May due dates lets labor watch :-)

Me too noodles.
We're doing a BBQ/meet the baby day for all friends and family once baby has arrived, so no doubt lots of gifts then :thumbup:
I've always taken gifts when meeting a new baby. That's more of the done thing in the uk really.

glad u reminded me of this. got gifts after dd was born when people visited but I feel like people might have expected me to register and do a shower here! I just feel weird like I'm asking them for stuff! especially as the longest I've known any of my friends etc out here is 11 months!

That must be so strange for you to have a total change of "the norm"

NST went well but would have gone better if he had been cooperative and kicked more. They made me drink water that got him moving. Luckily i didnt get sent to L&D this time got to go eat and come home!

oh ok! in the US it is not uncommon for them to check you for dilation towards the end of your pregnancy. super fun! :haha:

I don't envy you over there!

When you're in labour you don't care people poking fingers around but beforehand it's slightly awkward! :rofl:

I've no idea how it normally goes with Canadian doctors, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same than with US doctors. Luckily with my midwife she never does anything that could make me uncomfortable, so no poking around before labour for me! I mean, she even asks for permission before touching my belly when it's time to check heartbeat.

NST went well but would have gone better if he had been cooperative and kicked more. They made me drink water that got him moving. Luckily i didnt get sent to L&D this time got to go eat and come home!

Cheeky little man, but happy you / him passed =)
Is the next step a scan next week to keep an eye on him, then a NST again the week after? Or will you have both next week?

Yeah my oh suggested a bbq baby welcoming party too

Cheeky little man, but happy you / him passed =)
Is the next step a scan next week to keep an eye on him, then a NST again the week after? Or will you have both next week?

I get two NSTs a week then yes scan next tuesday right after my appointment. Appointment will be at nine am then ultrasound at 9:15. Next NST is friday at nine.

I have a question and the reason i am asking is i obviously dont know the answer lol. So OH and i dtd earlier and i had contractions like crazy i seriously thought it was the start of something which did scare me. Is it sex in general or the mans cum that causes the natural induction of labor? This doesnt surprise me i had contractions as they were getting slight read outs of mild ones on the monitor during my NST which were not showing Friday

I believe so. I had a doctor tell me it is the sperm making contact with the cervix that triggers contractions. I do think orgasms can cause mild ones too. When I was having placenta issues and bleeding with my son's pregnancy I was put on complete pelvic rest for that reason.

afm - the BH have started for real. Up until this point I was getting the stomach tightenings but no real pain. But this weekend I have started to get the period-like pains along with back aches. Kind of frightening. I can't remember what it was like with DS...it's been too long, I guess. They stop with change of position or only come a few at a time so I know it's most likely not the real thing. Still not fun.

Sex causes uterine contractions, sperm softens cervix. In huge amounts :haha: I always have contractions after sex but they'll be more intense if I orgasm.

Id like to join! EDD is may 3rd but i really dont think ill have to wait that long. I go tom to get tested for strep b and get checked as to why my blood pressure is up a little bit...anyone else feeling intense sharp pains thay last a few secs like in the vagina bone lol its my first baby and idk what to expect or if i will even know when i have contractions lol

I have a question and the reason i am asking is i obviously dont know the answer lol. So OH and i dtd earlier and i had contractions like crazy i seriously thought it was the start of something which did scare me. Is it sex in general or the mans cum that causes the natural induction of labor? This doesnt surprise me i had contractions as they were getting slight read outs of mild ones on the monitor during my NST which were not showing Friday
I get BH after sex when I O, and also if hubby 'finishes' up there semen can cause the cervix to ripen. But yeah sex can cause an irritated uterus, does for me anyway.

In the uk they don't do any internals until you go into hospital in labour :haha: thank goodness!!!

- edit: or have a stretch and sweep x
Same in Australia :) ( well in my last hospital anyway not sure if they check you in the hospital I'm going to now )

Really struggling the last few days due to pelvic pain and pressure. I have a midwife appointment today. Baby has been super active and at times feels like it's trying to escape out of my skin so uncomfortable. How's everyone doing?

lots of kicking and moving here, sometimes to the point of pain, lots of bubbly feelings in my pelvis like babies are tickling me but lots of hard movements around my abdomen. Next month hurry up please, I want to meet my babies and be a mom!!!

I can't keep up with everyone! Lol I had three appointments this week and three next week! I am feeling better this week. I still don't like being on prednisone but Baby Maddux seems to not be affected! I was reading about having sex. Lol you all are lucky because my sex drive is non existent! I don't think it will ever come back! Lol the thought of sex grosses me out! When I watch novelas(soap operas) and they kiss or fake make love it grosses me out! Yuck!

Sooo I'm having some odd belly pains today? Starts right under my ribs and goes down to right under my belly and if I press down any it HURTS. Anyone else ever have this? or know what it is? I've noticed little mans not moving a whole lot today too. Kinda worrying me a bit :/

I can't keep up with everyone! Lol I had three appointments this week and three next week! I am feeling better this week. I still don't like being on prednisone but Baby Maddux seems to not be affected! I was reading about having sex. Lol you all are lucky because my sex drive is non existent! I don't think it will ever come back! Lol the thought of sex grosses me out! When I watch novelas(soap operas) and they kiss or fake make love it grosses me out! Yuck!

I have no sex life this pregnancy!! Poor OH :haha:

I do.... but ive got to the point of soooo uncomfortable I am frustrating myself haha

I have no sex drive either. I didn't have one in my last pregnancy either lol! Poor hubby

I lost some of my plug today. Was very unexpected. I know it regenerates but there was a small moment where I was like... What in gods name is THAT! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->