May Emeralds 2014! :)

That makes sense. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!!

We are going to have a pretty active DTD/cardio/spicy food schedule once May rolls around! :)

Hey ladies!

I think I might have to start popping in on the weekends. I miss so much when I don't. Congrats to all of you term mamas!! The countdown has officially started.

We had our 3D scan on Friday, and my little man just melted me. He is a little cuddler. I can't WAIT to meet him.

Has anyone thought about trying any "at home" things to kick-start labor? I have been reading about a lot of stuff to try, and I'm going to start putting some of them into effect in about 4 weeks to move this process along!

Here is my Facebook

As all my drs are crazy and still allow me to dtd that is what i will be trying first as its what started my labor with ds1. Plus its fun lol. But as far as other things not sure what i wanna try. I cant tolerate spicy foods not that tolerant of pineapple i like it but not enough to eat what they claim it takes. What methods are you interested in?

My rabbit has been acting different around me since i got pregnant. Researching it most rabbits become really affectionate towards you when your pregnant l. My rabbit? The teenager male rabbit of mine is apparently showing how much he fancies me! :dohh: at least hes not aggressive i guess :haha: it better stop when ella is born or he will need the chop lol :haha:

Hannah thats greaat you can fit that in your bathroom, it must be huge ours is a nightmare because our bathroom and sick are one room then the toilet is seperate room next to it :/

mrs stefka glad your scan went well 3d ones are fab arnt they!

Exclibur what a fab size your little man is! hope your tests go ok, i have GD and last mondayy he was estimated 6lb8oz!

as for getting baby moving im not going to try anything, i tried everrything under the sun with DD and nothing made her budge so I just have the they will come when they are ready attitude mind this one has until 1st may to make an appearance if not its section day!

Please please remind me its never a good idea at almost 37 weeks to be out shopping from half 10 till 4pm to say im in agony is an understatement my feet look like balloons i actually didnt think they were that bad till DH walked in from work and said my word have you seen the size of your feet :dohh: having lots of braxton hicks today some fairly painful others not so much x

Mrs.Stefka - Thank you and I will do for sure :D

That sounds like a good plan :thumbup:

Hia the ecv didn't work. It was very painful and I don't think I would recommend it to anyone. It was like a huge Chinese burn on my stomach. Id not do it again! Baby was monitored for an hour afterwards and was slow to pick up movements and still is quite quiet now, so I have to keep an eye on that now. But they were happy with the heartrate. I'm home now and resting. We have a section booked for 28th April, just 2 weeks. (so u can kick me out of this group lol) xx

Rosie - Sorry I missed you off my last post, I think we posted at the same time. Thank you, I'm keeping everything crossed for good results and wow, you would think I had GD wouldn't you? I guess my results will reveal all, either that or I just carry big babies :shock:

Hia the ecv didn't work. It was very painful and I don't think I would recommend it to anyone. It was like a huge Chinese burn on my stomach. Id not do it again! Baby was monitored for an hour afterwards and was slow to pick up movements and still is quite quiet now, so I have to keep an eye on that now. I'm home now and resting. We have a section booked for 28th April, just 2 weeks. (so u can kick me out of this group lol) xx

Sorry it didn't work lovely. :hugs:
How far along are you?

No you stay!! Don't go away so close to the end. 2 weeks and you'll have a beautiful baby, so exciting xxx

Felix - I'm sorry to hear that the ECV didn't work and that it was so painful :(

28th April isn't far away and I hope you stick around in this group! Your section is booked for 2 days after my birthday :happydance:

Hia the ecv didn't work. It was very painful and I don't think I would recommend it to anyone. It was like a huge Chinese burn on my stomach. Id not do it again! Baby was monitored for an hour afterwards and was slow to pick up movements and still is quite quiet now, so I have to keep an eye on that now. I'm home now and resting. We have a section booked for 28th April, just 2 weeks. (so u can kick me out of this group lol) xx

Sorry it didn't work lovely. :hugs:
How far along are you?

No you stay!! Don't go away so close to the end. 2 weeks and you'll have a beautiful baby, so exciting xxx

37 weeks today, so 39 exactly at section. I will stay, I'm sure a few of us here will have an April baby. And I want to keep up with everyones journeys to the end x

yes must of posted same time, i bet its a case you carry large babys I was the smallest of my mums and then she had a huge jump in weights with my brother and sister my sister been 9lb 10oz a week early!

felix really sorryy ecv didnt work hope your ok, my section is booked two days after yours!

18 days till I hit 37 weeks at which point I will be DTD like a rabbit discomfort be damned!

Rosie - That is what I was thinking and wow..9lbs 10oz a week early? :shock:

ha ha i know i always remember back in the days when my parents had milk delivered by milkman and he came to collect his weekly milk money and it was November and he asked if my mum had had baby my dads response was yeah she gave birth to a turkey! But to think i was 17 days late (yep 17! long days apparantley!!!) and i was only 7lb12 x

Felix: I agree! You have to stay! Sorry it didn't work for you :(

Excalibur: WOWZERS he's going to be a proper chunky boy!

Rosie: I was also a very late baby. 14 days late, 2 failed attempts at induction. They sent my mom home on a satuday to await a Monday csection date, and I decided I would come all on my own sunday. I was also just shy of 8 lbs then... My own child elected to wait until the day before his eviction notice was served...

As for ways to get labour going, im not doing a damn thing! :haha: I tried them all for 4 very long weeks with G. More sex than hubby could handle, spicy food, pineapple, I walked an hour a day, bumpy roads, bounced away on an exercise ball from dawn till dusk, RLT and EPO from as early as suggested to start... 3 "very favourable" membrane sweeps. All I got was 3 lovely weeks of prodromal labour, with a contraction every 3 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I dilated a cm a week... lol. I think I'll kick up my heels and cuddle with my boy in his last days as an 'only' He' going to hate me for a few weeks once we bring little miss home anyways, might a well get the cuddles while I can!

I was a month early and 4 pounds 14 ounces. Very tiny probably because of the drugs and alcohol during my moms pregnancy. I am so worn out this time just ready to hold him. He has been moving all over the place all day! I feel like one of those people in a horror flick where something burts out through their belly i feel like any min he is gonna come through lol.

I was born at 38 weeks, 5.4lbs... My sister, 38 weeks too, and 4.5lbs! She was perfectly healthy, my mother just makes small babies. My brother was her biggest at 6.2lbs.

Aaaaah, that horror flick feeling :haha:
Part of me loves it because it's funny looking, and part of me hates it because damn, it hurts so much!

I've had to move a single bed mattress all by myself this morning... Never doing that again unless I want to provoke labour! It triggered a series of very uncomfortable contractions, and since then even the tiniest effort (like standing up to make dinner) would bring those contractions back. Fortunately they were not the real deal... I'm not ready to have my baby as I still don't have the okay to deliver at the birth center.

Pineapple helps get the labour going?

Fleur, if I remember correctly, you'd have to eat like 8 full pineapples in one sitting :haha: but some swear by it

And to note, if you eat 8 whole pineapples I think you'll end up with runny poo and a sore tummy :rofl:

I eat 3 slices of pineapple and my gums instantly start to bleed, I don't dare imagine what it would be like if I ate 8 whole ones!
Oversensitive gums... how I am not going to miss that pregnancy symptom! So looking forward to being able to brush my teeth without it looking like a slasher movie :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->