May due dates lets labor watch :-)

He really should, although I'm pretty certain he's not going to lol! I'm getting very nervous now!! X

Has anyone having a second written a birth plan? I'm thinking about printing one out just to make sure that they know that I don't want to be constantly monitored and would like to be able to move around and that I get anxious around blood pressure machines etc. I'm still umming and aahing about braving no epidural again....

No birth plan other than "epidural and have a baby". Our hospital policy is to make me be considered 'high risk' as I'm going for VBAC. I will have to have constant monitoring and I know from last time that anything can happen. It's just easier to not let myself get my heart set on any type of birth. Even the epi can fail like it did last time or labour can go too quick to get one.

Anyone else feel like they're in it for the long haul? I'm not quite full term yet (one more week) but I just get this feeling that baby is settling in with no plans to come any time soon. My OB is willing to let me go to 42 weeks so my May Baby could end up with a birthday as late as June 12th. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. *sighs*

From what I've read there doesn't seem to be much pattern for earlier second babies. I think the theory second ones come early can lead to disappointment :( xxx

:-( We can but hope though xxx

Where does the theory even come from?? It's just so cruel. My son was only 4 days late and I keep hearing from family they think baby is coming early but I have no idea where they are getting that from other than the babies on dH's side of the family come early. Well, my family is filled with Last Minute Charlie's. My brother's kids all came 2 weeks late and STILL needed to be induced. I keep hoping for a 38 or a 39 weeker. I once had a dream my baby came on the 21st (8 days before due date) but I am never lucky like that.

Just got back from the Dr. Sitting and waiting game still. The word induction wont even be discussed until 41 weeks. The Dr is estimating that she is long based on measurments. Says maybe 7.5 lbs but of course just a wild guess. So afraid to be poppings out a 12 lb turkey! lol

Yay May!! I'm wondering if this little man is going to make an early appearance, still doubting it though. I've been having painful BH all morning that won't go away and it feels like everything is about to fall out. Starting to feel a bit nauseous, so really hoping I'm not in labor now. :wacko:

Right...busy day today!
5mile walk-done
Very hot curry at my nieces 7th birthday meal-done
Pineapple-bought and going to eat in a min...
Hot shower-to follow the pineapple
Dtd-if jonny decides to either stay in instead of going to pub or comes to mine after...
Then probably another hot shower after that :)!
If bubba still doesn't come out...he just being an awkward bugger!! :haha: xxxx

We won't have our child baptised but OH wants to pick "symbolic" godparents if that makes sense. It'll either be his sister and her husband, or one of his best friend and her fiancee.

Makes perfect sense my oh isnt religious at all but we will be picking symbolic godparents :D

Hubby is starting to get freaked out and I think it's cute.

He asked me last night if I could please write him a list of all the things he should gather and do and the type of things to say when I go into labour and today he's been hovering and asking me constantly if I need anything. Must be because I started my maternity leave yesterday and he's convinced himself that the babies about to burst out any second :D

This is my oh! He woke me up at 10am today by ringing me from his work because he uad a sudden panicking thought of "what if i have no signs amd suddenly go to the loo for a poo and push out the baby" :dohh: it took a bit to calm him down and explain how rare that is :rofl: it only worked when i told him ive only ever seen that on the tv program i didnt know i wass pregnant :rofl:

Now I want to eat curry!
But there'll be no long walk for me, my midwife advised against that at my appointment today. I'm not put on bed rest, but almost! Even if she had told me it's okay that I do a lot of exercise, I wouldn't, I'm still in pain after walking 30 minutes two days ago.

Could very sore boobs be an indication that the end is near? I feel like they're going to explode and their temperature is much higher than anywhere else on my body... I'm clinging to any possible sign :haha:

From what I've read there doesn't seem to be much pattern for earlier second babies. I think the theory second ones come early can lead to disappointment :( xxx

:-( We can but hope though xxx

Where does the theory even come from?? It's just so cruel. My son was only 4 days late and I keep hearing from family they think baby is coming early but I have no idea where they are getting that from other than the babies on dH's side of the family come early. Well, my family is filled with Last Minute Charlie's. My brother's kids all came 2 weeks late and STILL needed to be induced. I keep hoping for a 38 or a 39 weeker. I once had a dream my baby came on the 21st (8 days before due date) but I am never lucky like that.

My husband was convinced this baby would be an April baby! 1 day over due tomorrow so unless she arrives in 3 days or less, then the earlier second baby theory won't have been true for me!! I don't mind up to 41 weeks but after that I will start to get anxious about being induced :( xxx

I went over the hospital list with my husband today after he got out of work. Just in case I'm at the doctors (45 min away) or unable to get everything done by myself. You never know. Plus it will help me remember everything and makes me feel like I have some control over the situation (yeah right lol!)

I keep thinking I'm having cramps and it might be the start of something, then I go to the bathroom or have gas :) Oh, let the good times roll!

I can't eat anymore "fresh" pineapple and I can't do spicy because of heartburn and it makes my stomach turn. Just going to continue with sex, cleaning, raspberry leaf tea, and dates (gross, I've only eaten 2). He'll be here eventually... just tired and bitchy.

Boob wise i have no clue my boobs hurt loads now too!

Rasberry leaf tea tablets and walking for me haha

So much for today being my final growth scan. My fundal height is the same as it was 2 weeks ago (although still measuring over) and baby's growth seems to have levelled off slightly. I have yet another scan in 2 weeks and I'm to go to the fetal wellbeing clinic every week for monitoring.

I'd really like to be not pregnant in 2 weeks! Have an appointment with my fab home birth midwife on Friday so will need to make a decision about what I'm doing. Unless baby comes at exactly 37 weeks then I'm really not sure that it's a sensible option anymore.

In other news, I have the most horrendous fat sausage feet and cankles. I can only presume the EPO is having some effect as I can easily feel my cervix now too

Good that the growth has levelled off Rachie! Best of luck with the midwife tomorrow and I've got my fingers crossed that your baby comes at 37 weeks :thumbup:

Ps I've also got sausage feet and cankles the last few days :(

Anyone know anything about breastpump to help start labor? Had it mentioned plenty of times...I got my pump yesterday and not tried it yet
...any particular way to do it? Xxxx

Yay May!! I'm wondering if this little man is going to make an early appearance, still doubting it though. I've been having painful BH all morning that won't go away and it feels like everything is about to fall out. Starting to feel a bit nauseous, so really hoping I'm not in labor now. :wacko:

I had that 2 weekends ago where the painful BH lasted nearly 3 days and since I was only 34ish weeks along I knew it was too soon and was almost in a panic. I was also losing bits of plug but baby is still snuggled tight. She even disengaged and I think she can still flip around. Felt a kick to my hips just a short while ago when for the past week I've been feeling them in my ribs.

I have in my head that I have to wait for my show to appear before I get excited? Am I right in thinking that as I get disappointed every time I go to the loo now! And that's alot! X

Induction booked May 11th, I'm due today :(
Had contractions for 3hours and now they have stopped, couldn't get my sweep today as his heads no longer engaged.
:cry:

I have in my head that I have to wait for my show to appear before I get excited? Am I right in thinking that as I get disappointed every time I go to the loo now! And that's alot! X

I have this too! I even go to the toilet just to check, and when it's just discharge I get really disappointed. Every twinge I get over excited with too. Think I may go mad soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->