May due dates lets labor watch :-)

I might feel differently in a weeks time :) but I could happily do maybe another 6 weeks yet, Im just not ready!

I get the stupid comments/question too... "Have you not had that baby yet?!"

"Yes I have, I just chose to carry her around up my jumper!"

I've been impatient since 37 weeks! :haha: couldn't imagine doing another 6 weeks :shock:!
I know right? like you'd forget to announce if you'd had the baby!

I've tried lots of the old wives tales with no luck....been taking rlt and EPO, had lots of spicy food, loads of walking, bouncing on my ball etc. The only thing I've not tried is sex...oh and I don't tend to have sex when I'm pregnant but I think I'm gonna make him tonight cos I'm desperate (for a baby, not for the sex :haha:)

Emotionally I'm a mess today. I know the postpartum period will be a challenge for me, my mental health history puts me at risk of depression, but at least I'll have people to talk to about it, there'll be someone who will be able to relate and help... Right now the reasons why I'm crying are so irrational I hate myself for thinking such things.

Woke up thinking my waters had broken, but it seems like it was a false alarm... although I'm still not 100% sure. My contractions haven't changed since last night. Same intensity, more or less the same frequency... It's getting frustrating.

fleur :hugs:! these last few stages of pregnancy are horrible :( x

Hubby just got home from work with a care package for me:

- pineapple
- RLT
-spicy seasoning for tonight's dinner
- balloons

The balloons confused me but somewhere in the depths of the internet he found something that says blowing up balloons causes a pushing reaction so can induce labour.

Hey I'll give anything a go :D

I've tried everything except castor oil... nothing. Time to give up and just let it happen when it happens. Only thing I'm doing now is walking a lot and that's mainly because I can't sit for long without getting extremely uncomfortable. lol

Ive just called the midwife. ... I have been in turmoil for over a week I keep saying I just dont feel right. This is my third baby im not a loony I just feel something isnt right he hardly ever moves and im measuring big for dates. 40 weeks and im 36+4

Ive just called the midwife. ... I have been in turmoil for over a week I keep saying I just dont feel right. This is my third baby im not a loony I just feel something isnt right he hardly ever moves and im measuring big for dates. 40 weeks and im 36+4

Always trust your instinct
Hope you get some reassurance xxx

Well done for calling Noodles! It's definitely important to always listen to your instincts. I'm a big fan of the saying 'you know your body better than anyone else'.

Hope you're able to get some reassurance xx

Thanks guys. She said she wants a quicky growth scan to check him. Today they told me trace protein in my wee and he only moved 3 times in 2 hours. I keep trying to tell people..... he isnt moving!

I just got back from getting my whooping cough vaccine at my general doc's office and all the ladies there were telling me to drink raspberry tea. I'm all for keeping my son in as long as he needs, but when it hits 40 weeks and I'm not dilating, I may give it a try LOL

Hope all you ladies are doing well.

Thanks guys. She said she wants a quicky growth scan to check him. Today they told me trace protein in my wee and he only moved 3 times in 2 hours. I keep trying to tell people..... he isnt moving!

See, I raised concerns about lack of movement (which is partly why I have my scan tomo) and my midwife said as long as I feel him move on 10 separate occasions within 24 hours that's OK, in which case 3 times in 2 hours would be fine wouldn't it? What did they say to you noodles?

I've been really crampy again today. DTD tonight better get things moving, else this baby is gonna be in my bad books!

Just spoke to midwife she wants me to have a growth scan to make sure his growth hasnt exploded that could be why he hasnt hardly moved

Good luck with your scan Noodles. Do you know when it is yet?

I've decided with this pregnancy I'm not doing anything to kick start labour, as last time tried everything and he was still 2 weeks late! Although it is a good excuse to have curry ...!

Hope all you overdue ladies have your babies soon x

They told me if I havent heard by noon tomorrow to call the sonographer they will be expecting a call anyway etc so they will give me a time whilst I'm on the phone. Nweds ti be asap really as I am 37 weeks on friday. All I need to know is why he isnt very active. I feel like a loon keep worrying but I've got to to trust my gut feeling

Well, I'm awake and I think this *could* be the start of something... Having contractions on and off, but have been too sleepy to really tell how often so just downloaded an app to time them!

They are painful enough to make me wake up again when i starr to drift back off, but not much else. Have had no bloody show / mucus plug or waters breaking though. Hoping this turns into something, but could just be a result of DTD earlier????

Mrs t will have everything crossed for you! How exciting.

Noodles - don't feel like a loon at all, you've definitely done the right thing. I think there's no point taking any risks and mummy always knows best. Also, you will feel better once you know everything is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->