May due dates lets labor watch :-)

They have decided it's best to deliver. It turns out my contractions are pretty regular and I'm at a 5 so instead of doing pitocin they are going to see if they can break my waters and get us going. I'll keep you guys posted! !! Thanks so much for the support ♡♡♡!!

Erised - Huge congrats! Sorry you didn't get your home birth but it sounds positive regardless.

Rebecca - I'm so excited for you, good luck and I'm sending positive vibes for the birth :D

Hello ladies!

Very excited to announce the birth of Elsie Amelia born today at 3.31am. 10lbs! No induction!

Contractions started at around 11pm went in at 1am. 5 cm at 2am. Midwife broke my waters at 3.28am... 9cm so I couldn't have epidural because she was out just 3 minutes later! Eeeek!

Amazed how smoothly it all went. For the last bit the gas and air just took me somewhere else. As soon as I stopped I needed one more push and I had my little girl!
Yay! Congrats!

Evening all... Isabelle is here!!
Contractions started at 2am, at 7 minute intervals.

Unfortunately it turned out my waters *had* gone after all, and I got a temperature of 39 c. We'd been told to call the midwife if it went over 37.5 c. Called her at 6am and she was over for 6.45. Paracetamol didn't bring it down either, and with massive risks of possible infection the decision was made to head to hospital

Headed to hospital at 7.30, by which time my contractions sped up to every 2 minutes but didn't feel anywhere near strong enough yet to me.

Arrived in the car park at 7.45, when contractions were strong and basically every minute. Walked in, was told there was no room free with midwives running around in a panic. Started feeling the urge to push in the hallway, when fully dressed still!

They got me a room, I took 1 step inside it, leaned against the wall and pushed while midwife pulled my pants down. It took all of 3 contractions and just 2 minutes of pushing before she was born, right next to the door opening at 7.57

So... Didn't get my home birth, but avoided getting hooked up to anything or getting induced.

She was born at 41+5, weighing 6lbs 2oz, my smallest girl yet!
Congrats, tiny for the gestation!

Still in labor. Went from high blood pressure to extreme low blood pressure. They can't break my waters because she is still "floating" if they break them in her position they are worried about cord prolapse. :( which would be emcs. With all that said they say she is the most well behaved baby on the unit! It's just my body going wacky! I'll let you guys know what's going on.

Still in labor. Went from high blood pressure to extreme low blood pressure. They can't break my waters because she is still "floating" if they break them in her position they are worried about cord prolapse. :( which would be emcs. With all that said they say she is the most well behaved baby on the unit! It's just my body going wacky! I'll let you guys know what's going on.

Sorry about the BP, that doesn't sound very nice. Though it sounds like you're getting very good care Rebecca. I hope she comes soon!

Congrats to all the new moms and babies!! I'm still waiting, 3 days over... hopefully soon for those of us left in May!!!!

41 weeks today, had about 4 hours of very mild contractions from around 2:30am till 6:30am and then nothing :-/ I've had maybe two since then. Fingers crossed it is the start of something though!

EDIT: pretty sure I'm in labour, hoping I have bub in the next few hours... I'm not loving these contractions lol!

He's here.
Baby Boston :)
8lb 5oz and 55cm long born 41+1.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 8
Yay congrats!

I'm so jealous seeing all tees babies! I'm so miserable, can't wait to get this baby out!!

Aw, baby Boston is so cute! Congratulations!!!

Still pregnant and very uncomfortable over here. But no real signs. I'm incredibly hyper this evening after feeling so sluggish for months on end. I'm *hoping* it's the "nesting" syndrome but there is no way of knowing. I did eat half a watermelon this evening so.....yeah....(in my defence it was a mini-watermelon so not so bad). I had gotten really hyper the night before DS was born. So that's why I'm hoping. But it's not really one you see in the text books as a sign.

Congrats mis!!! Glad he's here

Good luck to the rest of you ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"