May due dates lets labor watch :-)

I agree, do not feel pressured to have an induction if you do not want one at this point, especially if you want to go naturally. I am on track for a larger baby but they are not talking intervention for me, granted I am seeing a Dutch doctor. I want to avoid any increased chance of c section, and induction is associated with that.

I had a dr like that once and changed. This time though just like last time i am finding i have no choice as baby could be in danger so induction is best.

Proudparent - yes, your case would be one of those times that an induction sounds best. LIke I said earlier, I'm not really against them. I would gladly agree to one if I was 42 weeks or had some health concern like GD or pre-ecclampsia or anything that is putting either me or the baby at immediate risk. I just think predicting size is such guesswork at times that baby would have to be obviously very big to make me consider it.

I've heard such scary induction stories that it puts me off a little. And I'm scared that I will be induced even though I have had a previous section. Doesn't that increase the risk of rupture? I'm just glad I won't get one before 42 weeks.

I've just had my first bout of watery discharge...gross but exciting! I started getting this at least 4 days before my dad was born, so fx this little man is thinking about coming in the next week????

I refused induction with my 2nd, was quite happy to go over 42 weeks if required. Having been through medical induced contractions with my 1st it was something I'd happily avoid as long as neither me nor my daughter were at risk. Will do the same again this time around if it comes to it. To me size isn't really enough of a reason to go ahead with induction (well, large size that is! A baby that's too small would often be better off growing outside the uterus after a certain point), the growth scans and estimates are just too in-accurate.

No signs of labour here yet, thankfully. DH seems to have fought off the quinsy with the help of antibiotics, but probably picked up C. Diff from the antibiotics instead as he's been sick and getting worse for the last few days, to the point of doubled over in pain and struggling to get off the toilet or out of bed today. He's just gone for an emergency GP appointment, fingers crossed it will be good news once he's done there. Until he's back in action properly baby is going to have to stay where she is.

Had a check up today and I'm really starting to get nervous! I'm dilated to 1 1/2cm but my OB has already started talking induction :( He said if I havent had him by my next appointment (next monday) that he'd like to schedule an induction. I just kind of gave him a look and he said well we can wait a little longer but not much, hes going to get to big. I'm not a little girl (5'11") and OH is 6'4" so no hes not going to be a little baby!! Lol. I just hate everyone talking induction instead of just letting me go at my own pace. He can't stay in there forever, eventually he'll decide he wants to get out. Anyways! Hoping lots of walking will help this week to get something going I've been loosing little bits of plug and having random braxton hicks but thats it...... Come on baby!! Mommys ready to meet you :)

That seems a bit crazy, as you haven't even reached your due date. There's such a problem with drs just wanting to get the baby out ASAP even when it's detrimental to baby and mummy. I had be induced at 42 weeks, but would definitely not do it before hand. Hope your baby gets a move on soon :hugs:

That's brilliant news ProudParent!! Fingers crossed your little man stays put until induction date, not long at all now!! =D

Im a but jealous as I feel ive got weeks and weeks left but at the same time..... putting off labour for a bit more time doesn't worryome hhaaah

Im a but jealous as I feel ive got weeks and weeks left but at the same time..... putting off labour for a bit more time doesn't worryome hhaaah

Noodles - how many weeks have you got left? Time is currently going crazy fast and reeeeeally slowly for me!

Thanks everyone been having contractions ever since i was checked time should go by fast as we are moving this week.

Whoop proudparent, that's amazing! Hope the next 9 days fly for you!

I am 35+4 today........ 37 weeks means nothing in the uk
They dont check our cervix until we go over and need a sweep...... so its a tedious annoying waiting game that could go on and on and on

having chronic anxiety doesnt help me either haha I drive myself crazy

Still in pain from the contractions just ready to have him i am now offically afraid to go through the pain of labor.

My bump hasent even.dropped no signs of hher arrival at all! :nope:

I have bh occasionly but it hurts motewhen shes moving than the bh :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"