May due dates lets labor watch :-)

When I went for 28 week app midwife said head down and wrote fixed on the notes. I assume it means he is head down now and growing ready to pop out hahaha pop out who am I kidding

My midwife told me but I can feel the position so I know she is head down (same for my first he was head down also for a long time before labour) and know for sure she is engaged due to the pressure and the pain especially after walking. Babies can go in and out of the engaged position though, but I feel this pressure constantly :( xx

That must be why its so uncomfortable its like a heavy feeling like pushing down on the cervix but from inside is that what it feels like??

Yeah it's like a ball being pushed into your pelvis lol! I have quite sharp pains along side that and when I walk I guess it makes it worst so I avoid long walks now. Xx

Yeah im feeling the sharp pains. I am really uncomfortable right now. I got some lovely teeny babygros from next today ahhhh and some teeny toms size 1 I couldn't resist myself lol

My pressure and pain is all in my lower back when i stand or walk for long periods of time. I have never had it before and it can get so bad my head will spin i feel sick and weak like i am gonna fall down right there unless i sit down.

Yes know that dizzy light headed feeling :( I'm trying not to wish my final weeks away as I do love being pregnant and it will probably be my last baby so want to enjoy everyday but it's hard when you feel like that! Xx

I kept going really dizzy just thought it was normal but midwife told me my blood pressure is very low? Dont know why or what it means I assume its nothing to worry about

Noodles I was getting dizzy all of the time. I increased my fluid intake a lot (water and coconut water for electrolytes) and it's helped a good amount. I thought I was drinking enough but apparently not. I also have issues with low blood pressure and it's no fun but extra electrolytes do help.

I'm getting so excited for labor! It should be a completely different experience with my midwife - no interventions unless absolutely necessary. This pregnancy has gone by so quickly and has been surprisingly easy. I'm sure I'll be feeling it in a few weeks though.

Bought ds1 his new bedroom furniture so now I just have to put the crib together, wash the baby clothes, pack my bags and I'll be ready! Crazy.

Yeah it's like a ball being pushed into your pelvis lol! I have quite sharp pains along side that and when I walk I guess it makes it worst so I avoid long walks now. Xx

Ahh I get that all the time, especially if i've been sitting for too long, it's exactly like that comment on lady posted, you have to walk/shuffle out of the room like all your lower half forgot it existed and there's a basketball waiting to come out lol.

Joining you all :) Due 5/5. DH thinks he will come 4/18 becuase that is good Friday and DS#1 was born on good Friday.

I am hoping he stays in until his due date :)

At the rate i feel i am going with the bedrest and things now i have a feeling Zachary will make an early appearance!

Only seeing this I'm Due May 2nd

I have been in so much pain today/tonight, I have started getting contractions (braxton hicks I guess as they come and go but are lasting 2-3mins) in my back again like Michael.
No tummy tightenings just that crippling sensation in my back that gets worse if you sit or lay down.
I'm scared this means I will have another back labour as it was so tiring, I couldn't sit or lay down for 2 days I walked or sat on a birthing ball.

The pains are coming every 20mins or so ATM but they were the same last night and stopped.
I had these pains a week before labour and all through labour.
They are dead strong and I can't sit/lie down with them.
A birthing ball helped me with Michael as I could sit with no pressure, would it be ok to use it now?

I had diarrhoea a few days ago put it down to a bug, have had loads of discharge (but I have quite a bit anyway sorry for TMI) he feels so low.
I don't want to go any time soon as I'm only 35weeks tomorrow and we are far from prepare, what else could I do to ease it but not bring on labour?

Have you tried a warm bath? Maybe lying down with feet up? I know it's tough with a LO running around. But what you're describing sounds a lot like what I had before going into labour with DS. I had constant contractions for about 3 1/2 days before he arrived. They weren't quite regular but were fairly steady at every 5 minutes to 20 minutes. The bigger variation was the intensity. Some were awful and others were simple tightenings. I could sleep through them but after 3 days they suddenly woke me up rudely from sleep and I knew it was the real thing. I was full term at the time so I was trying to keep them going so don't know if they can be stopped.

It might be worth going in just to be checked. Perhaps the doctor would be able to find a way to stop it if it's real.

EDIT: just reread and saw you said you can't lie down. Maybe a warm shower and calling your doctor is in order?

Lots of water and start taking calcium and magnesium. That's what I was told with my first when I was having early on contractions as well as well as taking it easy. He was also born posterior so I had nothing but back labor.

That being said I have those feelings as well. I don't time them as that would freak me out! Like now and for the past two hours my bump and back continuously get hard and throb. No matter what I do it happens. Baths do help though.

I had it happen lots with my second and he was born 38+6.

Also they say these things get worse with each kid. This time for weeks I have so much pain and pressure in my butt and vagina it's insane. Like she's literally right there about to pop out!! I can't even stand with my legs closed that's how low I guess she is. I didn't feel this till almost labor time with my boys.

Only seeing this I'm Due May 2nd

I have been in so much pain today/tonight, I have started getting contractions (braxton hicks I guess as they come and go but are lasting 2-3mins) in my back again like Michael.
No tummy tightenings just that crippling sensation in my back that gets worse if you sit or lay down.
I'm scared this means I will have another back labour as it was so tiring, I couldn't sit or lay down for 2 days I walked or sat on a birthing ball.

The pains are coming every 20mins or so ATM but they were the same last night and stopped.
I had these pains a week before labour and all through labour.
They are dead strong and I can't sit/lie down with them.
A birthing ball helped me with Michael as I could sit with no pressure, would it be ok to use it now?

I had diarrhoea a few days ago put it down to a bug, have had loads of discharge (but I have quite a bit anyway sorry for TMI) he feels so low.
I don't want to go any time soon as I'm only 35weeks tomorrow and we are far from prepare, what else could I do to ease it but not bring on labour?

I'm due the day after you and could have almost written your post myself! I have noticed some off and on tummy tightening though, today has been the worse. The only things I've found that help are hot showers or baths and a heating pad. Laying down or standing up is horrible :( and chasing a toddler around all day doesnt help any. We're almost done! Just a few more weeks :happydance:

I am definitely on labor watch, having gone into preterm labor with my DD at 34 weeks. I feel okay, though, just vigilant about watching out for how many BH I get, etc. My DH keeps telling me not to stress, and while my preemie is now a totally typical two yr old, I want a full term baby this time.

My advice to ladies having a lot of back pain or discomfort is to talk to your doc or midwife, they can at least give you some advice on it. I think some discomfort is normal at this stage but if it is truly awful, pls seek med attention.

Hi Ladies!

I guess I should join in! I'm due with #2 on May 16th! Lots of luck ladies! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->