May Emeralds 2014! :)

Being woken up by incredibly itchy hands!!
I don't know if it's because I've been washing up a lot recently but my goodness is it irritating. :( feels like they're on fire. I even got up at 2am and washed them with cold water.

Hardly slept AGAIN
Obviously getting used to baby arriving but it's annoying when you can't sleep when baby isn't here yet :dohh:

Em - I have this too, and also think it's from washing up, plus the fact I have eczema anyway.. Have you tried aveeno? I use this on my hands and takes the pain away from the itchiness! I've been waking up at 5am, and can't sleep :( so know what you mean about the sleep! Especially when you know LO number 1 will be running in shortly :lol:

The speculation for my "other" baby shower has become rife, who ever has me on facebook would have seen I posted a picture of my other baby shower cake and two of my friends we're like " I thought this was sunday?".. but if I'm not today, I feel like a but sad lol, my sisters picking me up at 1.30 to go to my mums to watch her try a wedding dress on? My mum isn't giving the game away at all, as I had a five minute conversation about this "dress" yesterday.. Also my sister said the dress was at my mums, my mum said I wonder what she will bring the dress in?.. The stories aren't matching :haha:
I'll keep you posted! ;)

Em - I have this too, and also think it's from washing up, plus the fact I have eczema anyway.. Have you tried aveeno? I use this on my hands and takes the pain away from the itchiness! I've been waking up at 5am, and can't sleep :( so know what you mean about the sleep! Especially when you know LO number 1 will be running in shortly :lol:

The speculation for my "other" baby shower has become rife, who ever has me on facebook would have seen I posted a picture of my other baby shower cake and two of my friends we're like " I thought this was sunday?".. but if I'm not today, I feel like a but sad lol, my sisters picking me up at 1.30 to go to my mums to watch her try a wedding dress on? My mum isn't giving the game away at all, as I had a five minute conversation about this "dress" yesterday.. Also my sister said the dress was at my mums, my mum said I wonder what she will bring the dress in?.. The stories aren't matching :haha:
I'll keep you posted! ;)

Snap, eczema too! Suffer from dry skin which flares into eczema sometimes. Trust me to get a hole in my washing up gloves! No I don't use any creams but aqueous ones because everything irritates my skin but that.
Baby is being a big wiggler today so I know she's okay :thumbup:

Haha! Love the fact they're trying so hard to keep it a secret :haha:
I'll. be looking forward to hearing about your SECOND baby shower haha!

I wish I could have just bad one, it's what happens when I have two groups of friends that don't like each other that will try and out do each other..

Two baby showers! I'm jealous :haha:
I didn't even have one, my "friends" "forgot" to organise it when they said they would do it and I didn't have to do anything.

I knew my mother would bring a lot of cloth diapers, but I didn't expect that much. I'm sure we would be able to go for three to four days without doing the laundry if only our washing machine was big enough.

Do the other second-time (plus) moms remember how long they went between belly dropping and baby being born? I am trying to remember with DS but I just can't. Today I noticed my belly is lower than it was yesterday but it's still way too early for baby to come. I am fairly sure it was at least 2 weeks between belly drop and labour with DS. I hope so as another 2 weeks would essentially take me to full term. Just a little nervous as I've been really crampy the past 2 days and passing snotty discharge plus loose stools. Don't want her coming just yet!

Needless to say, I've finally put the baby stuff into the wash tonight and will pick up the last few things I need when I go into town tomorrow. I'm having the procrastination scared out of me. ha ha

I dropped at 36 weeks with my first and she was born at 41.
Dropped at 34 weeks with this one :)
No sign of mucus plug yet though , sounds like you're slowing losing yours

Thanks. I don't mind her coming a little early but to me a "little early" means 38 weeks. Not 34 or 35. I don't even want her at 37. I know that's technically full-term but 38 sounds better.

Right now it's the combination of things that has me nervous. Each of them on their own don't really mean anything. I started losing bits of plug with DS in 2nd tri and he went 4 days overdue. I also had bad BH with him early on.

I do like the trial run though. Makes me feel like my body is gearing up for the real thing down the road.

Major false alarm last night :( contractions started at 6.30 till 11ish called midwife as strep b, and they told us not to go in, so till more paracetamol and went to sleep and have just woke up :(

Major false alarm last night :( contractions started at 6.30 till 11ish called midwife as strep b, and they told us not to go in, so till more paracetamol and went to sleep and have just woke up :(

:hugs: bet you didn't sleep too well.
Hope you're ok, how are things now?
xx

It was lovely :) lots of family! And cake ;) and my mum and sister made a nappies cake :haha:

Hannah! Maybe we are having these babies at the same time! I had it starting at 6 last night till about half 10ish, went to bed and it's now gone!

UGH! Hannah I had that happen with G. SOOOO frustrating! I hope your LO doesn't torture you like G did to me!

Starrynight, I've been losing bits of plug for weeks, but I don't think she's dropped any. I've been having tons of pressure, period pains and pelvic pain really down low for a few weeks too. Its really sinking in how soon she's going to be here, and I feel like nothing is ready!

Baby is full term TOMORROW!!!! EEEK! I come from a long line of women who do not have early babies, every single one of my siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles (as well as my son and niece) have all been in the overdue crew, so Im not likely to go early, but you just never know!

Happy full term for tomorrow bumpin! Hope your LO doesn't keep you waiting to long :)

Im happy for her to stay put! My toddler has been a holy terror these days...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->