May due dates lets labor watch :-)

KRobbo, why would they be inducing you so early? (sorry if you've already said)

I have GD and antibodies in my blood, the doppler readings have been off the chart and then ok and now the baby is so low they can't get the readings they need to ensure the baby is not at risk. It's all confusing and I've been at a few appointments alone so will have DH there tomorrow to ask questions.

They haven't really said that anything is wrong with the baby but it's getting to the stage where they feel it would be safest out as 'when things go wrong with GD they go wrong quickly.' Which is off course alarming.

Which antibodies do you have KRobbo? I have anti E and anti c, but luckily my titres don't seem to be increasing by much at all, which has just meant I've had 2 weekly scans as a bonus lol!!

Hope your appointment goes well and you and dh get all the answers you need!

I have a day with no toddler today so...I'm gonna vclean the house, do the washing, walk the dog and put my feet up!

I have anti m. I had it last time as well and the levels never rose from 2 and the same this time as well. One week they are worried the baby is anaemic, the next that the blood flow is wrong due to diabetes. I think they are erring on the side of caution and I genuinely believe my baby is fine and I will ask a lot of questions before agreeing to any early induction. I thought antibodies didn't cause issues until level 2! Plus I have very well controlled diabetes.

It's stressing me out because I believe I could go to 38 weeks but what if I turned induction down and something happened to my baby. They can't get the readings they need from the doppler as baby is so low - does anyone know off you can have internal scans this late on?

I can see your frustration! I think they are overcautious but I guess that's the best way to be! It'd be nice to reach 37 weeks, but if it's 36, at least you'll have got to a week before full term. Sorry, haven't a clue about internal scans :hugs:

Had midwife this morning, he's 4/5ths engaged! But I'm measuring 4weeks behind so 34 instead of 38! Off for a growth scan on Friday!

Here is what i dont underatand my outside measurements are fine but when they do my scans he is two weeks behind how can that be

Here is what i dont underatand my outside measurements are fine but when they do my scans he is two weeks behind how can that be

The outside measurements don't mean a thing. They're very inaccurate, to the point where you can measure 3 weeks out before they'll even consider checking you for a scan. The fundal height differs depending on from which point your midwives start measuring. It's from the top of your pubic bone, but a lot of midwives can't find it properly and go for an approximation, meaning you end up with different readings even when done on the same day. How far your uterus / stomach stretches out also depends on how strong your stomach muscles are to start with, a woman who is very fit and has been working out daily will usually measure a fair bit smaller, your 'average' woman will measure spot on and a woman who may have been slightly slacking in her muscle exercises will measure bigger. If your muscles have been stretched before, for example due to previous pregnancies, you often measure slightly larger as well. Baby's position will make a difference too, my little girl is back to back and uses her feet to push out making me measure bigger. Breech babies often measure bigger too. Fluid levels is another thing that makes a difference.

There's so many factors with regards to measuring from the outside, that it's really inaccurate. Growth scans tend to be a lot more accurate, not so much in weight estimation but at least in length kind of thing. That said, it's worth remembering that only 1 baby out of a 100 is born at 50%, for things to average out you need to have smaller and bigger babies. It doesn't mean anything is wrong, or anything to worry about... just that your baby isn't the spot on average child. Just like your IQ doesn't tend to be spot on average.

Did something silly this morning...really wanted a macds breakfast so I decided to walk regardless of that im in pain still (its a good 25min walk there)... 1hour after I got back ive had a few tightenings and pains that I could sort of time in space of 14mins had 1 strong then 1 mild and then strong and mild again :/ unsure of whether to phone in yet as they're frequent but not regular :/ xxxx

Just ate a whole pineapple... Feel sick now! :sick:

Then read that for it to have any effect, you'd need to eat about 15! Lol!

Anyone else trying anything to help the start of labor? What actually works and what are myths??

Just ate a whole pineapple... Feel sick now! :sick:

Then read that for it to have any effect, you'd need to eat about 15! Lol!
:dohh:
Silly!!
Now it's your own fault if you have loose BMs! And won't be a sign of labour :haha:

Oh girls we all sound so miserable lol!
I had my 36 week check up today, on weekly appts now. Had the step b swab done so hopefully that comes back clear. They don't check for dialation here either. MW said though that I will be checked on 40 week appt if I haven't had bub by then just to see if anything is going on. BP is high 140/80 hoping its nothing and goes back down. Fundemental height measuring right on 36 weeks ( was measuring 2 weeks a head at this point with last bub and he was 9lb lol )
I've been feeling nauseous in the mornings for the last couple of weeks kind of like mild MS again without the vomiting. Can't wait to have my body back! Lol :)

Well I dtd through what I think were bh last night gaves...although they might have been mild contractions...as im now sat timing them and looks like I'll be going in!!!! Nearly been an hour...shortest time between is 3mins...longest is 6mins... duration ranging between 30-60seconds... xxxx

I've eaten 2 pineapples and I don't think it did anything. Just a few cramps here and there and that's everyday without pineapple. At least it's good for you though. I don't dare try spicy food because of heartburn. I really don't enjoy waking up with my chest tight, coughing up stomach acid YUCK! Raspberry tea leaf is supposed to be another one. I may go out and get some today since I've been lazy inside since Monday with groin pain OUCH! I'm not into the castor oil idea. I don't think that sounds pleasant at all.

Oh girls we all sound so miserable lol!
I had my 36 week check up today, on weekly appts now. Had the step b swab done so hopefully that comes back clear. They don't check for dialation here either. MW said though that I will be checked on 40 week appt if I haven't had bub by then just to see if anything is going on. BP is high 140/80 hoping its nothing and goes back down. Fundemental height measuring right on 36 weeks ( was measuring 2 weeks a head at this point with last bub and he was 9lb lol )
I've been feeling nauseous in the mornings for the last couple of weeks kind of like mild MS again without the vomiting. Can't wait to have my body back! Lol :)

oh am with you on the nausea! it's driving me nuts! I'm so tired and my dd is unsettled. keep telling myself it will all be easier once I'm not heavily pregnant anymore!

still a few weeks till I start trying to serve lo it's eviction notice! it's exciting to see lots of u guys getting close tho!
:winkwink:

Well I dtd through what I think were bh last night gaves...although they might have been mild contractions...as im now sat timing them and looks like I'll be going in!!!! Nearly been an hour...shortest time between is 3mins...longest is 6mins... duration ranging between 30-60seconds... xxxx

Have you called your delivery suite? Gets some advice :thumbup:

Hope this is it for you! You're due just 2 days before me but I think I'll be waiting much longer! :haha:

As for me... Had 36 weeks checkup today, baby is in perfect position, very low down, and I've been allowed to go to the birthing unit after all, yay! My BMI is just over the cut-off so I had to wait to be considered :) Any other UK ladies that weren't told if baby was engaged or not at this point?! Midwife didn't check...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->