May due dates lets labor watch :-)

Well ladies, I'm back in the waiting game with you!
I leaked water quite steadily with gushes from 0.40am until 9am, then nothing since. Midwife came around and did a speculum check of my membranes, but after 20 minutes of laying down there was no pooling of waters what so ever bringing her to the conclusion that my waters haven't gone.

As they hadn't gone she did a sweep (had one booked for tomorrow anyway, but she wouldn't have done a cervix check or anything if my waters had gone to reduce the chance of infection). Cervix is still quite hard, approx 2 cm dilated aaaand the membranes were tight on babies head. She couldn't feel a rupture, they were definitely still there, but no bulging like she was expecting either. So she left the house confused and while leaning towards 'not broken', she's not entirely sure. She's now worried about the fact she did a sweep, bless her.

I've been told to check my temperature every 4 hours in case of infection. If it raises past 37.5 C I need to call her and be taken to hospital. If my waters start leaking again she'll come over tomorrow, if they don't she'll come over on Monday. Of course we're really hoping that things kick off tonight, but we'll see.

Sorry to hear this! I hope things kick off soon :thumbup:

Erised - how completely annoying. Hopefully the sweep will do something for you and get your bubs moving.

Day. 7 of being overdue for me. I've had a sweep, tried acupuncture, walked loads and nothing. This baby is too darn comfy.

Well ladies, I'm back in the waiting game with you!
I leaked water quite steadily with gushes from 0.40am until 9am, then nothing since. Midwife came around and did a speculum check of my membranes, but after 20 minutes of laying down there was no pooling of waters what so ever bringing her to the conclusion that my waters haven't gone.

As they hadn't gone she did a sweep (had one booked for tomorrow anyway, but she wouldn't have done a cervix check or anything if my waters had gone to reduce the chance of infection). Cervix is still quite hard, approx 2 cm dilated aaaand the membranes were tight on babies head. She couldn't feel a rupture, they were definitely still there, but no bulging like she was expecting either. So she left the house confused and while leaning towards 'not broken', she's not entirely sure. She's now worried about the fact she did a sweep, bless her.

I've been told to check my temperature every 4 hours in case of infection. If it raises past 37.5 C I need to call her and be taken to hospital. If my waters start leaking again she'll come over tomorrow, if they don't she'll come over on Monday. Of course we're really hoping that things kick off tonight, but we'll see.
Oh poo! That sucks, hopefully still not much longer for you Hun x

Definitely feeling frustrated too. I know I have a week to go until my due date but this week I have three separate miscarriage milestones coming up and I've really been counting on DD coming either on time or a little early so I could find something to distract myself and start to like the month of May again.

Still pregnant here. Feeling a little frustrated with the stop and start of labour. Can go a good few hours with contractions for them to just stop!

Oh girls, I really hope your bubbas come really soon!! Stubborn little things... My hubby has had most of this week off expecting him to arrive which means now he won't have any time off when he does come.. I just want to cry..

Hello ladies!

Very excited to announce the birth of Elsie Amelia born today at 3.31am. 10lbs! No induction!

Contractions started at around 11pm went in at 1am. 5 cm at 2am. Midwife broke my waters at 3.28am... 9cm so I couldn't have epidural because she was out just 3 minutes later! Eeeek!

Amazed how smoothly it all went. For the last bit the gas and air just took me somewhere else. As soon as I stopped I needed one more push and I had my little girl!

Hello ladies!

Very excited to announce the birth of Elsie Amelia born today at 3.31am. 10lbs! No induction!

Contractions started at around 11pm went in at 1am. 5 cm at 2am. Midwife broke my waters at 3.28am... 9cm so I couldn't have epidural because she was out just 3 minutes later! Eeeek!

Amazed how smoothly it all went. For the last bit the gas and air just took me somewhere else. As soon as I stopped I needed one more push and I had my little girl!

Congrats! Very fast!!

Congratulations, ericacaca! Wow, what a fast delivery! And a 10 pounder too! Enjoy your new little one (like I need to tell you that).

OK....I keep hearing about these labour dances on Youtube and I've watched a few of them. Supposedly they work....??? I think those of us still waiting should all just go for it! Just hide the cameras from the OHs!!!!

In triage with little lady, at my appointment yesterday my blood pressure was up so they kept me and monitored it for several hours. It eventually went to just a high normal and said we were good to go. Woke up swollen and feeling dizzy so we are at labor and delivery getting checked out. I'll keep you guys posted.

In triage with little lady, at my appointment yesterday my blood pressure was up so they kept me and monitored it for several hours. It eventually went to just a high normal and said we were good to go. Woke up swollen and feeling dizzy so we are at labor and delivery getting checked out. I'll keep you guys posted.

Oh no, I hope you feel better soon Rebecca! Sending positive vibes your way :hugs:

Congratulations Erica - that sounds like an amazing labour. I'd like one like that please!

Rebecca, I hope you're feeling better soon and the blood pressure is just a bit of a blip! Take care xx

Congrats Erica!

Hope everything is okay Rebecca :nope:

Just bouncing on my ball waiting for OH to come home with hot wings :haha: took a long walk earlier, I felt the burn down below that's for sure! So I'm convinced I need to walk more!

I'm so motivated to do this! I just wish baby was :haha:

Evening all... Isabelle is here!!
Contractions started at 2am, at 7 minute intervals.

Unfortunately it turned out my waters *had* gone after all, and I got a temperature of 39 c. We'd been told to call the midwife if it went over 37.5 c. Called her at 6am and she was over for 6.45. Paracetamol didn't bring it down either, and with massive risks of possible infection the decision was made to head to hospital

Headed to hospital at 7.30, by which time my contractions sped up to every 2 minutes but didn't feel anywhere near strong enough yet to me.

Arrived in the car park at 7.45, when contractions were strong and basically every minute. Walked in, was told there was no room free with midwives running around in a panic. Started feeling the urge to push in the hallway, when fully dressed still!

They got me a room, I took 1 step inside it, leaned against the wall and pushed while midwife pulled my pants down. It took all of 3 contractions and just 2 minutes of pushing before she was born, right next to the door opening at 7.57

So... Didn't get my home birth, but avoided getting hooked up to anything or getting induced.

She was born at 41+5, weighing 6lbs 2oz, my smallest girl yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->