:

Thank you all very much for you replies.
I feel really angry with them ( i know i could have mc anyway as alot of ladies do think they said 1 in 4 chance) but for him to sit infront of me and say that it was his fault hurt so much more. Feels as though i lost the same baby twice if that makes any sense. They never told me any of this for 4weeks had they told me on the monday when i returned for bloods and they saw our little miracle for the first time that it was inevitable i would mc but they didnt i held onto the little hope we had (due to me bleeding i knew i was at a higher risk of mc) i prayed every i went to the toilet that our baby would hold on (and im not normally religious)

Yeah we are TTC this month but i dont think we will i started bleeding on the 16th of April after my operation i misscarried on the 26th April and stopped bleeding by the 1st May we have been trying since last monday every 2nd night as i dont know whether i will ovulate of not. But have been getting crampy pain so expect my period is on its way.

Thank you all so much for your reply, feeling very alone just now i dont want to bother any of my family or friends with how i feel cause i feel as if im a burdon and they dont really know how i feel anyway :,( xxxxxx

Poor girl, I know exactly what you mean, when I went for a scan after a couple of days of bleeding my baby was still there although in a very precarious position right near my cervix and it was still alive. I prayed for a miracle that it would hang on and defy the odds, I was worried everytime I went to the loo and meticulously checking everytime I felt a little gush of blood when I got up to check it was still there. I talked to it, I sang to it and I prayed to god not to take my little one away from me and it all made no difference, five days later there it was first thing in the morning on my pad.

I started to blame myself and then I thought its not my fault I did everything I possibly could to give baby every chance as did you. You are going through a grieving process right now as am I but things will get easier with time.

Its hard that you feel that you can't talk to your family, I tend not to talk about it either and if anyone asks me how I am I say I'm fine. Probably at that moment I'm not but I don't want to talk about it to everyone and keep revisiting the feelings and have it so raw. I have told my DH some small things like we should have been going for our scan last friday and that hurt, and i explained how much i wanted to be pregnant already again but I don't want to keep bringing up his hurt feelings either (although I don't feel he has been as deeply affected as I have).

All the ladies on here have been through the same experience of losing a baby, some more than once and we all understand and are here to support each other which is a great comfort. :hugs:

Well steph I'm currently trying to not pee or get excited-at all. Isla, I understand about not wanting or needing to talk to others, I felt like I annoyed my friends. The ladies on here are amazing. It's great you've been bd every 2 days, that'll give you a great chance of catching your egg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->