May due dates lets labor watch :-)

I just got back from getting my whooping cough vaccine at my general doc's office and all the ladies there were telling me to drink raspberry tea. I'm all for keeping my son in as long as he needs, but when it hits 40 weeks and I'm not dilating, I may give it a try LOL

Hope all you ladies are doing well.
RLT isn't to induce labour it's to tone your uterus so you make more productive contractions :) so starting it now will be good. I've been taking it since 34 weeks.

Well, I'm awake and I think this *could* be the start of something... Having contractions on and off, but have been too sleepy to really tell how often so just downloaded an app to time them!

They are painful enough to make me wake up again when i starr to drift back off, but not much else. Have had no bloody show / mucus plug or waters breaking though. Hoping this turns into something, but could just be a result of DTD earlier????
Good luck :)

Is anyone else having strange dreams now? I dreamt the other night that there were no rooms on the ward so I have birth in a broom closet with 2 mws and I gave birth a little girl weighing 7lbs 6oz. Last night I dreamt I only had to push for 10 minutes but I gave birth to a hamster.

Good luck MrsT I really hope this is it for you, I am a big believer in DTD kicking things off.

Hello everyone!! I had really hard contractions for 3 days straight non stop but I wasn't dilating so my doctors didn't want to do anything even though I wasn't sleeping and was in so much pain. Finally on Monday night my waters broke and when I was checked the baby had a bowel movement inside. I then also found out I had a pretty bad infection that was in my placenta and at that point I couldn't get an epidural until I had 2 bags of iv antibiotics and after 3 days of never ending contractions I just wanted to get the epidural so I could rest before pushing. Well finally after receiving 2 bags of two different antibiotics I was allowed to get the epidural and was able to rest for a little while before they gave me meds to increase contractions. After a few hours we started to push and 1/2 hour later Arya Rose was born but not doing great because of the bowel movement she had and the infection that was in the placenta. So they rushed her off to the nursery and the doctor couldn't get my bleeding under control so I was sent off in a hurry to the OR. Scary to say the least. Once I got out of the OR my husband and my parents told me that Arya was doing much better but still needs to stay in the nursery getting oxygen and antibiotics. As long as she continues to get better she can stay here but if anything comes up they will be sending her to a neonatal place. I am doing a lot better too. I will post pictures her once i can!

Hello everyone!! I had really hard contractions for 3 days straight non stop but I wasn't dilating so my doctors didn't want to do anything even though I wasn't sleeping and was in so much pain. Finally on Monday night my waters broke and when I was checked the baby had a bowel movement inside. I then also found out I had a pretty bad infection that was in my placenta and at that point I couldn't get an epidural until I had 2 bags of iv antibiotics and after 3 days of never ending contractions I just wanted to get the epidural so I could rest before pushing. Well finally after receiving 2 bags of two different antibiotics I was allowed to get the epidural and was able to rest for a little while before they gave me meds to increase contractions. After a few hours we started to push and 1/2 hour later Arya Rose was born but not doing great because of the bowel movement she had and the infection that was in the placenta. So they rushed her off to the nursery and the doctor couldn't get my bleeding under control so I was sent off in a hurry to the OR. Scary to say the least. Once I got out of the OR my husband and my parents told me that Arya was doing much better but still needs to stay in the nursery getting oxygen and antibiotics. As long as she continues to get better she can stay here but if anything comes up they will be sending her to a neonatal place. I am doing a lot better too. I will post pictures her once i can!

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, but how scary for you! Take care of yourself x

Congratulations!

KRobbo, you gave birth to a hamster :haha:?

I have vivid dreams every night now makes me feel like I havent slept at all because it exhausts me. Oh and the enormous leg cramps!

Oh my goodness! I was convinced it was kicking off last night! Back pain started to get worse and there was so much pelvic pressure! I went to bed to get some sleep I wake up and nothing! Still crampy though but trying to keep my mind off it.

Plus I had this gtt test on Thursday. ... if I had gd they would have let me know by now shouldn't they? Im going with no news is good news.... x

I've never been able to remember my dreams. I know I must have some corners cos DH will tell me I was talking or thrashing in my sleep but I have no clue why.

Giving birth to a hamster definitely counts as odd!

Every time I stand up and walk any distance anywhere even if it is to the kitchen..... my whole bump tightens and everything below my pubic bone just feels pressure and tightening. .... been doing this a couple of days now

I dont think its anything significant tho.

Had a little freak out last night! Id gone to the toilet and mid stream I felt baby drop, her head literally went thud against my cervix. It was the strangest sensation! I thought my waters mustve broken during the impact but as I was peeing when it happened, I couldnt tell. There hasnt been any trickles at all since though so still in tact!

I immediately text my friend who said same thing happened with her and within minutes she was contracting so Ive been on edge ever since lol. Serves me right for being the weirdo that doesnt want to give birth just yet!!!

Anyone else felt this? It really is the weirdest feeling! Ive had kicks to the cervix but this was definately not that. It was as if she had fallen from really high up, for a split second I thought she was going to be born right there on the toilet!

Yesterday the midwife wrote in my notes 4/5 palp...... ?? Whats tht lol

and last night while I laid in bed I was getting sharp pin like pains right in my pee hole area lol sorry tmi it wasnt pleasant

Every time I stand up and walk any distance anywhere even if it is to the kitchen..... my whole bump tightens and everything below my pubic bone just feels pressure and tightening. .... been doing this a couple of days now

I dont think its anything significant tho.

I don't think so either, I've got the same :dohh: had for weeks.
So so annoying, limits what I can do, how far I'm walking etc because it's so uncomfortable. I reckon it's Braxton hicks.

Yesterday the midwife wrote in my notes 4/5 palp...... ?? Whats tht lol

and last night while I laid in bed I was getting sharp pin like pains right in my pee hole area lol sorry tmi it wasnt pleasant

Means midwife can feel 4 fifths of the baby's head, he is engaged 1 fifth.
From what I can remember anyway, I have explanation of this in my green notes.

Bloody braxton hicks lol

im waiting for a phone call for a scan time...... I cabt believe in a months time ill have another child....... weird thought actually saying ive got 3 children

Bloody braxton hicks lol

im waiting for a phone call for a scan time...... I cabt believe in a months time ill have another child....... weird thought actually saying ive got 3 children

It's scary.
I'll have another one (hopefully) within a week. If not, max 3 weeks!:thumbup:

I *think* something might be happening :) Had a sweep monday, bloody show yesterday and I've been up for the past 2 hours with some pretty painful contractions between 8 and 5 mins apart. Wondering if I should tell OH to stay home from work when he gets up? I'd hate for it to fizzle out to nothing though.

Midwife appointment didn't go aswell as I hoped! Baby only 3/5th engaged, tried to do a sweep but couldn't as cervix still to high and not soft enough. Induction booked for the 19th!

That sounds like a nightmare labour and birth. I'm surprised they let you wait as long as they did after they found meconium in the water. Hope your little lady recovers quickly and will be strong enough to come home soon. Massive congrats to you and your husband though =)

Bloody braxton hicks lol

Hope you won't be waiting too much longer, how has activity been today? Definitely trust a mothers instinct. Good luck with the scan once it's booked.

Haaaaannah, happy due date! How are you holding up hon? Noticed everyone bugging you (well, 'baby') on facebook, hope it's not getting to you.

Happy due date to the other ladies due today as well =)

That sounds so scary for you. Hope you are both on the mend and bubs can come home soon. And congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->