May due dates lets labor watch :-)

Congratulations on the new babies!

And good luck proud, 10 days until my induction so we will be going through it more or less together. It would be great to go naturally first but I'm currently so tired I don't think I'd be able to do it! Being heavily pregnant with a 2 year old is so hard, especially as he had a stomach bug yesterday and DH is working away. I'm already in bed as we have dance class at 9:30am, it's country dancing theme and parents are encouraged to join in.

I am 35+4 today........ 37 weeks means nothing in the uk
They dont check our cervix until we go over and need a sweep...... so its a tedious annoying waiting game that could go on and on and on

having chronic anxiety doesnt help me either haha I drive myself crazy

Not entirely true, if you're hoping for a home birth then 37 weeks is quite an important milestone to reach. From 37 weeks onwards you won't need to go into hospital for 'premature labour' anymore. I was thrilled to reach 37 weeks =)

Truthfully, I think checking of your cervix would only drive people more insane. It doesn't mean all that much and you can walk around dilated for weeks at an end. I've seen so many posts along the lines of 'my ob / midwife told me I would definitely go before my due date, now I'm nearly a week over!', I'd rather just sit it out without getting my hopes up.

Can understand how you feel though, but baby *will* come!

Still in pain from the contractions just ready to have him i am now offically afraid to go through the pain of labor.

Have you had an irritable uterus before, or do you think the internal may have set off labour? Are the contractions regular at all, and increasing in pain? Hope you won't need to put up with them for much longer and your little boy either makes his way now, or things calm down and let you sit out the next 9 days in relative comfort

I am pissed off and angry with everything right now..... everything and everyone is annoying me hahaha

I literally cant even go to the toilet without getting huge braxtons they are so strong not painful just irritating

when I have a wee so much pressure pushing down got midwife tomorrow and going to speak to her about my anxiety etc mostly its worrying about his size

My bump hasent even.dropped no signs of hher arrival at all! :nope:

I have bh occasionly but it hurts motewhen shes moving than the bh :dohh:

If it's any consolation, I'm 39+4 and I still don't look like I've 'dropped' :(

I have the midwife and consultant (who is actually my cousin so will prob end up being more of a chat lol!) tomo so hoping to find out their opinions as to whether baby is engaged/ in a good positiobetc and just find out what happens from here on out!

I am pissed off and angry with everything right now..... everything and everyone is annoying me hahaha

I literally cant even go to the toilet without getting huge braxtons they are so strong not painful just irritating

when I have a wee so much pressure pushing down got midwife tomorrow and going to speak to her about my anxiety etc mostly its worrying about his size

I know how you feel I'm so grumpy and my patience is so thin!

Really stupid question and I think I know the answer already but I feel like I need to say/ask it! Labour is just going to happen one day isn't it? There won't necessarily be any warning? I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever until one day I just explode from having a balloon belly!

I have what I think is my final growth scan tomorrow so will hopefully have a clearer idea about what I'm doing, where and possibly when!

I have packed my bags as much as I can with outstanding items to be thrown in at the last minute.

When I had my first I was 40+6 and from what I can remember just got periody pains.....with my second I was Induced at 37 weeks

this time I dont know what to expect will I go over again I cant remember what labour feels like my brain must be tricking me

I am 35+4 today........ 37 weeks means nothing in the uk
They dont check our cervix until we go over and need a sweep...... so its a tedious annoying waiting game that could go on and on and on

having chronic anxiety doesnt help me either haha I drive myself crazy

Not entirely true, if you're hoping for a home birth then 37 weeks is quite an important milestone to reach. From 37 weeks onwards you won't need to go into hospital for 'premature labour' anymore. I was thrilled to reach 37 weeks =)

Truthfully, I think checking of your cervix would only drive people more insane. It doesn't mean all that much and you can walk around dilated for weeks at an end. I've seen so many posts along the lines of 'my ob / midwife told me I would definitely go before my due date, now I'm nearly a week over!', I'd rather just sit it out without getting my hopes up.

Can understand how you feel though, but baby *will* come!

Still in pain from the contractions just ready to have him i am now offically afraid to go through the pain of labor.

Have you had an irritable uterus before, or do you think the internal may have set off labour? Are the contractions regular at all, and increasing in pain? Hope you won't need to put up with them for much longer and your little boy either makes his way now, or things calm down and let you sit out the next 9 days in relative comfort

No not regular at all unfortunately. Its as if it set off BH but then once they mainly eased off i am still in discomfort as if my abdomen clear down low is bruised. I have a lot of preasure from him being so low that in general i am uncomfortable no never had an irritable uterus not even sure what it is.

I can't remember if I had warning signs or not. I did drop several weeks ahead though but at the appointment before I had DS there was no sign with my cervix that anything was happening. I was told I had awhile to go. He was born less than a week later. ha ha I had early labour for about 3 days before the real thing began. I had bloody show on the first day of the early contractions. So I guess those were my signs.

So far my belly hasn't dropped and I do get BH from time to time....more than I did a week or two ago....but nothing to make me think it's happening any time soon. I'm so jealous of everyone who has had their babies or are about to. Not only is everyone due ahead of me here, it seems everyone is going early or having some sort of reason to get induced early. My OB has been so hands off I don't even know what position my baby is in and I'll be let to go the full 42 weeks. Neither she nor my DH think that will happen but I feel like this baby is trouble maker and I don't trust her! lol

Really stupid question and I think I know the answer already but I feel like I need to say/ask it! Labour is just going to happen one day isn't it? There won't necessarily be any warning? I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever until one day I just explode from having a balloon belly!

I have what I think is my final growth scan tomorrow so will hopefully have a clearer idea about what I'm doing, where and possibly when!

I have packed my bags as much as I can with outstanding items to be thrown in at the last minute.

I feel the exact same way. I really feel like the I will just be pregnant for the rest of my life. LOL I haven't had any labor symptoms or signs. LOL

Best of luck with your scan tomorrow Rachie! Keep us updated, I'll be thinking of you :D

Im not sure i would want to know if im dilated or not until im in labour maybe thats just me xD

Im not sure i would want to know if im dilated or not until im in labour maybe thats just me xD

I like to know it keeps me in tune with my body so i am not caught off guard. Also my anxiety gets the best of me too lol.

I'm not that interested in knowing that information either. I've tried to check myself (midwife explained how) out of curiosity, but was unsuccessful so it'll stay a mystery until I'm in labour.

Im glad im not the only one that dosent want to know. Ive been told that you could stay a couple of cm dilated for a while before you go into labour and i would end up getting dead excited for no reason :dohh:

I have been getting mild bh for the last couple of hours. Nothing new there for me so im not getting my hopes up.

Congrats to all whose had their babies...ive been super busy...milk finally came in and am loving my baby boy!

Congrats to all whose had their babies...ive been super busy...milk finally came in and am loving my baby boy!

Enjoy it time flies i am sure you are loving it and cherishing every moment. Congrat!

8 days until i hold my little man so excited!

Hello there ladies. Just checking in to say hello and have been reading through all the pages about stuff. I've spent loads of evenings on my exercise ball - my toddler thinks its hilarious so he sits on his huge ball that's half the size of my one and we roll around together! I doubt anything will happen from it though as much as I want it to. But than again I think I'd be pretty freaked out if they did break spontaneously as I had them broken for me first time round. xxx

I agree I think I would be freaked out if my waters broke spontaneously as apparently it feels really strange xx

Ive never had my waters break..... both times the midwife broke them. I can't eve move around without getting braxtons now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->