May due dates lets labor watch :-)

Sorry Erised :( that's awful, hopes all up and then to be shot down is hard xxxx

I'll get my head around it eventually, just need a little bit of time
I know so many women do it every single day, it isn't the end of the world and with it being planned there is no real reason to worry ... it's just the unknown of it all and that it's all so different than what I've had and wanted again.

I'll have had a vaginal hospital birth, a vaginal home birth and now a c-section ... I'll be a jack of all trades soon ;)

On the way to being a fully qualified Admin for bnb!!! Haha

So sorry Erise. Congrats Emalou90! So exciting. Folded clothes and now to go up and go through more clothes put away and pack my hospital bag. Not sure i am ready to pack yet just doesnt seem real.

So sorry to hear that Erised :(

Hopefully with time you'll not feel too upset by the day itself. And hopefully they can let you home to your family fairly quickly afterwards saying as it will be scheduled and straightforward (I had my DD by emergency section at 11pm on Thurs and was home by Sat afternoon so fingers crossed only one night for you?)

So sorry Erise. Congrats Emalou90! So exciting. Folded clothes and now to go up and go through more clothes put away and pack my hospital bag. Not sure i am ready to pack yet just doesnt seem real.

You misunderstood.. Erised is on the way to becoming a fully fledged admin to help with all types of birth, a positive spin on her having a csection! :haha:

It's all scarily close but all I want to do is get to the hospital now!
I have to pack my DDs bag too so we can ship her off with that :thumbup:

Hello ladies! Hope it's ok for me to join you. I am 34w 2days and due 22nd May! Baby is engaged with bum into the pelvis at the mo! Hope your all doing well xx

I'm washing my first batch of baby clothes!

Thanks for the idea em :) I'm gonna pack DD and emergency bag tonight xxx

I have yet to pack my bag and now my ticker says baby is ready to launch... Thanks for the pressure :haha:

Few changes of clothes, hairbrush, fave book or two should do it I reckon.
Easy and nice to know they've got some home comforts xx

Saw my MW today everything doing well and baby is on the brim so nearly engaged.

Hey guys hows things....

ive been so busy all day i am now aching

got the nursery carpet being laid tomorrow yay I cant wait all his little things ready to be in his room and 7 weeks left today

Also hebhas constantly got hiccups and they feel like they are in my bum hahaha

I'm full term today and I lost my plug, I thought it was excess discharge but I went to change my pantyliner and I nearly vomited :sick:

I'm full term today and I lost my plug, I thought it was excess discharge but I went to change my pantyliner and I nearly vomited :sick:

Awe feel better sounds like the first lo is on the way to making its presence! Keep us updated! And much luck! Hopefully you will have an easy labor and delivery! I am so ready for my lo time is just dragging but flying at the same time!

Well, my home birth has gone out of the window again :'(
After being told 2 weeks ago that my placenta had moved and was 4.5cm away from the cervix, I was rescanned yesterday. Everything looked absolutely perfect, there seemed to be lots of room and afterwards the sonographer went 'it's standard practice to offer you an internal scan as well to make 100% sure everything is out of the way, as it's a much clearer image and it is possible to miss things on the abdominal scan'. After 2 scans, including that one just then, I honestly didn't think we'd find anything but 'you're absolutely fine and cleared for another home birth!!' ... you can imagine the tears when I had my internal and she told me that it's a good thing we did do it, as there's a lip of the placenta right next to the cervix and a natural birth would have a very high risk of hemorrhaging.

So yes, at nearly 36 weeks when I thought I was all clear and set for another home birth, the wind has been knocked out of me. Consultant appointment some time next week for another scan and to discuss a very unwanted and unwelcome c-section.

Lots of tears yesterday, and I'm absolutely terrified of everything from the epidural (I had no pain relief at all during either of my previous 2 labours) to leaving my girls alone when I haven't spend a night away from them or my husband before. How can I go from having my 1 year old around me from waking up to going to bed, to only seeing her 1 or 2 hours a day?!? :'(

I'm not a happy bunny.
Oh no :( is there any chance it still have time to move before due date?

Sorry to hear your home birth plans have been scarpered Erised :( I can imagine trying to get your head around it all is quite overwhelming. :hugs:

Oooh, exciting stuff mayb baby!!! I was full term yesterday too!

I have reclaimed my house for the weekend and now have half a complete kitchen - running water is a luxury -no more washing up in the bath lol! The rest should be finished mid week hopefully! And today, I'm *hoping* to finish painting the nursery so that the radiator and carpet can be fitted next week too!

I also have my brother and mum to stay Thurs/Fri next week. Then if this baby could just give me a day or two to sit on my bottom doing not a lot, I'd be very grateful!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Oh no :( is there any chance it still have time to move before due date?

Apparently the bottom section of the uterus is fully formed by now, so chances are basically zero. The sonographer said she didn't want no say never, as anything can happen, but she doesn't feel it's going to happen.

I'm ever so slowly coming to terms with it. Going to have to go shopping for hospital stay essentials next week. Never done that before really, never packed more than a few hours worth of stay stuff.

I'm still terrified and can not wait to have a final answer / date just to stop me hoping that maybe they were wrong. Less than 2 days ago though =)

Well, my home birth has gone out of the window again :'(
After being told 2 weeks ago that my placenta had moved and was 4.5cm away from the cervix, I was rescanned yesterday. Everything looked absolutely perfect, there seemed to be lots of room and afterwards the sonographer went 'it's standard practice to offer you an internal scan as well to make 100% sure everything is out of the way, as it's a much clearer image and it is possible to miss things on the abdominal scan'. After 2 scans, including that one just then, I honestly didn't think we'd find anything but 'you're absolutely fine and cleared for another home birth!!' ... you can imagine the tears when I had my internal and she told me that it's a good thing we did do it, as there's a lip of the placenta right next to the cervix and a natural birth would have a very high risk of hemorrhaging.

So yes, at nearly 36 weeks when I thought I was all clear and set for another home birth, the wind has been knocked out of me. Consultant appointment some time next week for another scan and to discuss a very unwanted and unwelcome c-section.

Lots of tears yesterday, and I'm absolutely terrified of everything from the epidural (I had no pain relief at all during either of my previous 2 labours) to leaving my girls alone when I haven't spend a night away from them or my husband before. How can I go from having my 1 year old around me from waking up to going to bed, to only seeing her 1 or 2 hours a day?!? :'(

I'm not a happy bunny.

C sections really aren't that bad, the needle is so fine it's no different to having blood taken, and it pretty much numbs right away.

I stayed in for 3 days when I had my first, by emergency section, my friend who had elective section though with her first insisted on being let out after 2, so if this is your third baby and it's elective, you could ask to be discharged sooner maybe? Xx

Few changes of clothes, hairbrush, fave book or two should do it I reckon.
Easy and nice to know they've got some home comforts xx

Oh my, I didn't even think of DD overnight bag :blush: I'll do that at the same time as mine and baby's xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->